Does Fedor have better all-around game than Jon Jones?

Fedor like most Pride fighters of his era are brawlers relying on brute violent force

In the contemporary era of fighters Jones is one of the most brilliant fighters we've ever witnessed.

The difference between Jones and Fedor is essentially the same as the gap between Jones and Shogun as far as intelligence and skill

Fedor may be one of the most skillful Sambo practitioners in all of MMA dude....... His ability to transition between disciplines is unrivaled.

You can say the game has passed by a lot of old school fighters but to say that about Fedor is completely wrong. Fedor outstruck fucking Cro Cop is a high level Sambo guy, has high level Judo and as I stated before can transition between disciplines in a way that is incredibly fluid and skillful.

Even at this old washed up age he put a beautiful throw onto Mir and Sonnen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Better KO power and better subs.

And he's not roided to the tits.

Yeah.
RealGreatBarebirdbat-small.gif

When I see post like this above I can see why people think Fedor fans are absolute retards.

What is jones path to victory?

Use his length? You think fedor will be afraid to walk through his range? Because I don't. Jones doesn't have the power ESPECIALLY at HW to stop fedor from walking him down.

Fedor may be one of the most skillful Sambo practitioners in all of MMA dude....... His ability to transition between disciplines is unrivaled.

You can say the game has passed by a lot of old school fighters but to say that about Fedor is completely wrong. Fedor outstruck fucking Cro Cop is a high level Sambo guy, has high level Judo and as I stated before can transition between disciplines in a way that is incredibly fluid and skillful.

Even at this old washed up age he put a beautiful throw onto Mir and Sonnen.

Mir sadly has been washed up or atleast over the hill since he broke his femur almost 20 years ago and Sonnen is a retired MW
Those are not impressive feats further he was beat up by Werdum Bigfoot and MW old man Dan

Guys like Crocop were immediately disptached by gatekeepers upon leaving Pride.

The game evolved a long time ago and Shogun Jones is the clearest example of the evolutionary and intelligence leap in mma

Who also has a W over big nog. Hendo has competed at the highest in three different weight divisions. Calling him a MW is doing him a disservice.

Dan was 206 when he knocked Fedor out and lost months earlier in a MW fight against Shields.
Dan was a MW at that point.

Fedor boxing and striking was weak. Hes a brawler, thats it. Jones would easily smash a prime Fedor, deal with it. Cormier is the better version of Fedor.

Fedor and DC have completely different styles.

Jones. And it’s not even close. The best part is everyone saying Fedor knows they are lying. It just hurts themtoo u h.

Dan was 206 when he knocked Fedor out and lost months earlier in a MW fight against Shields.
Dan was a MW at that point.
He weighed 206 right? That makes him a HW unless you want to use that one pound over in non title fights against me, then he’d be a LHW.

We're talking about prime Fedor here.

He had better boxing with KO punching power, Jones never had.
Both are great wrestlers, but who's better in this aspect?
Who has more dangerous BJJ skills?
Fedor has the speed advantage imo.
Speed != explosion
wrestler Jones > lightyears > wrestling Fedor
BJJ also, gnp also
movement also
fight iq also
Fedor is only better in punch power, nothing more.

Speed != explosion
wrestler Jones > lightyears > wrestling Fedor
BJJ also, gnp also
movement also
fight iq also
Feedor is only better in punch power, nothing more.
Who's the better overall striker?

Who's the better overall striker?
Jones. He doesn't have that one punch power, but he'll make you pay. All sorts of kicks, spinning elbows, geniality on standup game. Fedor got asian chickens to tear, Jones got the best strikers AND wrestlers.

Maybe on the first or second round Jones needs to be cautious, but the edge is all Jones for sure.

Mir sadly has been washed up or atleast over the hill since he broke his femur almost 20 years ago and Sonnen is a retired MW
Those are not impressive feats further he was beat up by Werdum Bigfoot and MW old man Dan

Guys like Crocop were immediately disptached by gatekeepers upon leaving Pride.

The game evolved a long time ago and Shogun Jones is the clearest example of the evolutionary and intelligence leap in mma

I will not argue that Fedor would beat Jones for certain. I will just say that Fedor did not get passed up.

Simply put, you're delusional as shit.

It's Ok. You don't need to announce to the world that you have no arguments. Nobody's gonna give you points for being ignorant.

Despite the fact that Fedor still competes it is like comparing athletes from two different generations. Jones is a freak athlete drugs or no drugs. Fedor is also a freak athlete. They both have a lot of strengths and few weaknesses.

Let's go back to the Jones/Vitor fight... you're telling me if Fedor has Jones in that armbar that Jones gets out? That being said if they were to fight 100 times I'd favor Jones in as many as 90. Fedor would win one here or there even despite him being a bit of a relic known for antiquated training practices.

Fedor boxing and striking was weak. Hes a brawler, thats it. Jones would easily smash a prime Fedor, deal with it. Cormier is the better version of Fedor.
This is the kind of idiocy I expect to see on Sherdog

Jon Jones is a pretty damn well rounded fighter but Id pick Prime Fedor to beat him.

Back