Does anyone think Stipe beats Prime Cro Cop?

Yep...i dont like to mention this too much because its not fair to Stipe, but thats true...And few other coaches also confirmed it...apparantly they were doing kickboxing sparring and Mirko Kod him with a LHK and Stipe even injured his neck cause of it...
If that's true, it's because Cro cop was trying to prove something. Who knocks people out with headkicks in sparring? He flew to your country to help you to train for a fighter far less talented than himself, andyoure throwing knock out head kicks?

As someone who participated in combat sports since I was young, Cro cop Cannot win a fight with Stipe by striking. He also can't stop a takedown. He has a punchers(kickers) chance and that's all

People who discuss these things are one step away from discussing the possible integers in why Batman could defeat Superman.

chael-sonnen-7-7-11.png

I'm married to someone who worked in the comic book industry. He's told me tales about those kind of epic discussions and their resemblance to Sherdog is UNCANNY.

Mirko already beat him and going into that final should've won agian if it wasn't due to an injury in his semi agianst Amada. You sound like a guy who thinks Hoost deserved to win his final WGP Mirko lost due to injury not due to Mike being better.
Yeah they fought 3 times in 1 night, pretty obvious they were both hurting. thats the whole point of the tournaments, proving your mettle. both times they fought was already when bernardo was beginning to decline from permanent injuries and depression in his career anyway.

Bernardo had a more impressive K-1 resume in his prime than cro cop did. cro cop didnt kill giants like bernardo did in his prime. beating bernardo once when he did and losing to him in that state doesnt impress me when considered contextually

Can Stipe use the same special sauce Mirko did during his Pride career?

Lol the whole MMA has evolved thing cracks me up. Imagine telling someone 10 years ago that Bisping would be champ, Hunt, Arlovski, Werdum and Reem would be in the HW top 10 and Robbie Lawler would go on a nearly 2 year title run.
lawler has evolved ,hunt has takedown defense and sub defense now, werdum can strike now, and bisping took advantage of a guy underestimating him... pretty obviuos to me that this sport has evolved in 20 yrs completly. it baffles me how anyone cant see that. 20 + yrs ago i boxed and did muay thai, there wasnt a single grappling club where i live. there is now 3-4 reputable mma gyms and very few traditional martial art dojo's. i call that changing with the times,or "EVOLUTION" lol

Stipe has no GOAT qualities. Hes just hitting his prime, when others are fading/injured. Quite like Weidman and soon to be Woodley.

Prime Cro Cop is a myth. There has never been a fighter more overhyped than he was. His UFC run was a joke

Yeah, his decades of success in Kickboxing, K-1 and Pride were just a fluke! Don't be ridiculous.

For people saying "Prime Cro Cop got beat by Randleman"

You do understand Prime Stipe got beat by Struve, right?

Randleman was a UFC HW champ. Unlike Struve.
prime stipe ? wtf ,are you thinking. prime stipe is the now

Yeah they fought 3 times in 1 night, pretty obvious they were both hurting. thats the whole point of the tournaments, proving your mettle. both times they fought was already when bernardo was beginning to decline from permanent injuries and depression in his career anyway.

Bernardo had a more impressive K-1 resume in his prime than cro cop did. cro cop didnt kill giants like bernardo did in his prime. beating bernardo once when he did and losing to him in that state doesnt impress me when considered contextually
Have you watched the fights?
Cro Cop couldn't even stand on his leg when he entered the ring.
But ok.

Cro Cop didn't kill giants?

He beat 3 K-1 Grand Prix champions: Aerts, Bonjasky, Hunt and 6 runners up / 2nd place : (Le Banner, Bernardo, Musashi, Feitosa, Sefo, Londt) and won K-1 Grand Prix against Londt and Zhuravlev who are now top 3 fighters in Glory rankings in HW and LHW.

