Does Krav Maga work?

It's actually a real issue, go look it up. Don't get offended at me because of a joke that raises awareness to the issue of human-rights-violations in Israel, especially by the army.
תספר לי על זה

It's actually a real issue, go look it up. Don't get offended at me because of a joke that raises awareness to the issue of human-rights-violations in Israel, especially by the army.
This is about to turn into a war room thread.

תספר לי על זה

hahahahahaha, how fucking coincidental that the guy that gets offended when I talk about about human-rights-violations in Israel speaks fucking hebrew.

Krav Maga is real.
But it is not like other martial arts.
It is geared to end the battle quick, and invariably to injury the other person.
That's what traditional kung fu does. Not movie stuff like Wu Shu (made by the communist government after they banned real martial arts). But real traditional kung fu.

Traditional kung fu just trains guys to execute only 1 or 2 combos for like 10 years straight and all they do is master executing those 2 combos. Those 2 combos will kill a normal untrained, unarmed person. So, they'll lose against a mixed martial artist. However, in a real life scenario they can quickly take out multiple people, which a mixed martial artist can not do.

MMA is for the cage. Krav Maga and kung fu are for real life.

hahahahahaha, how fucking coincidental that the guy that gets offended when I talk about about human-rights-violations in Israel speaks fucking hebrew.
Hope it's pretty clear to you now who is better informed about the subject.
By the way, is it coincidental that you are born in Austria?
<36>

Works defending yourself against people who can't fight.

What if that guy is faster, stronger and has much better reflexes than you, how does Krav Maga or any martial art help you there? Do you really think some soldier or a commando would stand a chance against a Brock Lesnar type juiced animal lifting him up and slamming him into the concrete?

Yes, I would poke him in the eyes and then karate chop him in the neck. Instant victory. Wrestling is limited and MMA does not cover the full spectrum of combat.

That's what traditional kung fu does. Not movie stuff like Wu Shu (made by the communist government after they banned real martial arts). But real traditional kung fu.

Traditional kung fu just trains guys to execute only 1 or 2 combos for like 10 years straight and all they do is master executing those 2 combos. Those 2 combos will kill a normal untrained, unarmed person. So, they'll lose against a mixed martial artist. However, in a real life scenario they can quickly take out multiple people, which a mixed martial artist can not do.

Expect if the scenario for those two moves and the environment changes. That's why you have to learn fighting through sparring. You can't grasp the unpredictable nature of combat without it.

With street fights anything is better than nothing. Going into a fight with a plan and some repetition behind you is going to win you the vast majority of High School fights. However, the 112 pound wrestler that's been competing, lifting, and running his whole life probably beats the dog shit out of everyone in his class. And that includes the krav maga kid, the karate black belt, the guy whos grandfather taught him how to box a little, the dude whos joining the marines after graduation, and the captain of the football team.

Expect if the scenario for those two moves and the environment changes. That's why you have to learn fighting through sparring. You can't grasp the unpredictable nature of combat without it.
They limit it to just a few moves so you can use it anywhere. Guy looks at you funny. Karate chop the neck. Kick in hte nuts. He's done . Doesn't matter if he has a gun or a knife.

Hope it's pretty clear to you now who is better informed about the subject.
By the way, is it coincidental that you are born in Austria?
<36>

Shitty reaction .gifs won't make you seem less butthurt.
Ever been to the gaza strip? Serious question. Cause I have.

They limit it to just a few moves so you can use it anywhere. Guy looks at you funny. Karate chop the neck. Kick in hte nuts. He's done . Doesn't matter if he has a gun or a knife.
Literally anyone can kick someone in the balls if he's just standing in front of you and talking. Real violence often doesn't happen like that.

There's also a pretty big chance you'll get stabbed or shot going after someone with a knife or a gun, no matter how much you've practiced a technique against a test dummy.

Shitty reaction .gifs won't make you seem less butthurt.
Ever been to the gaza strip? Serious question. Cause I have.
Why is it shitty? I mean people from you region were historically known as antisemites.
What were you doing in gaza? Are you one of those vegan activists, who think they know everything and trying to save the world?

Literally anyone can kick someone in the balls if he's just standing in front of you and talking. Real violence often doesn't happen like that.

There's also a pretty big chance you'll get stabbed or shot going after someone with a knife or a gun, no matter how much you've practiced a technique against a test dummy.
Try that on the next guy you meet. Try kicking him in the balls. And remember, you have to do a karate chop to the neck right after. You're not going to be able to do it. It's really hard and takes years of practice to have mastered down to every scenario and every possibility.

It's a joke. You can't spar and legitimately practice scenarios where you eye poke and kick in the balls against an armed attacker trying to legitimately murder you.

Try that on the next guy you meet. Try kicking him in the balls. And remember, you have to do a karate chop to the neck right after. You're not going to be able to do it. It's really hard and takes years of practice to have mastered down to every scenario and every possibility.
That's the thing, you can't master every possible scenario. That's why you need to be able to react well to punches, perform under pressure and hone your instincts. Which is what sparring and fighting against a live opponent does.

<36>

So it will kill an untrained person, but not a mixed martial artist?

What about when mixed martial artists gets rocked & and on woobly legs? They are pretty much the same as an untrained person in that case, defense-wise.

So how did something like that never ever happened in MMA then?

It probably works against no trained people
I'd like to see one of these krav manga guy try to stop a punch from a trained boxer
Anyway I have no respect for people that train groin shot and eye poking

Anyway I have no respect for people that train groin shot and eye poking

You will respect kung fu when you're lying on the ground cupping your groin while you can't see anything because your eyes are bleeding out and then BAM! karate chop to your throat and it's all over.

Wouldn't Motti Horenstein have known Krav Maga?

Back