Does Saki have the best standup in MMA right now?

Naaaaaaah.

He hits hard though... obviously. He's dangerous.

But I think it's too late for him to adapt to MMA.

For the first 2 minutes of the fight he's definitely one of the best.

Who has ever beat him on the feet? Put down Lawlor, backed Condit up for 25 minutes, boxed up BJ.
Who Silva? I believe the OP said currently, but lets not forget Silva was on steroids.
Jeremy Jackson, Gomi, KJ Noons, GSP, Anderson. Probably more.

The guy who went 10 rounds with money is the best striker. No question.

saki's speed and accuracy on his strikes were crazy. he's small for LHW, so we'll have to see how he holds up. if he can easily make 185, that might be where he can have more longevity. he did really well in his fight. it's a completely different game then kickboxing. MMA takes more out of you. he certainly has a lot to work on, but he did well.

{<huh}
Why do sherdoggers think Standup/striking= just boxing?
Saki is certainly one of the best boxers in the UFC with good movement and fantastic hands but he looked helpless in the clinch almost KO'd by Silva's knees and elbows.

Last edited:
Small glvoes changes everything, the dynamic of striking is at a different place

Many of your favorite boxers and kickboxers will have a hard time against the best MMA strikers.

Striking in mma is just different than boxing or kickboxing, distance management, timing, defense against more weapons. It changes everything.

A high level boxer, (Thai) Kickboxer etc, plopped into mma doesn't mean they're automatically the best striker, guys like these get beat standing in mma often.

Saki is a fucking JOKE. Can't believe people are jumping on his band wagon, even after he gassed in 10 seconds.
Overeem used to be considered the GOAT of K1 striking up until he got outstruck by... Werdum.

He's another overrated bum the UFC is pushing in order to draw in the Muslim demographic.

Offencively yeah he does probably have a good case, defensively I'd say the big three at 135lbs.

He certainly has power in his punches, there's no denying that. But he got hit more than I thought he would and also gassed pretty badly. Octagon jitters maybe, hopefully.
I'm looking forward to seeing him again, but I doubt he'll get passed any of the top guys.

I agree on all accounts.

Back