Does Jouban's loss prove you can't be both a model and a UFC fighter successfully?

NotoriousMillions

28-1
@Silver
Reaction score
Alan Jouban has always seemed like a talented fighter, that just can't get over that hump. Luke Rockhold lost his title immediately after turning to modeling, and to Michael Bisping no less. Ronda Rousey has been beaten by everybody at this point. Is modeling too much of a distraction for these fighters?

Famous UFC Male Models for Reference:

AL_06_COVERS_Luke-Rockhold_HR-700x910.jpg

AL-02_Alan-Jouban_LR-2-500x650.jpg

Famous UFC Plus-size Model:

ronda-rousey-sports-illustrated-swimsuit_8.jpg

Why didn't you ask this after he won his last fight?

It just proves that (i) Gunnar Nelson is really good, (ii) Jouban is a decent gatekeeper and not much more than that, and (iii) Mike Perry is a bum.

Marc Diakiese modeled for a gay mag and he's doing okay. :D

So him winning doesn't suit your question but him losing does?
He's in the ufc and has been for a while, and models as well. He's a moderately successful fighter/model, like akiyama for Japan/Korea, Luke as achieved more in fighting than modelling, so it's really dependent on the person.
This is like saying can you be a successful fighter and *other job* at the same time?
Yeah you can, if you're good enough.

TS is just sad cuz he's ugly and can't fight worth a shit.
<41>

No. Alot of the male models are queer. Jouban is one tought bastard. Unfortunately, the right shot will give him baby giraffe legs and he will get finished. All those camera flashes messed up his equilibrium

Not really .Jouban is in his mid 30s and started MMA late like when he was in his late 20s . Still makes more money doing modeling jobs than most of the full time fighters

it proves PMP deteriorated his chin forever

gunnar only finished the job

Former 105lb champ and currently #6 at 115 in the UFC, about to fight in what is most likely a title eliminator:

SigMoXT.jpg

vus1K6i.gif

CmmlbDu.jpg

lol, modelling is as detrimental as having any other career while being a fighter. probably less so, since it doesn't involve many hours of actual work time. As someone noted, it's hard to start that late.

Well I'm sure that being a model is very time consuming. And walking down the street while chewing gum at the same time is a big challenge.

Back