Does DC move up now?

LHWBelt

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
There's nobody for him to defend against at all. Does he go give stipe a go? Would yall be in favor of this or waiting for ngannou/reem winner? I think dc can give stipe a hell of a fight.

There's nobody for him to defend against at all. Does he go give stipe a go? Would yall be in favor of this or waiting for ngannou/reem winner? I think dc can give stipe a hell of a fight.
Ive always felt he should stay at HW. He seemed unstoppable there plus he could viably be both weight class champion

Ive always felt he should stay at HW. He seemed unstoppable there plus he could viably be both weight class champion

I just think hes near the end and at lhw his reign is a bit tained cuz the roid monster jones keeps beating him. Also i always think if you can be known as HW champ that's more prestigious than anything, go for it if you have a chance.

I wish he'd try it. He was doing just fine before he moved down, and it's not like Cain is ever coming back (probably).

The fight wasn´t gonna happen anytime soon, DC needs to recover. But if the fight has not been officially scrapped yet, I think Volkan will be available to make the fight next year in the 1st semester.

But if he isn´t, I believe the rematch against Gustafsson is the right fight to make. First fight was incredible.

Might as well. Im sure he feels no prestige in his current reign. Just move up and let the division pick up the peices and start anew after years of pathological cheaters and paper champs. Tournament time

I see 205 going the way of the dinosaur personally.

It would make HUGE waves.

HW is shallow like LHW.

I actually think if he uses a wrestling-based attack, he 'might' wind up champ there.

Yes, I know there is the mass majority that thinks that Stipe wrecks him, but I will PAY to watch that one. lol

Might as well. Im sure he feels no prestige in his current reign. Just move up and let the division pick up the peices and start anew after years of pathological cheaters and paper champs. Tournament time

The prestigd thing is my point too. He'd probably make more money fighting stipe too but he doesnt seem money motivated. He seems legacy motivated.

I think DC stays at LHW.

He lost alot of weight to get to a walk around weight of 230lbs and it's better for him in the long run. If Oezdemir can't go, give the title shot to Gustafsson.

I see 205 going the way of the dinosaur personally.
I respect your opinion but I fully disagree. There´s no reason at all for DC to feel ashamed or embarrassed for losing or to feel like a paper champ. He lost to a genetic freak on PEDs. He earned the belt and Jon couldn´t take it from him without cheating, so the belt goes back to the guy playing within the rules. DC is the rightful champion and everybody who thinks otherwise and doesn´t respect him as a true champ, shouldn´t be taken seriously.

Last edited:
No.dc know that he can't beat stipe and top contender.no point of trying

I respect your opinion but I fully disagree. There´s no reason at all for DC to feel ashamed or embarrassed for losing or to feel like a paper champ. He lost to a genetic freak on PEDs. He earned the belt and Jon couldn´t take it from him without cheating, so the belt goes back to the guy playing within the rules. He is the rightful champion and everybody who thinks otherwise and doesn´t respect him as a true champ, shouldn´t be taken seriously.

DC is the true champ

If I had to bet, I would Say

DC Vs OSP
220 , 221, 222 ?

He can go ahead and defend against Gus. He only chose Ozdemir because he hasn't fought him yet and thinks he will be easier than a Gus rematch. I don't get why so many people bitch about rematches. DC vs Gus was a FOTY type of fight and it was super close. Some of the best fights in UFC history were rematches. Frankie vs Maynard 3 was one of the best fights of all time. Rory vs Robbie 2 was possibly THE GREATEST and Shogun vs Hendo was another. GSP vs Hughes 2 & 3, Hughes vs Trigg 2 was an all time great. Hell even McGregor vs Diaz 2 was decent.

DC has only fought Jones, Gus & Rumble at LHW over the last 3 years. Still lots of guys to challenge DC.
In the UFC LHW rankings top 15 DC has only fought GUS and he should be next in line IMO.
1 Alexander Gustafsson

2 Volkan Oezdemir

3 Glover Teixeira

4 Jimi Manuwa

5 Ovince Saint Preux

6 Mauricio Rua

7 Misha Cirkunov

8 Corey Anderson

9 Ilir Latifi

10 Patrick Cummins

11 Rogerio Nogueira

12 Gadzhimurad Antigulov

13 Tyson Pedro

14 Jan Blachowicz

15 Jared Cannonier

Cormier BARELY beat Gus. That rematch should happen and if DC wins, then there's heavyweight options for him. He needs to fight Gus first.

Won't ever be the best LHW and likely too small now for a title at HW.

He should move up, no more weight cut, the belt around his waist will always have some remarks of Jones beating him anyway.

Back