Does rose= serra?

There you go thinking again.... NO she not

post-406774-0-29900900-1450569286.gif

No. JJ can't take a shot and Rose has good power, speed, and a style that is hard to train for. She beats JJ 10 out of 10 times in my opinion.

Nah, serra only got the tile shot cause of TUF rose got the title shot by beating a legit contender. I doubt joanna can get her title back. Can't condition that chin. But this is MMA she might be able to beat Rose 9/10 times (that one time being the rematch if she's lucky).

But GSP had all the tools to back up that glass chin..

Does JJ have something like that?

GSP didn't have a glass chin, certainly not on the level of JJ. He was dropped only what, 1 time in his career outside of the Serra fight and that was a flush Condit head kick?

TBH Rose is probably more well-rounded than Serra. She reminds me a lot of the Diaz bros.

No. Serra got a lucky overhand, freaked out, and went berzerk while he had the chance.

Rose simply outclassed JJ. Nothing lucky about those punches. Great footwork set them up as well

I agree....and I predicted that rose was going to get murdered...I thought that joanna was just too much for her...but rose proved me wrong...I still think, if you let joanna get going...she's very very tough to beat...cause she never gasses. so you have to get her out of there, early...which rose did....Claudia knocked joanna down in the first round also, in their rematch...but once joanna got up...she dominated..

Not really... It just seems like Rose got a lot better with her movement and boxing. these really stifled Joanna.

This is more like TJ vs Barao. Barao and Joanna were both huge favorites, stationary targets, and have high level Mauy Thai, where as TJ and Rose were big underdogs, made HUGE improvements coming into their fights with their footwork, and BOOM., upset city.

Nah, serra only got the tile shot cause of TUF rose got the title shot by beating a legit contender. I doubt joanna can get her title back. Can't condition that chin. But this is MMA she might be able to beat Rose 9/10 times (that one time being the rematch if she's lucky).

Waterson legit contender...ok.

Nah, Rose is the real deal. She murks Joanna in the rematch.

Serra was a very good fighter, but undersized for WW, while Rose and JJ are in their right weight class. Rose always had the skills, but didn't consistently show them, while JJ did. Could be a match-up thing, Rose can strike and that's what JJ does.

Serra wasn't a real WW though while Rose fights at her right weight. Alves, Kos, Shields and Fitch were all true WW's, would've beat him, so it's different.

hell no. She methodically beat Joanna down. She was setting up that left all night. She dropped her with it the first time and wiffed the second time, the third time was the charm. Watch how she fucks with Joanna with her lead right and gets her to drop her guard. Shit was masterful.

Serra got lucky.

Rose is still growing and getting better. Serra had already peaked before he fought GSP and was about to have a long fall.

No, but JJ might = Rousey

Got to see how she rebounds from this loss

But GSP had all the tools to back up that glass chin..

Does JJ have something similar?

2:13
The perception that GSP has a glass chin was always false. Serra just hit the right button at the right time. No one else ever dropped GSP, or even rocked him.

Joanna gets dropped in damn near every fight. She got dropped by a jab for god's sake.

Also, Serra was booted from the UFC the first time. And he was in his mid thirties. Rose continues to get better. She came into the UFC when she was 21.

Joanna's not great like GSP. She does one thing well; peppers her opponents with kickboxing technique, and outpoints to a decision. No knock out power, no real ground supremacy. Joanna's been figured out. Her future won't be bright. The real question is, is Rose the next Holly Holm.

Last edited:
I think if her and Joanna fight again she would murk her, and get her title back. Joanna does need to stop her shit talking though.
Thoughts.
Ya, plus the same hairstyle.

<TheWire1>

No. JJ can't take a shot and Rose has good power, speed, and a style that is hard to train for. She beats JJ 10 out of 10 times in my opinion.

IMO you give her too much credit, she did won fair and square, but we are talking (pre-fight) about undefeated champion on a title defenses streak against a contender that has been defeated by two people that JJ already beat, not only beat, but put on a clinic on Esparza who submitted Rose, time has happened yes, but she also beat (with rough moments) Karolina, who also beat Rose, she did great, 10/10? Doubt it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back