Does Cain Velasquez makes the all time top 10 heavyweight list?

I mean I guess. Lower top 10 probably, guy just doesnt have the wins.
Stipe over JDS

Jds cleared the division before getting a title shot. THEN he kod velasquez. THEN he kod Mir. THEN he kod hunt. THEN he beat Stipe. THEN he beat Rothwell.

Jds's resume was good 7 years ago, if he had any sort of consistency wed be talking about him as GOAT.

In short: nah

Some people are just prone to injury man

There's injury prone and then there's career management and career suicide.

Nate Diaz crawled off of a pool float on a weeks notice and achieved one of the biggest victories in combat sports history cause the dude can just fucking fight. With or without a training camp.

It can be done. Cain just can't do it I guess. Like I say it's a waste. I was looking forward to stipe v Cain

I mean I guess. Lower top 10 probably, guy just doesnt have the wins.

Jds cleared the division before getting a title shot. THEN he kod velasquez. THEN he kod Mir. THEN he kod hunt. THEN he beat Stipe. THEN he beat Rothwell.

Jds's resume was good 7 years ago, if he had any sort of consistency wed be talking about him as GOAT.

In short: nah

I already agreed with someone else that replied.

Read the whole thread first...

Bill+Ripken+Fuck+Face.jpg

I can't believe there are people ranking Cro Cop over the likes of Werdum and JDS...

When you compare the list of HW's each of them beat, Werdum and JDS is much much better and when you consider the losses, the gap is even bigger.

Most overrated HW of all time, I'm telling you

JDS has 12 quality wins: Werdum, Struve, Cro Cop, Yvel, Gonzaga, Nelson, Carwin, Velasquez, Mir, Hunt, Miocic, Rothwell

Cro Cop has 20 quality wins: Barnett 3x, Fujita 2x, Wanderlei, Vovchanchyn, Coleman, Randleman, Alex Emelianenko, Sakuraba, Gonzaga, Magomedov, Herring, Waterman, Yoshida, King Mo, Ishii 2x, Aliakbari.

But of course you have to know MMA history and correct context of time, for example Ibragim Magomedov was ranked # 11 at the time of the fight, and lots of noobs have only heared of newer fighters and do not know much.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050305231338/http://www.mmaranks.com:80/hw

You can tell who the Pride fanboys are by how high they rank Cro Cop, despite him losing quite a large portion of his big fights, while making a career out of beating the lower ranked guys.

HW GOAT gate keeper sure.

And how did you came to conclusion that Cro Cop made a career of beating lower ranked guys?
Do you know original & genuine historic rankings from those times?

Cro Cop has more ranked wins than Cain or JDS.

Cro Cop simply had a bad sports luck that ring MMA and PRIDE rules dissapeared over night, and that he had to go to cage and american rules that are bad for his style combined with series of surgeries that started in 2008.

He also has lot more fights than those fighters, and they would also accumulate their share of losses if they had larger number of fights.

And also don't forget that Mirko gave to 2 HW GOATS Fedor & Nogueira more beating than they gave to him.

Last edited:
Cain's hard to say really as I think it was maybe a mix of a bad style matchup and injuries, Fedor was a big win but not as big as it would have been a few years before, Nog was clearly way past it.

He is one guy you have to respect his record but honestly I think recent werdum isn't top 5 back in the 00's and indeed probably gets KOed by Sergeu rather than losing a decision to him.

That's the thing
On paper look great list but i honestly believe younger prime Fedor murder any version of him, similar a Cain that fight like we have seen him fight.
Nog defeated him when was still competitive, lost the rematch in his zombie-Nog years.
I think he will have still defeated Hunt, but sure af he will not have oustriked 2004/2005 Hunt.
Bad things will have happened to him if he fought Mirko in Pride too

If you ask a Pride moron, definitely not. If you ask anybody with a brain, he would be #1 if he was healthy.

I can't believe there are people ranking Cro Cop over the likes of Werdum and JDS...

When you compare the list of HW's each of them beat, Werdum and JDS is much much better and when you consider the losses, the gap is even bigger.

Most overrated HW of all time, I'm telling you

Barnett x 2, Herring, Wanderlei, Aleks, Coleman, Igor, Randleman, Fujita x 2 etc seems pretty good to me.

I would say the reverse actually, someone like JDS was hyped when he was deep into his career with the big wins but before his form had started to decline and compared directly to a past it Crocop, well Jnr's form is now becoming patchy as well and could potentially get worse if he fights on.

The hype for years was that JDS and Cain were the new Nog and Fedor who would rule from on high beating everyone else, the reality turned out to be very different. The same kind of hype kicked off around Werdum as well when he won the belt only to fall at the first hurdle.

Honestly I think mid 00's Crocop would utterly destroy todays Werdum, probably KO him in under a round.

Last edited:
His peak I would put at 2nd, overall career I'd have him in the 6-9th range

You forgot a few Fedor, Nog, CroCop, Werdun.

But I guess join date matters

Lol that weirdo's obsessive irrational hate for all things Fedor/Pride got his previous account banned

In my opinion, in no order:

• Werdum
  • Overeem
  • Lesnar
  • Fedor
  • Big Nog
Cba doing 10

Complete joke that anyone would have cain or JDS over Stipe all time

Lols at the shertards ranking big nog over cain.
Cain tore him to shreds, as he did with brock. he destroys everyone when not injured at sea level.
the hate for cain is connie like.

You shouldn’t mock others when your own bias is laughable.

Nogueira was easily on the downslope of his career by the time he reached the ufc. Ranking him over Velasquez is not outlandish at all.

Most people he in the top 10. But how inactive he is, wouldn't be hard knock out the top 10 tho.

To be fair he has a strong win/loss record(both loses to very top level opponents as well) which would put him above someone like Reem(who's lost to Browne, Bigfoot, Rothwell) for me.

Overeem has beaten Werdum x2, Hunt x2, Mir, Arlovski, and he's also beaten Lesnar and JDS.

He has better wins than Cain

No question he does

Back