Does Gallagher deserve a title shot if he beats Banderas?

Danis_champ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What do u think? James confirmed it's the number one contender fight. I really don't want to believe James is the second best Bellator bantamweight

Bantam is very shallow at the moment he is very talented and with a win why not?He could be a big draw for Bellator.

Yes and no.

Based on merit, no. he hasnt beaten anyone and though this is nice fight its still over a prospect, he hasnt beaten any top guy.

But the div is so shallow and Mayday and Dantas are hurt so there isnt anyone else. If Mayday's hand was ok and he's ready to go then he should be next but he's not so if Gallagher wins he gets it.

plus he's mini Conor, from a market Bellator wants to keep building. If Gallagher loses then I dont know, Bellator is fucked then, maybe they let Caldwell stay at FW while BW figures somethign out.

But if Gallagher wins he should get Caldwell end of the year in Dublin.

Banderas seems to be on par with where James is right now. Wouldn’t rule out him winning this

Kind of want him to just to spite such a blatant attempt to give someone a title.

Kind of want to eat crow as well though. If james can impress, I’d give him credit.

Just annoying to see Bellator clearing the path.

Banderas seems to be on par with where James is right now. Wouldn’t rule out him winning this

Kind of want him to just to spite such a blatant attempt to give someone a title.

Kind of want to eat crow as well though. If james can impress, I’d give him credit.

Not so much bellator clearing a path as it is that there's literally no one else lol.

Warren is old and on his way out,Dantas is injured so is mayday, the rest of the division is journeyman and up and comers the division needs fresh talent.

Caldwell is the champ and if Gallagher wins the fight should be in Newark NJ. Seriously all that talk is weak. But I say if he is hungry for the belt come to Jersey.

Caldwell should finish him in under three rounds, but Bellator will give him the title shot if he wins on Friday. He shouldn't get the shot, but there is little choice to who will get the shot.

Yeah, I mean, BW barely has any fighters.

Caldwell is the champ and if Gallagher wins the fight should be in Newark NJ. Seriously all that talk is weak. But I say if he is hungry for the belt come to Jersey.
tenor.gif

I’m honestly really expecting an upset Friday. Never seen Bandejas fight but he’s 10-1, championship experience and he trains with Marlon Moraes, Frankie, Edson and all that crew in NJ/NY. I’m really not high on Gallagher and I don’t think we’ve ever seen him against someone this level. All his opponents in Bellator have been pretty poor. Plus Gallagher is already talking like the title fight is booked. We’ll see how things go.

I’m honestly really expecting an upset Friday. Never seen Bandejas fight but he’s 10-1, championship experience and he trains with Marlon Moraes, Frankie, Edson and all that crew in NJ/NY. I’m really not high on Gallagher and I don’t think we’ve ever seen him against someone this level. All his opponents in Bellator have been pretty poor. Plus Gallagher is already talking like the title fight is booked. We’ll see how things go.
You beat me to it! I was going to pick Ricky for the upset. I am impressed by his win over Makashvilli. Gallagher will win the rematch though.

the fight is booked, but it's not in the books. just kidding man.

i feel you on that. I'm on the same boat in thinking that james may not get past Bandejas. I'm actually rooting for the underdog here honestly.

Not so much bellator clearing a path as it is that there's literally no one else lol.

Warren is old and on his way out,Dantas is injured so is mayday, the rest of the division is journeyman and up and comers the division needs fresh talent.
is baby joe booked? I really can't remember.

I just feel that earning a title shot against a newcomer is a bit funny. does not fly with me. i also find it interesting that higo was 'conveniently' booked against a fw. gallagher could have fought baby joe or higo, yet they give him a new comer (who i'm assuming is supposed to lose)

the fight is booked, but it's not in the books. just kidding man.

i feel you on that. I'm on the same boat in thinking that james may not get past Bandejas. I'm actually rooting for the underdog here honestly.
Same here. Was just on Bandejas’ IG and saw some vids and stuff. He’s definitely not an easy fight and he has guys like Marlon and Frankie vouching for how good he is. He’s coming in hot. Gallagher better be ready.

I think it’s mistake to rush James to a title shot...James is really young...Bellator should give him more time to develop

james is trash and will get beat once he runs into a solid mma fighter

I'd rather see James win to see him vs Caldwell, I think Caldwell crushes him.

Maybe I'm wrong I just dont see James being the goods. I see Pico and Ruth being top fighters down the road, I dont see that with Gallagher.

I think he wins this, wouldnt be surprised if he loses but I think he will win but if he goes out and beats Caldwell then thats impressive and I'll have to say I was wrong and that he will be an elite fighter.

We'll see.

Fast track him. Who's in front of him anyways?

As others have said, he doesn’t really deserve it yet. However it’s a shallow division and Bellator is trying to make some big moves in the UK right now, so it only makes sense they’ll give a title shot to a guy fighting out of SBG.

What's a better matchup at BW than Caldwell vs Jimmy? Wrestler vs grappler. Two young guys hungry for a good fight. Dominant, reserved champ vs Undefeated, loud talker. US vs Ireland. It goes on and on. It would be the biggest fight they can make at BW at the moment.

Back