Does Cain Velasquez makes the all time top 10 heavyweight list?

A-level Cain would be #6 just because injuries. C-level Cain wouldn't make my top 100.

Unless he has been taking fights at the hospital its hard to put him up with the all time greats.

Based on actual accomplishments, he'd be right around 10. He's beaten JDS x2, Bigfoot x2, Lesnar, way past it Big Nog, Kongo, and Rothwell

Based on potential, he'd be top 5

Based on actual accomplishments, he'd be right around 10. He's beaten JDS x2, Bigfoot x2, Lesnar, way past it Big Nog, Kongo, and Rothwell

Based on potential, he'd be top 5

To be fair he has a strong win/loss record(both loses to very top level opponents as well) which would put him above someone like Reem(who's lost to Browne, Bigfoot, Rothwell) for me.

Junior Dos Santos?
Bigfoot Silva?

Are those really his best wins? He fights once every 2 years. His championship reign happened in a flash.
Troll thread detected.
He demolishes everyone he fights. JDS was a low percentage strike to the back of the head.
He clearly wasnt acclimatised to altitude against werdum.
He schools everyone at hw inc stipe imo.

#1 Fedor
#2 Minotauro
#3 Werdum
#4 Cain
#5 Junior
#6 Stipe
#7 Mirko
#8 Reem
#9 Barnett
#10 Arlovski

#11 Mir
#12 Couture
#13 Coleman
#14 Bas
#15 Severn
#16 Hunto
#17 Royce
#18 Frye
#19 Vovchanchyn
#20 Sylvia
#21 Rizzo
#22 Randleman
#23 Kharitonov
#24 Taktarov
#25 Ken
#26 Lesnar
#27 Bigfoot
#28 Carwin
#29 Goodridge
#30 Smith

Just put Mirko above Stipe Junior and Cain and you're good to go :)

Mirko has more pro fights at the highest level than anyone on the list. It's probably fair that he shares no.2 spot with Big Nog.

#1 Fedor
#2 Minotauro
#3 Werdum
#4 Cain
#5 Junior
#6 Stipe
#7 Mirko
#8 Reem
#9 Barnett
#10 Arlovski

#11 Mir
#12 Couture
#13 Coleman
#14 Bas
#15 Severn
#16 Hunto
#17 Royce
#18 Frye
#19 Vovchanchyn
#20 Sylvia
#21 Rizzo
#22 Randleman
#23 Kharitonov
#24 Taktarov
#25 Ken
#26 Lesnar
#27 Bigfoot
#28 Carwin
#29 Goodridge
#30 Smith

Werdum over Nog.. Werdum is defo number 2 of all time IMO

#1 Fedor
#2 Minotauro
#3 Werdum
#4 Crocop
#5 JDS
#6 Cain
#7 Stipe
#8 Reem
#9 Mir
#10 Barnett

On similar lines I think Sergei on peak form is probably a lot higher than his achievement ranking.

Yeah, records help but list of names don't say the full story

Example Werdum's record got many big names that were either past theyr prime or looked in bad condition

Lols at the shertards ranking big nog over cain.
Cain tore him to shreds, as he did with brock. he destroys everyone when not injured at sea level.
the hate for cain is connie like.

Yeah, records help but list of names don't say the full story

Example Werdum's record got many big names that were either past theyr prime or looked in bad condition

Cain's hard to say really as I think it was maybe a mix of a bad style matchup and injuries, Fedor was a big win but not as big as it would have been a few years before, Nog was clearly way past it.

He is one guy you have to respect his record but honestly I think recent werdum isn't top 5 back in the 00's and indeed probably gets KOed by Sergei rather than losing a decision to him.

Last edited:
1. Cain
2. Reem
3. Brock
4. JDS
5. Stipe

69wbeEZ.jpg

Back