Does Rockhold deserve his shot?

JeffDredd

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I only ask because I was under the assumption the general consensus would be no purely due to the fact that he sat out for so long after his loss to Bisping and has only fought Thatch since coming back. However, in a thread I was reading earlier there was only one person who seemed to share that view (@Agnawedbone).

Do my fellow Sherdogians truly believe Rockhold has "earned/deserves" this shot or is it just the fact we've been so starved of decent middleweight fights that we're willing to get behind the first fight with any legitimacy?

Discuss.

Only a muppet would dislike this matchup

This is a proper MW Championship caliber match.

Theres no right answer for who gets next title shot at MW

It used to be Bisping was holding up the division because of Jacare and Romero. Whittaker already beat them. Luke's the next obvious choice.

who else?

tha Chris?
1-3 last 4

Deserves it more than the last two guys to get the MW (non-interim) title shot, that's for sure.

Not really, but Bisping made a joke of the division alread so I'll get over it.

I only ask because I was under the assumption the general consensus would be no purely due to the fact that he sat out for so long after his loss to Bisping and has only fought Thatch since coming back. However, in a thread I was reading earlier there was only one person who seemed to share that view (@Agnawedbone).

Do my fellow Sherdogians truly believe Rockhold has "earned/deserves" this shot or is it just the fact we've been so starved of decent middleweight fights that we're willing to get behind the first fight with any legitimacy?

Discuss.

Who would you give it to?

Well, what are the other options for Whittaker? Yoel's last fight was a loss to Knuckles. Jacare's last fight was a loss to Knuckles. The Chris is riding a 2-3 one fight win streak. Gastelum just fought and is talking welterweight. Machida 1-4 skid. Brunson and Eraserboi are a bit green.

Only a muppet would dislike this matchup

Statler-Waldorf-Head-Bobbing.gif

Whittaker welcomes all comers.

It is the only fight to make..

He absolutely does, imo

Really hoping he’s been working his defensive striking- he’ll need it

If he’s smart and actually tucks his chin and shows good footwork, he poses plenty of problems for Robert, imo

Both guys are fantastic and are two of my favorites.

Funny how their personalities/attitudes are such polar opposites

It used to be Bisping was holding up the division because of Jacare and Romero. Whittaker already beat them. Luke's the next obvious choice.

Yep. If Mousasi didn't run off to fight Russian midgets in Bellator, maybe he'd have a claim as well. As it stands, Luke is the best choice.

Unfortunately, yes. He sat back and let Bobby Knuckles handle the guys he didn't want to fight.

Discuss.
Thatch?

Not sure he really deserves it, but on the other hand who does? Yoel unfortunately not, Jacare neither as they both lost to Robbie. Weidman kan piss off, and Gastelum (loss to Weidman) and Brunson (Loss to Robert) need 2 more wins. Moose should've hung around.

Back