Does Dan Henderson's two Pride Belts hold more value than UFC's Dual Champs?

Absolutely not...he couldn't beat one ufc champion...so that tells you right there, that his competition in pride was much less than in the ufc...why else did he lose his 2 opportunities? It's great he was a big fish in a little pond...but in the ocean, he was just another fish.

Haha. Both of the guys he lost too in the unification bouts were in Pride at the time he won the belts

IMO he lost the 2nd fight to Busta, then he went on to lose a non-title fight to Misaki. He was a paper 183lb champ.

Plus, everyone and their mother knew Shogun was the #1 LHW at the time.

With that said, still more value than any UFC dual champ.

But not for the belt.

When he won the belt, the #1 lineal MW was NOT Bustamante at that time either

This is in context of the legitimacy of his belts.

Since he did not beat the number one ranked lineal middleweight for the belt then his middleweight belt is illegitimate.

This isn't about his resume

You're the only one trying to push a narrative. It's unreal to me how people will still argue even when blatantly wrong

But Aldo was just given the UFC belt and never actually beat anyone to become champion so how can he be the Lineal champion?

There is no legit champion at 145 because Aldo was gifted a title he never fought anyone for rendering it meaningless.

( In the opinion of morons anyway, not sure if you've ever been involved in this ridiculous debate before.)

He didn't beat a champion to become Welterweight (UFC MW) Champion in Pride. Then I'm pretty sure he got the shot at Wandy, coming off a 1-1 fights with Misaki. Never defended either. Then lost both unification bouts.

I hate talking bad about Hendo, but those are the facts.

at least hendo was willing to defend but conor wasnt

Not really, especially when you consider he lost both unification matches immediately after entering the UFC.

No, their competition matters. Penn beating Hughes is better than Hendo beating Busta or Randy beating Sylvia. Or that Hendo's win over Wand > Conor's win over Alvarez. It's not about where, but who.

Hendo didn't defend his 183lb belt or his 205lb belt so he's actually no different than Conor.

Did he even have a chance since Pride got shut down?
He did try and unify /defend vs the UFC champs, so yes he IS different from Conor.

Conclusion> he was a title holder, not a legit champ.
I would argue that if you beat a great champ like RDA you are the legit champ, no matter how you got to the title.

I would also argue Eddie was a legit contender.
YES his fights with Pettis, Giblert and Chandler were poor and maybe Eddie didn't earn those wins.
But the mere fact that he fought close fights with the #1, #4 and #9 ranked lightweights in the world (Sherdog rankings at the time) within a span of less than 3 years, made him the contender who had the most experience with high level fights.

Eddie had fought everyone in the top 5 except RDA. And he had championship experience. To me it was only natural that he got the title shot.

Even if Khabib's performances were superior, his opponents were not as highly ranked. Sure, he would've earned a title shot before Eddie if it wasn't for the injuries. But now that wasn't an option.

Even Sherdog's rankings had Eddie as the top contender after his win over Pettis.

I would argue that if you beat a great champ like RDA you are the legit champ, no matter how you got to the title.

I would also argue Eddie was a legit contender.
YES his fights with Pettis, Giblert and Chandler were poor and maybe Eddie didn't earn those wins.
But the mere fact that he fought close fights with the #1, #4 and #9 ranked lightweights in the world (Sherdog rankings at the time) within a span of less than 3 years, made him the contender who had the most experience with high level fights.

Eddie had fought everyone in the top 5 except RDA. And he had championship experience. To me it was only natural that he got the title shot.

Even if Khabib's performances were superior, his opponents were not as highly ranked. Sure, he would've earned a title shot before Eddie if it wasn't for the injuries. But now that wasn't an option.

Even Sherdog's rankings had Eddie as the top contender after his win over Pettis.
[Media] Rankings dont really consider contexts... Whether ur win is legit or not, u climb in them rankings.

Winning those fights is one thing, but that hardly makes u the [people´s] champ.

Being the champ is not only about beating the current champ, it´s also about the path to the TS.

Very strong case that he was not #1 in either division backed up even more by the fact that he would lose soon after to Anderson and Rampage.

In those days you could lose fights and keep belts so no.

In Conor's case definitely. In GSP's case I would say it puts them on an equal footing in terms of "greatness".

StoneColdLaugh.gif

no

Call me crazy but I still think he lost to Franklin too ..he really never did much in the ufc except the bisping KO and shogun fights too I guess

Lol pride belts are the equivalence of Japan fake wrasslin belts...they are utterly worthless and this is seriously a comical thread if you are not trollin!!

Haha. Both of the guys he lost too in the unification bouts were in Pride at the time he won the belts

Silva wasn't nearly at his peak at that time...his submission defense was sucky. and rampage used to take fights on very short notice. once they got to the ufc, their true talent came out...

But Aldo was just given the UFC belt and never actually beat anyone to become champion so how can he be the Lineal champion?

There is no legit champion at 145 because Aldo was gifted a title he never fought anyone for rendering it meaningless.

( In the opinion of morons anyway, not sure if you've ever been involved in this ridiculous debate before.)

I've never seen that argument. People really say that shit?

Back