Also many people who know kickboxing belive that Cro Cop won against Hug and 2nd Bonjsky fight but they got the decision because that were their retirement fights. He was certanly robbed against Hug in Switzerland.

Last edited:
But ok.

He beat 3 K-1 Grand Prix champions: Aerts, Bonjasky, Hunt and 6 runners up / 2nd place : (Le Banner, Bernardo, Musashi, Feitosa, Sefo, Londt) and won K-1 Grand Prix against Londt and Zhuravlev who are now top 3 fighters in Glory rankings in HW and LHW.

Also many people who know kickboxing belive that Cro Cop won against Hug and 2nd Bonjsky fight but they got the decision because that were their final fights in career. He was certanly robbed against Hug in Switzerland.
those recent K-1 gp's dont compare to the old guard. nice try.

He beat Aerts, he didnt murder him like bernardo did.

Like I said his resume in his prime is a clear notch above cro cops. One could argue that bernardo was the best kickboxer in the world from 1995-1996, given the repeated and undisputable decimations of GOATs like Hug and Aerts.

Also one person made the argument that Bernardos win over cro cop doesnt count because he was injured, but thats exactly what happened to bernardo in the 96 GP, eating defending champ aerts leg kicks for 3 rounds and losing against hug even though he besmirched hug twice before

Bernardo is probably the best K-1 fighter that no one talks about. He had very solid boxing & some serious leg kicks. It is so sad that he got HIV & committed suicide. RIP.

pretty obviuos to me that this sport has evolved in 20 yrs completly. it baffles me how anyone cant see that. 20 + yrs ago i boxed and did muay thai, there wasnt a single grappling club where i live. there is now 3-4 reputable mma gyms and very few traditional martial art dojo's. i call that changing with the times,or "EVOLUTION" lol

I'm not talking about 20 years ago. Since this is about Cro Cop I was under the assumption that we are talking about the mid 00s when he was at his peak vs now. I agree that there has been evolution but about 80% of it occurred during the 90s. The idea that Pride era Fedor, Wand, Nog, Shogun, Barnett, Cro Cop, Kharitonov, Rampage, Hendo etc were a bunch of unskilled unathletic cavemen compared to todays guys (which includes older versions of many of those guys) is just silly. Not to mention the likes of GSP, BJ, Hughes, Chuck etc in the UFC back then.

Shit, its been nearly a decade since Cain, JDS and Brock arrived in the UFC.

Gonzaga damn near killed CroCop

How the hell would he stand a chance against today's Champion?

Gonzaga damn near killed CroCop

How the hell would he stand a chance against today's Champion?

Send today's champion in ring where his advantage in reach and movement is not that big and then let's see.

But ok.

Also many people who know kickboxing belive that Cro Cop won against Hug and 2nd Bonjsky fight but they got the decision because that were their retirement fights. He was certanly robbed against Hug in Switzerland.

No one gives a shit about his kickboxing accomplishments. It doesn't matter. We're talking about MMA

Randleman UFC champ, Coleman UFC champ, Herring Pride HW title challenger, Igor open weight GP finalist and former #1 ranked HW, Wand MW champion, Gonzaga former UFC HW title challenger plus guys who were once Top 10 - 15 ranked like Alex E, King Mo, Fujita etc which is pretty much equal to Stipe beating Nelson, Del Rosario, Maldando etc

Their resumes are fairly equal in terms of top 10 ranked wins

Gonzaga got a title shot off the Cro Cop win and proved he wasn't even top 10 material when Randy beat his ass. Almost all of the guys he beat in Pride were either LHW's or top 20 HW's. Cro Cop legit has only beaten 2 top 10 HW 's while in Pride. Herring and Barnett.

Personally I'd favour Cro Cop, but it'd basically be a toss up. If Stipe can be nearly stopped by Overeem, no reason Cro Cop couldn't do the same. And if Cro Cop could be one punched by Randleman, also no reason why Stipe couldn't do the same. Any HW fight with good strikers can turn pretty quick.

Back