Does Saki have the best standup in MMA right now?

he is not in his comfort zone, he will always think about TD and that will be reason why we will never see his full striking potential.
last night it was enough and as he said,he learns if he loves it.

he just need to focus on TD/cardio ,striking is already his game

Just because he doesn't do flashy kicks doesn't mean his standup isn't great. Simple but effective. Box them up to the cage and bully them with body shots.
Lol well if the thread title was asking "who has the most effect yet simple standup" I would have gladly vouched for either Diaz brother

But it didn't and he's not....hell
I'd just about guarantee that Nick himself would tell anybody he doesn't have the best hands(regardless of how or deluded he can at times or the fact he still thinks he beat sherk)
He's a accurate volume puncher that lacks speed, power and variation in his punches

Neither Diaz is no joke though obviously in any aspect of their game

Last edited:
Saki is the best stand up fighter, it's not even close.

The Diaz bro's are great mma boxers, but they can't handle a lowkick.

In MMA yeah, but not if you include WMMA

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

Yes he does. Doesn't mean he won't get mauled. But yeah I honestly doubt that anyone can beat him in stand up. Unfortunately, he will be mauled unless the UFC gives him opponents as stupid as da Silva.

His speed, power and perfect combo's are to much for everyone in the ufc

No, but his striking is dangerous as fuck against anyone. He has a lot of holes in his defence but if you make one mistake when he's going full out, there's a good chance you're going to sleep.

MMA is not comprised of separate disciplines - they are integrated.

With this said - Saki is not the most dangerous striker.

I thought there looked to be a lot more pop on his strikes than pretty much anyone I've seen in MMA. Not being used to clinching made him gas. I thought his TDD was impressive considering he's so inexperienced.

Oh ffs here we go again.. choo choo....
giphy.gif

im tired of people thinking successful kickboxers transitioned to mma must be great strikers in mma. thats false. they are completely different things. i mean the lack of in-fighting/high guard, addition of takedowns, smaller gloves etc changes everything...

mma is a fallback sport.

Unless you're Semmy Schilt.

Failed MMA artist turned K-1 legend. Lol

im tired of people thinking successful kickboxers transitioned to mma must be great strikers in mma. thats false. they are completely different things. i mean the lack of in-fighting/high guard, addition of takedowns, smaller gloves etc changes everything...

mma is a fallback sport.

Fallback to Kickboxing? Come on now...

He's got a win over Anderson Silva

Back