Does Matt Serra have the best win in mma history?

I wouldn't call Aldo 'prime' after the second Mendes fight, his (and Chad's actually) durability took a huge hit in that war, he had never even been dropped going into that fight and he's been ko'd twice since.

Revisionist history

Also worth considering.

I wonder how many volumes of history could be written if we knew the truth of what really went on at all these events.
I mean for the most part, it was be pretty hard to imagine that any of these guys from the golden era weren't on atleast one thing that would be considered illegal. Even if it wasn't a straight up roid like turbinol or nandrolone.

29ntb0y.jpg

Werdum vs Fedor

Given odds and hype...it's Holly over Ronda.

If Ronda came back stronger and better then ever after that loss, I would say this would be in the discussion, but, it was just the opposite.

So, no. I disagree with you wholeheartedly.

I gave this a like, but would say not the same.

While CC was coming off the tournament win and looked "not bad" in his UFC debut.

This was CC's second fight in the Octagon, a totally different realm from the PRIDE ring, and physically had given a lot in PRIDE and K1 before that.
plus mirko said he was 3 gonzagas from the elbows he took on the ground

Werdum over Fedor is probably number 1.

Second is probably Conor over Aldo due to the craziness of it all.

Third is either Serra/ GSP or BJ/ Hughes. I'd give it to Serra/ GSP.

That's sort of how evaluating performances works, he's not as durable as he used to be, that's a fact.

Lol. Excuses excuses. He looked fine against Frankie.

Lol. Excuses excuses. He looked fine against Frankie.
I'm not talking about skill, I'm talking about durability. Frankie barely landed anything in that fight, and he ain't exactly the most dangerous striker either way.

There have only been a handful of times a top 2-3 P4P was defeated in their prime.

Off the dome

BJ Hughes 1
Serra GSP 1
Anderson Sakurai
Conor vs Aldo
Weidman vs Silva
Werdum vs Fedor

Of those I tend to think of Weidman vs Anderson as the most decisive. It wasn't a quick fight, Weidman won the rematch (Serra lost rematch to GSP
BJ lost rematch to hughes)

I have Serra vs Hughes as the biggest upset but biggest win, defined as the win over the best P4P fighter closest to their prime I gotta go with Weidman. Silva was straight up embarrassing his opponents at the time. He definitely fell off after but he was also closing in on 40. You could argue he was past his prime, you could also same almost all the same things for Werdum vs Fedor.

Forgot about Jones vs D.C. 2

That is the highest level of talent ever in the cage together IMO, that could be argued as well but D.C. Didn't have as strong a claim to top 3 P4P, more like 4-5, but still a huge win.

Randleman and Nog over prime Crocop. Fedor over Nog.

Nice think veiled GSP nuthugger thread TS.

Serra is one of only two men to ever beat GSP, who is arguably the best fighter of all time.

How do those other fights even come close?

I am aware of the impact those fights had, I saw them when they happened.

Serra beating GSP shook the MMA world, and the only other person who has a win over GSP on their resume is the second best welterweight of all time.

Fuckin nubes around here.

It’s not even the biggest upset title fight. Let alone the biggest upset of all time.....?

Your account is 4 years old.

If you haven’t learned ANYTHING yet. Why don’t you just leave. And, never come back.

Some adults are trying to have some half-assed discussion, in here. You need to go back, and sit at the kiddie table.

Then STFU, and try reading for a change. If you had done that at any point during the lifespan of that account.

You wouldn’t be cluttering up the fuckin heavies with your infantile, attention seeking drivel.

Fuckin child.

yNoN8nW.gif

Yeah, I am not talking about upsets though, you dummy.

It’s not even the biggest upset title fight. Let alone the biggest upset of all time.....?

If you haven’t learned ANYTHING yet. Why don’t you just leave. And, never come back.

Some adults are trying to have some half-assed discussion, in here. You need to go back, and sit at the kiddie table.

Then STFU, and try reading for a change. If you had done that at any point during the lifespan of that account.

You wouldn’t be cluttering up the fuckin heavies with your infantile, attention seeking drivel.

Fuckin child.

yNoN8nW.gif

That's quite a rant for someone who either didn't read or is too stupid to understand the question TS was asking.

Fuckin child.

yNoN8nW.gif

have a nap

Back