Does Garbrandt have a chance against Dillishaw

I have Cody in the rematch. It will be interesting to see how both guys chins have gone since the last fight

No chance. He has racked up too much karma attacking TJ for childish things. He'll lose every time, in humiliating fashion.

If anyone is getting bad karma in this fight it will be TJ because of the sucker punching shit he has been doing to training partners.

To expand on my first post as well for Cody to win i think he has to analyze the fight honestly and address his mistake. If he or his camp have a deluded attitude that TJ simply got lucky and he will just go in there exactly the same way to fight him then he has a good chance to lose again.

If he addresses his technical mishaps then i think the fight swings more in his favor. Notably he has to stop being so in love with the alternating hook spam flurry he is fond of throwing. He has other tools like a great jab for instance that he nailed TJ with a few times and needs to use more along with other linear punches to mix it up.

He could have also simply prevented that KO in the first match by covering up better as rampage did when he planted and hooked in this gif

i23250_Page2a.gif

50/50 split right down the middle. Anything can happen in this match seeing as neither guy has a clear advantage over the other.

55/45 in favour of TJ IMO, he has the more versatile and diverse striking.
However Cody is faster, has the better hands and hits harder. Should be a close fight
before one of them goes down

Either one could finish the other if they connect and follow up well. TJ starched him last time, but that doesn't mean he can't get caught and finished this time. They are both good fighters, but kind of douchebags in their own ways. So I don't really care who wins.... As much as I hate the "just bleed god" this is a fight that if they just beat the living dog shit out of each other I'll enjoy it.

TJ got saved by the bell at the end of the first round, in there last fight. 10 secomds longer and Cody would have got the Win.

You have to take into account that fighters take more risks at the end of the rounds.

"10 more seconds" is a bad argument, because rounds are 5 minutes and both fighters know this. They will game the round times in order to steal the rounds. TJ heard the clap and knew there was only 10 seconds so he tried to close the distance and go for a 1-2 to steal the round. He knew that all he had to do was not get KO'd clean and he would survive that round.

If the round was 10 seconds shorter, the knockdown wouldn't have happened at all.

A more careful Dillashaw wouldn't have been caught.

So maybe Dodson's got the most power at 135...?

Or TJ improved his recovery/cardio and learned how to defend himself better while hurt.

Dodson never put him out either, TJ just wasn't able to get his wits about him and intelligently defend himself.

tj has a higher fight iq and seems to stick to his gameplan. not as easily shook as cogar

cogar almost won the fight in the 1st, tj then came out the 2nd round acting like that knockdown never happened and then dropped cody with a high kick. after that cody looked shook as hell, maybe because he realized tj wasn't gonna wilt that easy and that it was gonna be a tough road ahead. then he got sloppy and resorted to headhunting, and tj slept him.

tj is constantly improving every fight. if cody hasnt tightened up his defense and hasnt learned to have some more patience and control in the octagon he will lose again

Killashaw by a 76 2/3% to 33 1/3% margin

Cody is too reactive of a fighter. TJ will give him bait and make him pay for it when he bites

That being said, TJ has a tendency to get reckless as well and if he brawls with Cody, Cody can definitely KO him.

But as long as TJ plays it careful, he's got this in the bag.

I feel like anyone who says they favor either fighter strongly in this fight is a liar.

I expected him to win the first fight. I still think he should win. Just has to take the emotion of the rivalry out of it.

Back