Does Bellator not have USADA testing?

Oh I get it & would most likely do the same. But my point stands. They don't care. They are doing an MSG event tonight & did not do a single thing to help MMA get sanctioned in NY.
They care a lot less about "MMA" than UFC does.
Viacom had way more pull than Fertittas did & did not do a damn thing to get into NYC.
Love that there are other sane people in this world.

Sorry man, but you reply was unclear.
who invested into what company?
Thanks
The UFC bought a percentage of the company the US anti-doping Association and they still pay big money to them. Which is more than likely when that contract is up with them they will disassociate themselves for multiple reasons

UFC voluntarily decided to use USADA to clean up the sport.
Bellator/Coker don't care
Luke Thomas had a credible theory that the Fertittas were forced to bring in USADA because of the financially catastrophic chance of being held liable if a juiced fighter kills someone in the octagon.

The UFC bought a percentage of the company the US anti-doping Association and they still pay big money to them. Which is more than likely when that contract is up with them they will disassociate themselves for multiple reasons

I did not know they bought into USADA
Thank you for clarifying

* do you have any good links? interested in reading one to gain a better perspective

Maybe @dimspace has a good one?

Last edited:
Luke Thomas had a credible theory that the Fertittas were forced to bring in USADA because of the financially catastrophic chance of being held liable if a juiced fighter kills someone in the octagon.

That is not "forced" that is voluntarily thinking it was a good decision for themselves & for the sport.
I am not saying UFC was altruistic, far from it, but the were not forced by any governing agency or close to it. They looked at all angles & decided it was best.

Oh I get it & would most likely do the same. But my point stands. They don't care. They are doing an MSG event tonight & did not do a single thing to help MMA get sanctioned in NY.
They care a lot less about "MMA" than UFC does.
Viacom had way more pull than Fertittas did & did not do a damn thing to get into NYC.
Why would Viacom spend money to get MMA into NYC? Especially when the UFC was pushing for it. Smart business move.

Why would Viacom spend money to get MMA into NYC? Especially when the UFC was pushing for it. Smart business move.

Because it makes them money & Viacom had a lot more pull to do so.
Much more than Lorenzo did.

But your point is obviously valid that they don't care to invest in MMA.

Back