Does Frankie Edgar vs Cub Swanson ll for the title shot make sense?

I think you make some fair points, no doubt... I'm just a little fried on Edgar getting title shots.

The cold hard truth is there isn't any true #1 contender in my mind, so there isn't anything 'wrong' with booking Edgar, I just don't find it imperative. The division is a little thin at the moment in the current landscape.

Cheers

I'm a huge Edgar fan and even I don't think he deserves it. I just don't think cub deserves it either. I don't want Frankie vs. cub II because then max will just be off doing fuck all.

I wanted Frankie vs. Dominic Cruz, to be honest.

Id like to see Cub get the title shot, Frankie gets winner.

Cub has been putting on a show, and it deserves to be rewarded imo
I agree ,give Cub the shot as he hasn't had a title fight in the UFC before whereas Frankie has had several shots already .
Frankie is always going to be at the top of the division so He can get the next shot IMO .

No it doesnt make sense. Cub or frankie need to fight for the belt to keep things moving.. The division needs some new blood as it is thin.

I agree ,give Cub the shot as he hasn't had a title fight in the UFC before whereas Frankie has had several shots already .
Frankie is always going to be at the top of the division so He can get the next shot IMO .
Cub hasn't earned it at all. His only top 10 win in his recent streak was to Hacran Dias who was ranked #10 at the time and he got mollywhopped by Frankie and Max back to back before that. It doesn't make any sense to give it to him. Cub just isn't a title level fighter, it is what it is.

Sure, cause I believe Cub should rematch and have to beat one of his losses ashe has loss to all the top guys.

Id like to see if he can beat Aldo, Lamas, Mendes, or even Frankie before getting his shot. If he cant redeemm one of those then forever gatekeeper

Back