Does/did your parents watch you play your videogames? Play games themselves?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Final Fantasy 15 was the first Final Fantasy game that my mom didn't watch me play. She was already dying from cancer and it breaks my heart. When she was going through the process, I thought to myself that if she somehow made it, FF15 would be the best FF game of all time. If she didn't, it would be the worst.

The earliest games she had watched me play were Mario

She had watched me play since FF7. She bought me all my games back then and she would get interested in the story, even though she would never play herself. Though there was a brief stint where she played the Mario Galaxy games and really enjoyed them. Too bad she won't be able to play the new Wii U Mario.

She watched me play Resident Evil, etc... games that heavily relied on cinematics/dialogue to portray a storyline.

When I'm playing games now, I like to pretend that she's behind me watching and telling me to do this or that.

No , my parents played Ping Pong, and might have watched me play Atari Pong ....we used to use pay phones..

My father is a massive Gears of War fan and have played all the five games countless times.

My mom used to say watching me play games made her motion sick.

My dad occasionally played Mario Kart 64 with me, and it was one of the few games he took an interest in.

That's why it'll always be one of the GOAT games for me.

I plan on playing a shit ton of videogames with my kids, both old and new.

Yeah, my Mom used to play Mario on the NES alot and a few games on the Amstrad CPC464, plus i think a little on the game boy.

I remember my Dad buying a PS1 when they first came out, he doesn't play games much nowadays apart from with my youngest brother at times.

Also my Stepmom has a ps3 and an xbox 360 and she plays on regularly.

My mom would have her turn to play the famicom around 1-5 pm. She would play tetris & battle city. Mostly battle city.

videogames are a foreign concept to my parents but my dad did surprise me when he said he watched a little LoL on a esports channel, said he didnt understand anything about what was going on but he was impressed at the production quality, the setup with casters, commentators and the audience

when i was a little kid, my parents would occasionally watch me play but mostly they would have me tell them about the game because they wanted to know about what im interested in

once 3d games happened, they couldnt watch at all or they would get motion sick from the camera moving

My dad is amazed at the progress made in graphics and memory but never played. He couldn't get a handle on anything since 8-bit and 3D perspective makes him nauseous.

I remember him pitting my sister and I against each other in a game called "Math Fun" for Intellivision.

My parents never play video games, but we've entered an era where people in their 20s and 30 will be playing alongside their kids a lot more.

My parents never play video games, but we've entered an era where people in their 20s and 30 will be playing alongside their kids a lot more.

That era already started about 20 years ago, at least in my experience. When I was a kid there were no video games, this was a time in Earth's history when people still went outside and drank from water hoses during the summer time. My parents lived a large portion of their life when nobody had a computer or a cell phone. During my lifetime, I was already a teen by the time people started flocking to arcades in the 1980's and then later buying personal computers in mass so my parents never really played or watched me.

Flash forward, my oldest is 19, my youngest is 10 and they have grown up in a world where I've played games with them since they were really young.

My dad is amazed at the progress made in graphics and memory but never played. He couldn't get a handle on anything since 8-bit and 3D perspective makes him nauseous.

I remember him pitting my sister and I against each other in a game called "Math Fun" for Intellivision.

LOL at 8-Bit making him nauseous. I don't know why that's hilarious to me but it is. A VR headset would make him puke.

LOL at 8-Bit making him nauseous. I don't know why that's hilarious to me but it is. A VR headset would make him puke.

Not 8-bit, per se, but any 1st person perspective. The guy would ride any roller coaster in the amusement park but that Star Wars ride with the screen in front of you as the cabin dips and shakes? He needed a half hour to get right after that.

Used to play Age of Empires with my Dad over LAN when I was a kid

Dude would just bunker into a corner of the map with like a million towers until I quit. I had more important shit to do

My mom has played a bunch of stuff like Silent Hill, Spyro, Jack and Daxter, GTA IV. She hasn't played a console game in a couple years now though on her PS3 cause of illness and it makes her dizzy now.

She mostly plays laptop games now. Like candy crush type shit.

She doesn't watch me play games cause I am an adult and live on my own .

Dude would just bunker into a corner of the map with like a million towers until I quit. I had more important shit to do

Your dad is a fucking camper. You should have told him to man up and stop turtling. Or would he ground you??

raw

When I was in the 2nd grade I got an Atari 2600 and my Dad would play Pole Position with me. Then in 1988 in the 3rd grade he would like to play duck hunt. Then one day He, my uncle and I rented top gun and I was the only one that could land on the aircraft carrier and he never played video games with me again :D.

However when I was young my Dad, my Uncles and a couple of my cousins used to really get into table top hockey. They would even have a tournament once a year and get an engraved plaque for the winner each year that would be hung up behind my Dad's bar.

My Uncle is a trained Artist (Models, paintings, music etc...) and he even went as far as to paint the table top guys as the Re Wings and the Black Hawks, made custom nets and painted sponsors on the boards. By table top hockey I'm talking about one of these.

3b4c37f79f449ddfec1b380ecb55ce92.jpg

my dad once tried to play a NHL game on my ps2 back in the day and proceded to delete all my saved data from the memory card

Back