Does Fedor have better all-around game than Jon Jones?

Fedor like most Pride fighters of his era are brawlers relying on brute violent force

In the contemporary era of fighters Jones is one of the most brilliant fighters we've ever witnessed.

The difference between Jones and Fedor is essentially the same as the gap between Jones and Shogun as far as intelligence and skill

e6692e2d767e819e7a8f65b90ec7c48d.jpg

They are total opposites in the sense that Jones is fighting in a weight class that he is naturally too big for.

Fedor is more impressive because he fights bigger fighters and beats them, and that's literally like fighting gravity. Fedors punches lose power when punching up, while Jones strikes gain power while coming down with the accompanying momentum of gravity.

Jones is the bully

Fedor beats bullies up. Literally upwards.

Jones was 217lbs when he fought Shogun.

Fedor has lost to much older smaller fighters

e6692e2d767e819e7a8f65b90ec7c48d.jpg

Fedor was probably more dangerous. Bet Jones was likely better and harder to beat. Not to mention that intangible height and reach.

They are total opposites in the sense that Jones is fighting in a weight class that he is naturally too big for.

Fedor is more impressive because he fights bigger fighters and beats them, and that's literally like fighting gravity. Fedors punches lose power when punching up, while Jones strikes gain power while coming down with the accompanying momentum of gravity.

Jones is the bully

Fedor beats bullies up. Literally upwards.
Jones always had a easy time making lhw and has fought plenty of guys who cut more weight than him.

Last edited:
I think DC would destroy fedor. It’s too bad Fedor avoided the ufc.

No.

Jones has literally everything except KO power in his hands, he's like a living cheat code

On topic, Jones is the best talent we have ever seen, IMO, but his screw ups and steroid controversy have prevented his body of work from overshadowing GOAT Fedor.
Fedor is faster, stronger in the clinch, hits harder, better throws, better subs
Jones is more diverse, better reach, better cardio, more technical striking
Both have ridiculous GnP
I think if Jones acclimated to HW, he would probably beat prime Fedor mostly due to superior physical tools, but it could go either way. Right now of course it's Jones all day.
Spot on...except I think lots of folks assume if a fighter doesn't test dirty that they're clean...that's a fallacy.

We NEVER know who's clean...we just know who didn't pass the test. In that light and taking in consideration the rampant PED's use during early MMA it's hard to say someone current is eliminated from certain considerations because they tested dirty for a banned substance when we don't know who was clean in the early days.
I've never seen anything that would make me think that Fedor would used banned substances but even that, banned substances is ambivalent.

Jones' PED testing history has given his detractors an easy, but illogical, talking point that if he tested dirty once he was always dirty. That's simply illogical.

Jones is stylistically a horrible match-up against Fedor.

It'd be a tough fight for Jon, even against a past-his-prime Fedor, and I'm not joking when I say this. Casting punches destroy any distance advantage that Jones would have in the standup, and Fedor is a bit big for Jones to throw around without the Judo coming into play(twisting that he does when someone tries to pick him up). Because of Jon's long limbs, Fedor's armbars are much more dangerous on the ground. Jon's strengths are mostly neutralized by Fedor.

Vs a prime Fedor? Fedor all the way.

DC vs prime Fedor would be a much harder fight to call, IMO.

IMO Prime Fedor was better than prime Jones. The only aspects of Jones' game that are better than Fedor are pure wrestling, more diverse kicking techniques and striking defense (doesn't say much since Jones does get tagged quite often). Fedor is a better grappler, has better hand speed and power and better subs. Jones is nowhere near the finisher Fedor was. I say Jones has the best POTENTIAL we've ever seen in the sport. W all his fucks up though, I'm sure we'll never get to see him at his full potential. And another fact not to neglect is that prime Fedor was a bloated LHW who ruled the HW division for years while Jones has always had and enjoyed the size advantage he has at LHW.

To me there's no debate. There is Andy, Jones, GSP, MM but Fedor is just the true GOAT.
<Fedor23>

Lets get something straight:

1- Jon Jones is a proven cheater

2- Jon Jones has a massive reach advantage over everyone he faces

3- Jon Jones is considerably younger and fresher than most of his opponents

4- Jon Jones has no history of facing guys with significant physical advantages over him, that could truly test his skills

5- Jones Jones has shown absolutely no interest in putting himself in a situation where all the main physical advantages aren't on his side.

Fedor is more skilled than Jon Jones. By far. There's actually proper ART in what Fedor does. What Fedor does results from timing, technique and many years of training. You could learn a lot more about Martial Arts from Fedor than from Jon Jones. Fedor can actually teach you how to throw someone, even if you are not a physical specimen. Jon Jones couldn't teach how to do what he does unless you're fighting someone who looks like a midget next to you.
Simply put, you're delusional as shit.

I wish DC would train with Fedor for a while and learn how to throw the casting punch, with the shoulder tuck and all. It basically nullifies any reach advantage your opponent has; it's a counter-striker's worst nightmare. Not just that, but DC could arguably make better use of it as a wrestler, since it opens the opponent up to grappling(when done properly)

lol here we go again.

Stop with this Jones is a steroid cheat, Fedor would destroy him nonsense. The entire roster was juicing to the gills. If you want to pretend your man crushes weren't than fine, but the damn org was handing out steroids. Knock off that bullshit.

Secondly, Fedor was a well rounded HW in an era where most people had one skill. HW is also the worst division in MMA and always has been. Jones is a superior fighter, period. He's never lost. He would not have lost to Werdum, Bigfoot or Hendo, he wouldn't have gotten starched by Mitrione or laid out by Maldonado, prime or otherwise. People are bringing up fights that Jon won while downplaying the fights Fedor was crushed in. Like the closest you have is saying "his opponent really won" "Jones is a cheater" "wah wah wah". He completely, utterly, without hesitation dismantled Shogun, another PRIDE king, in less than twenty minutes to the point where Shogun was never the same. He would have beaten Fedor and if you don't think so you've got to get his testicles out of your eyes.

Back