Does Conor even have the gas tank to go the distance with Mayweather ?

why are you ruling out the best boxer of our generation knocking out an amateur?

Nah he definitely wants to win. Way too much of an ego and self-believe to just willingly let himself get embarrassed.
I'm sure he'd enjoy winning but don't expect to see Conor upset even if he gets KO'd stiff. A man who refuses to defend his titles gives no fucks about legacy.

No.

Learning how to properly pace yourself to go the full 12 is something that usually takes a fighter years to do. There are very solid pros (which Conor is not) who are nevertheless inexperienced and incapable of pulling it off. And this is not even to mention who he will be in the ring with. Floyd is a fighter known for exhausting his opponents, and there is nothing in Boxing more exhausting than missing punches. There will also be the mental exhaustion of being in a helpless no win situation where he is repeatedly getting nailed.

Finally for all the people talking about Floyd's failure to knock out other world class boxers in recent years, you have to keep something in mind. Floyd's usual opponents have the most elite defensive skills on the planet which means: He rarely gets a completely clean shot. He hits fighters as cleanly as he can. Conor is essentially a low level amateur. Floyd will be able to hit him whenever, wherever and however he wants to. Clean shots; sort of like he hit Victor Ortiz with.

LAL at the fatties on sherdog that pretend like they know what cardio-respiratory fitness is...

His training with the doc will have him easily prepared for the fight. He trains HIIT now which is more suited to his style.

Eat jabs all night getting tired or go headhunting aggressively for the first few and then get pieced up for the rest of the rounds. That's how I think it would probably go. Headhunting at a crazy pace for a few rounds would be McGregor's best strategy IMO. I'd love to see him pull off the win but I very much doubt he'd do it. He's not a professional boxer and Mayweather is one of the greatest professional boxers of all time.

Nah he definitely wants to win. Way too much of an ego and self-believe to just willingly let himself get embarrassed.
If he could win but not get paid or get paid but not win he'd choose the latter. Sure he wants to win, who wouldn't, but no mistaking it, getting paid is his primary motivation.

Hard to tell. 2 minute rounds might make all the difference.

Mayweather KOed Victor Ortiz. Conor will absolutely get KOed or TKOed. He does not have the gas tank to go more than five rounds eating shots to the face and body. He was gassed halfway through the second round of a fight he was dominating against Nate Diaz. That was without taking any damage. The only way the fight goes the distance is if Mayweather takes it easy on him, which he seems to do sometimes just to make the fight appear more competitive to the fans.
Ya pretty much this. Floyd will control the fight from start to finish, though you'd think he will look to stop Conor in spectacular fashion. Floyd is a businessman and a big win over Conor is going to be good for his promotion, brand, and the sport of boxing

LOL what? Have you ever boxed? .

You better prepare for more of this. Now that Conor wants to box, people that have never seen an entire boxing match before ( outside KO highlight reels ) are suddenly experts. They also base their Mayweather knowledge entirely on his wiki page

Connors gonna knock this kid out so doesnt matter

I see a disfigured Conor trying to chase down Mayweather for round after round after round while eating jabs all night. Easy loss by decision... No way in hell is Floyd knocking him out either but thats obviously not his plan.
how does floyd not try and KO, is he that much of a pussy? If conor actually survives all rounds it makes boxing look like shit. Nate diaz outboxed conor the first fight. Conor gave up, if Floyd cant KO him it honestly makes him look really bad.

Floyd doesn't exactly have a high work rate so it's really up to Conor how he wants to pace the fight. If he swings for the fences early it's going to extremely tough. Floyd can win rounds just by landing a decent counter or two if Conor just keeps hitting air the whole time.

Nothing will be up to Conor, Floyd has shown that he's willing to come forward and hold his ground. Did it to Zab, Mosley, and Canelo at times. So he could easily decide to bust that out on a garbage boxer like Conor. That would be very bad for Conor if Floyd decides to come forward and walk him down.

Oh and hell no Conor cant go 12, He's gonna be sucking wind and his hands are going to be heavy as hell with those gloves after a few rounds. Especially after Floyd hits him in the pit of the belly like this over and over:

One of his favorite things to do.

You better prepare for more of this. Now that Conor wants to box, people that have never seen an entire boxing match before ( outside KO highlight reels ) are suddenly experts. They also base their Mayweather knowledge entirely on his wiki page
theres so much BS about it too, conor is gonna give him different angles LOL.

Nothing will be up to Conor, Floyd has shown that he's willing to come forward and hold his ground. Did it to Zab, Mosley, and Canelo at times. So he could easily decide to bust that out on a garbage boxer like Conor. That would be very bad for Conor if Floyd decides to come forward and walk him down.

Oh and hell no Conor cant go 12, He's gonna be sucking wind and his hands are going to be heavy as hell with those gloves after a few rounds. Especially after Floyd hits him in the pit of the belly like this over and over:

One of his favorite things to do.

That's not 40 year old Floyd. And Floyd didn't walk down Canelo, the only guy who hits similar to Conor that Floyd ha fought in many years.

And he sure isn't going to give Conor that big of an opportunity when he can easily counter him for 12 rounds.

I see a disfigured Conor trying to chase down Mayweather for round after round after round while eating jabs all night. Easy loss by decision... No way in hell is Floyd knocking him out either but thats obviously not his plan.
dont kid yourself, pal- Floyd takes him out within 6 rounds. Floyd has more than enough KO power to take him out whenever he wants, and wont respect Conor's skills enough to fight conservatively.

I feel like People really underestimate McGregors gas tank because of the nate fights but he fought like a retard in the first fight and gassed hard because of his pace but also he gained a good amount of weight from his 145 frame and his cardio just hadn't caught up yet . In the second people seem to actvlime he gassed but he just had a shitty 3rd round and both the 4th and 5th were competitive with nate who is supposed to be a cardio machine . And as far as running I feel like People need to realize that he only "ran for" 30 seconds of a 25 minute fight . Conor seems to have been working non stop on his cardio he knows it's not where it should be

You better prepare for more of this. Now that Conor wants to box, people that have never seen an entire boxing match before ( outside KO highlight reels ) are suddenly experts.

This.

That's not 40 year old Floyd. And Floyd didn't walk down Canelo, the only guy who hits similar to Conor that Floyd ha fought in many years.

And he sure isn't going to give Conor that big of an opportunity when he can easily counter him for 12 rounds.

I said at times. Start of the fight 13:52

Who takes the center the ring first? Who is coming forward? Floyd. He would go on to do that at certain moments through out the fight.

I'm not a boxing expert by any means but I think that will be Conor's biggest problem. I can see Floyd being really defensive in the early rounds and then opening up and embarrassing Conor later on when Conor is gassed
Good call! After the fight, Floyd said this was exactly their game plan.

Ironically, Floyd provided the blueprint for beating Conor in MMA. Oddly, none of the UFC fighters are smart enough to follow this ridiculously obvious and insanely simple game plan. UFC fighter IQ is in the single digits.

Yea, I mean Floyd could have fought differenly, but the approach used has like 100% success rate and it makes Connor look like he's got a chance. Everybody wins.

Floyd is also 40, hadn't fought in two years, and is going up against a younger, longer fighter. I was suprised how much bigger Connor looked in ring. Mayweather took the surest path to victory.

Mayweather wasn't going to come in and attempt to starch Connor. He doesn't want to risk something foolish happening. He's been boxing too long and knows where his strengths and weaknesses are at his age.

Back