Does China have the same disdain for North American Products

Loiosh

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
that we do for theirs?

Also, are there high quality Chinese products? Are there products the Chinese take pride in?

Immediately following WWII. Japan flooded the world with low quality merchandise that was super cheap, in order to restore their ruined economy. Eventually they increased the quality of their merchandise.

Does anyone think the same could happen with China, or is already happening?

All I ever hear about is dangerous Chinese quality standards and the wealth of ripoffs made in China. I've often wondered how much of that is nationalism or propaganda, and wondered if the Chinese hate our stuff too.

They love UK “luxury” stuff, even though they’ve just been instructed to stop buying any of it.

Yep.....made money sending quality US goods to china in the mid-1990s.

Strangely, we could send them JetSki and Waverunners from the US cheaper than they could get them from japan.

Asked my Uncle Xang and he thinks American stuff is rubbish. He wanted me to ask what the fuck is up with this shit:

neca_robocop_pack_01.jpg

My experience is Chinese thought poorly of American made goods, often times. That wasn't always the case.

German goods were considered the best. I was told this often times. Japanese good were considered good also, but would add how they disliked the Japanese.

All the Chinese people I know make fun of Chinese quality. They don't have culturally-reinforced or personal high standards for things like work and manufacturing like the Japanese do.

Seems like the only thing they take pride in is their home (NOT usually their restaurant) cooking.

Lol this is a silly thread. I highly doubt that China is flooded with American made mass produced junk that costs about 30 pesos.

I am in Australia and the only American made stuff I can think of is cars (which are viewed as cheap junk). Better than chinese cars but terrible value, got nothing on hynudai and just behind Kia.

Americans can only really export high end low volume stuff. Like medical imaging machines, I buy them rarely.

Chinese people generally have a low opinion of Chinese-produced goods, to the point of purchasing goods made by foreign companies whenever financially feasible. Chinese company-produced cars, for example, are held in extreme disdain. Phones used to be the same, but now companies like Huawei and Xiaomi have grown more popular.

I am in Australia and the only American made stuff I can think of is cars (which are viewed as cheap junk). Better than chinese cars but terrible value, got nothing on hynudai and just behind Kia.

Americans can only really export high end low volume stuff. Like medical imaging machines, I buy them rarely.
do you have Ford there? They seem to have really turned around and are high quality/high value in the US. Chrysler remains junk though and I can’t think of just about any General Motors car worth driving.

American full sized trucks are a different story though.

do you have Ford there? They seem to have really turned around and are high quality/high value in the US. Chrysler remains junk though and I can’t think of just about any General Motors car worth driving.

Yeah, but it's the euro ones rebadged as ford that sell well.

Idk about american products, but charlies been buying ozzie milk to sell back to japan.

Chrysler does amazing with Jeep. They also have reinvented American muscle with the Challenger and Charger. Chevy, Ford, and GMC blow everyone away with trucks...from pick ups to large size SUVs. I actually reinsure the warranty companies. I have all the specs. Not bullshit consumer reports. Actual data from vin specific cars in service. In the last decade Toyota , Honda and Nissan have fallen in quality while American makes have gone way up. German reliability is laughable...Audi’s being the worst. My company gives us mid size company cars based on the least amount of money and time spent in repair shops....the 4 choices: Ford Fusion, Chevy Impala, Hyundai Sonata, Chrysler 200. We also analyze expenses for used cars...the worst r.o’s are always nissans. For hi lines it’s Land Rover.

I know that in a lot of more rural areas, people go out of their way to avoid using Japanese goods because of ww2 atrocities.

American food is typically viewed as high quality, if you look at the Carrerfour imported food section the majority of it is US produced. There's alot of American brands for other things but I don't see them being specifically promoted as "US made" except for fruit. Japanese stuff is viewed as very high quality, and "Made in China" here is often viewed in a similar way to "Made in China" overseas.

How do Australians view Australian auto makers?

Can't tell if that was a genuine question or a sarcastic burn. There is no such thing as an Australian automaker as of the 2017.

Can't tell if that was a genuine question or a sarcastic burn. There is no such thing as an Australian automaker as of the 2017.

From wiki

As of 2015 Australian-designed cars are made by General Motors subsidiary Holden, and Ford Australia, while Toyota Australia manufactures local variants of its international models, particularly the Camry. However, the Ford Australia engine and vehicle plants closed in October 2016 and the Holden and Toyota Australia factories closed in late 2017.[3][4][5] Both Holden and Ford Australia's design and development facilities remain in operation and are expanding, leaving Australia as one of only a few countries with the capabilities to design and develop mass market cars from scratch.[6][7][8
]
[9]

Back