does pro fighter feel sore after a day of training?

rizky

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
How can they push themselves twice a day, six days a week? Are they fully recover after each training? How they recover so fast? I feel weak the day after an intense workout and can't train as hard as i did in the previous day. What are their secret

To be honest ive thought the same many times

Im sore as hell after an intense session

I think though some of it is adaptation, you keep doing it and eventually you get used to it

I think the main majority of it though is steroids to be quite honest

supplements like after glow.
good rest/sleep and stretching
but mainly supplements. Some supplements have steroids in them intentional or not.

They've built up a work capacity over time to be able to do so. Keep in mind, these guys have been training for decades.
I train 6 days a week, and 4 of those are twice a days. It took me some time to build it up to that rate though.

They've built up a work capacity over time to be able to do so. Keep in mind, these guys have been training for decades.
I train 6 days a week, and 4 of those are twice a days. It took me some time to build it up to that rate though.
What's your schedule? Like type of training Monday-Sunday and duration. Any of these last longer than 2 hours?

What's your schedule? Like type of training Monday-Sunday and duration. Any of these last longer than 2 hour?
Mornings is lifting, usually about 75-90min, and nights is usually a class (1.5h) and about 30-45min of open training afterwards, depending on how I feel.
I'm also bulking, so the surplus is probably what helps me recover and get through the frequency I'm doing. I don't think I'll be able to do this amount of volume on a cut. I'm not in camp so there's more lifting compared to when I'm in camp.

m- 531 OHP + RE Push (am) / sparring + bagwork/drills/etc (pm)
t- RE Pull (am) / BJJ + open roll/bagwork (pm)
w- 531 Squats + RE Legs (am) / MT (pm) --- no sparring, just 1 class, legs are already worn out from the morning, so I keep it less intense this day
t- 531 Bench + ME Push(am) / BJJ(or MMA) + bagwork/drills/etc (pm)
f-
s- ME Pull
s- Deads + ME Legs

Mornings is lifting, usually about 75-90min, and nights is usually a class (1.5h) and about 30-45min of open training afterwards, depending on how I feel.
I'm also bulking, so the surplus is probably what helps me recover and get through the frequency I'm doing. I don't think I'll be able to do this amount of volume on a cut. I'm not in camp so there's more lifting compared to when I'm in camp.

m- 531 OHP + RE Push (am) / sparring + bagwork/drills/etc (pm)
t- RE Pull (am) / BJJ + open roll/bagwork (pm)
w- 531 Squats + RE Legs (am) / MT (pm) --- no sparring, just 1 class, legs are already worn out from the morning, so I keep it less intense this day
t- 531 Bench + ME Push(am) / BJJ(or MMA) + bagwork/drills/etc (pm)
f-
s- ME Pull
s- Deads + ME Legs
Why do you lift so much? You just trying to get super strong? Are you that comfortable with your conditioning that you can afford to give it up for long periods of time?

And I know what 531 is but what is RE and ME?

Why do you lift so much? You just trying to get super strong? Are you that comfortable with your conditioning that you can afford to give it up for long periods of time?

And I know what 531 is but what is RE and ME?
RE = hypertrophy (or rep effort, I used to do ws4sb years back and the acronym stuck to my head which is why I write it like that)
ME = max effort

I stalled on my lifts for awhile, and I had time so I added in alot of volume and hypertrophy work as something new. Its not a very popular opinion on the forums, but its helped me bust through my plateau and I've been making progress since I started back on it.
I'm trying to get my strength base back, I made the mistake before of taking advice from idiots in terms of diet, and s&c
aka.
-Don't lift, just run 6-8km everyday, circuits, etc Thai's do it, so you should as well
-Don't count calories it doesn't work, cut off all carbs, carbs are teh devil
-Don't water cut to make weight, diet down, its safer. Cut at most 5lbs
-Height is everything, you're below 6', you have no business over 145lbs

The combination of that had me lose alot, and now that I'm more knowledgeable on the subject, I'm trying to get things back. My conditioning is okay, it could be better, but I do all that during camp. I know how to breathe properly, and I rely on that primarily for my cardio. For now, the training at night ends up being "cardio" for me

I also like training, so the frequency is good with me, I feel off when I'm not training

Last edited:
Leaving out steroids you can try

Appropriately warming up (stretching/yoga)
Ice baths
Cryotherapy
Foam Rollers
Creatine
Man the fuck up
hot bath with epson salts

Leaving out steroids you can try

Appropriately warming up (stretching/yoga)
Ice baths
Cryotherapy
Foam Rollers
Creatine
Man the fuck up
hot bath with epson salts
and chocolate chip cookies. When I was drained and sore from road work,
Dieting and training I ate a cookie with my breakfast coffee And almost started weeping. That cookie gave me the strength to continue

3x Tour de France winner and world champion Greg Lemond once said, "training never gets easier, you just get faster".

It's true though that professionals can handle work loads normal people can't. Part of this is because of their conditioning, and partly because they take their recovery more seriously.

A couple other things some pro riders told me: "when you're not training, don't stand when you can sit, and don't sit when you can lay down"
"Beginners will often go too easy on their hard days, and too hard on their easy days"

Drugs like steroids and growth hormone also allow you to recover much quicker.

Last edited:
I'll let you in on a secret; every high level fighter fights hurt.

I don't think training twice a day is that crazy asking as you give it plenty of rest before the second session.when people start training 3 times a day 6 days a week that's when I have to start questioning if there natural but maybe I'm just jealous because I'd love to be able to train that much

Willpower. The human body is incredible at adapting

Next time you feel like you cant go in for a second section remember there are slapdick highschool kids doing it for football

The Thais can do it cos its just drills and running but when you add strength work, its starts taking a toll. Your muscles are breaking down to repair and rebuild but if you are doing multiple things, boxing, kicking, grappling, strength and cardio your bodies gonna slowley plateau, especially if youre training twice a day. It could be natrually possible but youd have to know exactly what to eat and when to eat it plus youd have to have a nap between sessions. Theres alot more to it but thats the gist.

Dieting and training I ate a cookie with my breakfast coffee And almost started weeping. That cookie gave me the strength to continue
Beautiful story

Chocolate milk is also money for recovery

Back