Does Garbrandt have a chance against Dillishaw

I disagree with everyone in here who thinks it is 50/50.

TJ is a higher level striker who is MUCH more well rounded. He got dropped in the first fight because he strayed from the game plan and brawled because his emotions got to him and he wanted to KO Cody, which he did, but he played with fire a bit too much and he is aware of that.

He will be more disciplined in the rematch, Dwayne will have him laser focused on controlling distance and he will fight more from the kicking range forcing Cody to lunge through TJs advantageous range to try to land his shorter range punches.
*remember that beside not having much kicking game Cody also throws more hooks (and has T rex arms), while TJ is more effective with straighter punches.

I expect TJ to win by KO again but this time he does it on his own terms, picks Cody apart slowly and waits for Cody to put himself in danger, which he will after a few rounds of being outstruck from distance.

Expect lots of kicks and jabs from TJ along with lateral movement to keep Cody out of his comfort zone.

Hoping this 2nd fight is the war I wanted the first time. These guys are so evenly matched. I hate 1st round KO's in hyped fights. I want the drama to build over a few rounds..

Yup. He has crazy power for the weight and already almost KO'd TJ. I think TJ might be more methodical this time around, but Cody definitely can stop him if he slips up.

No

cody-knocks-down-tj.gif

4 inches and Cody is BW Champ. That left hook follow up almost landed

How fucking stupid could someone be to think Cody has no chance after seeing the first fight?

Nice kick by the snake but I dont see it happening again. Cody by being the better fighter.

Well i was picking Cody. But seeing this dumbass Mixedfights pick him makes me think TJ may win. This moron is always wrong about everything

I thought Cody would win the first time, I feel the same way this time. Of course I could be wrong again. Cody is at +105 right now at Bookmaker, if it keeps going that direction I'll wager.

codys realllll good at slippin n rippin so anything could happen. kinda a dumb rematch. bantamweight is a slow division. contenders just waitin around aimlessly

I disagree with everyone in here who thinks it is 50/50.

TJ is a higher level striker who is MUCH more well rounded. He got dropped in the first fight because he strayed from the game plan and brawled because his emotions got to him and he wanted to KO Cody, which he did, but he played with fire a bit too much and he is aware of that.

He will be more disciplined in the rematch, Dwayne will have him laser focused on controlling distance and he will fight more from the kicking range forcing Cody to lunge through TJs advantageous range to try to land his shorter range punches.
*remember that beside not having much kicking game Cody also throws more hooks (and has T rex arms), while TJ is more effective with straighter punches.

I expect TJ to win by KO again but this time he does it on his own terms, picks Cody apart slowly and waits for Cody to put himself in danger, which he will after a few rounds of being outstruck from distance.

Expect lots of kicks and jabs from TJ along with lateral movement to keep Cody out of his comfort zone.
Nah, I think tj is the favorite here too, but if anything he was more disciplined in the first round. After getting getting dropped is when he lost some discipline, was more stationary, and loading up more. Issue is Cody lost discipline too.

Also, when it comes to punching th throws lots of of hooks too, in contrast to his kick heavy game

Last edited:
Does the fighter who seriously hurt, to the point of nearly forcing a stoppage, the other fighter, have a chance in a rematch against that fighter?

What do you think? Stop wasting our time.

Of course he does. He has 1 pro loss.
That punch that dropped TJ in the first could have been the end of the fight.
It’s not like the first fight was so lopsided that a second fight isn’t worth talking about

What's the betting line. Got to be close to even IMO.

Did people forget the first fight where Cody almost knocked him out? Either guy can beat the other, it's a very competitive matchup with TJ seeming to have the chin advantage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back