Does Floyd have a better chance at beating Conor in MMA than Conor had at beating Floyd in boxing?

Yes, Conor will have to change his whole game plan up to fight Floyd. Instead of being a standup fighter like normal, Conor will be panic wrestling and trying desperately to get a take down. When Conor came to Floyd's sport Floyd adopted a style that gave Conor a better chance to win, he was just so much more skilled that it didn't make a difference.

No
Both have a equal 0%

Floyd isn't gonna dead Conor with one punch even if he did somehow catch him, hit him multiple times when they boxed and he couldn't even put Conor down let alone knock him out

Conor could beat Floyd under certain circumstances in boxing, like a six round match. Floyd tho, he could never last a round with Conor in MMA.
no, just no lol. not even almost. And Floyd has a punchers chance in mma, way better then any chance conor would have in any type of boxing match

No chance man,
Boxing is just one skill of many that make up mixed martial arts; not to mention, Conor had somewhat of a boxing pedigree prior to fighting Floyd.
Floyd is going to have to (at the very least) learn all of the following: Some form of grappling, take-down defense, clinch technique, how to navigate around the octagon, and defending kicks (which he has never had to do).
McGregor probably worked tirelessly on his boxing, and came in with a well-thought-out game plan, but didn't have to learn a million complicated things in a short period of time.

I was discussing this with the MMA kid from Barstool Sports. I think Floyd has a better chance in MMA than Conor had in boxing, he said Conor had a "muuuuuuch" better shot in boxing. IMO, Conor had a 0% chance of out-boxing Floyd, so he had to rely on his power while using bigger gloves, and fighting the best defensive boxer of all time. So I gave him no shot whatsoever at being successful with that. He did land quite a bit, but didn't land anything that was even close to putting Floyd in trouble.

Floyd's boxing will actually be a useful tool in MMA. He will get eaten alive by kicks, knees, and elbows, but with 4 oz gloves, if he catches Conor then that's almost guaranteed trouble. We know Conor will probably be way too brash not to exchange with Floyd if they fight in the octagon.

Thoughts?

I was discussing this with the MMA kid from Barstool Sports. I think Floyd has a better chance in MMA than Conor had in boxing, he said Conor had a "muuuuuuch" better shot in boxing. IMO, Conor had a 0% chance of out-boxing Floyd, so he had to rely on his power while using bigger gloves, and fighting the best defensive boxer of all time. So I gave him no shot whatsoever at being successful with that. He did land quite a bit, but didn't land anything that was even close to putting Floyd in trouble.

Floyd's boxing will actually be a useful tool in MMA. He will get eaten alive by kicks, knees, and elbows, but with 4 oz gloves, if he catches Conor then that's almost guaranteed trouble. We know Conor will probably be way too brash not to exchange with Floyd if they fight in the octagon.

Thoughts?
His wrestling is already 7 out of 10..

Conor could beat Floyd under certain circumstances in boxing, like a six round match. Floyd tho, he could never last a round with Conor in MMA.
You seriously think Conor could beat Floyd in a boxing match? I'd bet there are guys on Sherdog who could beat Mcgregor in boxing, he hardly even knows how to throw a punch with boxing gloves on. Mayweather was legit 20lbs lighter and ran through his weak punches easily.

Certainly this is an unfair comparison (but maybe an appropriate one), but remember what Randy did to James Toney? Mayweather is certainly more fit and skilled, but he's also past his prime. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, as they say. No disrespect to Randy (he's actually my favourite fighter all-time), but Conor presents a greater danger stylistically than that of the Natural.

No, It would be a complete waste of time in MMA, and I wish it would go away.

Couldn't grudge Conor the chance to make that kinda money with the boxing match, but this ain't gonna happen and is a complete waste of time discussing it, Floyd has carefully calculated his career, always making sure the scales were weighted in his favour, he just wouldn't do it, even if the UFC paid him the kinda money he'd be looking for.

Certainly this is an unfair comparison (but maybe an appropriate one), but remember what Randy did to James Toney? Mayweather is certainly more fit and skilled, but he's also past his prime. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, as they say. No disrespect to Randy (he's actually my favourite fighter all-time), but Conor presents a greater danger stylistically than that of the Natural.

I agree with you, but there's no chance Conor doesn't stand with Floyd for a good portion of the fight, if it were to happen. His ego is just too big not to.

It's hard to say.

You had Couture vs James Toney in MMA
You also have Bit Timmy vs Ray Mercer in MMA

It's hard to say.

You had Couture vs James Toney in MMA
You also have Bit Timmy vs Ray Mercer in MMA
Exactly. Couture vs. Toney was an abomination. Should never have happened... just a $$ grab. This would make a mockery of MMA, and destroy the credibility the sport has built in the last two decades.

Thoughts?
No, both have/had a 1% chance

Conor won 4 rounds.

Floyd wouldnt win 40 seconds.

No. Floyd mastered winning the scorecard in boxing. His speed and elusiveness helped him to be an excellent defensive boxer. Offensively he knew just how to do enough to score on the cards. That will not be easy at all in MMA. While easy for him to elude punches in boxing in MMA he will be lost trying to defend punches and kicks from different angles,take downs and submissions.

I can't believe he will go through with it.

Back