Does anyone think Stipe beats Prime Cro Cop? | Page 7

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by mmacasualviewer, May 18, 2017.

1. Final Say Red Belt

Final Say
    If that's true, it's because Cro cop was trying to prove something. Who knocks people out with headkicks in sparring? He flew to your country to help you to train for a fighter far less talented than himself, andyoure throwing knock out head kicks?

As someone who participated in combat sports since I was young, Cro cop Cannot win a fight with Stipe by striking. He also can't stop a takedown. He has a punchers(kickers) chance and that's all

2. Katsumi Yamada blood belt

Katsumi Yamada
    Crocop by KO

Lemmy likes this.
  3. g*r*b Super-Stretch Waistband

g*r*b

I'm married to someone who worked in the comic book industry. He's told me tales about those kind of epic discussions and their resemblance to Sherdog is UNCANNY.

4. The bad boy Double Yellow Card

The bad boy
    Yeah they fought 3 times in 1 night, pretty obvious they were both hurting. thats the whole point of the tournaments, proving your mettle. both times they fought was already when bernardo was beginning to decline from permanent injuries and depression in his career anyway.

Bernardo had a more impressive K-1 resume in his prime than cro cop did. cro cop didnt kill giants like bernardo did in his prime. beating bernardo once when he did and losing to him in that state doesnt impress me when considered contextually

5. B0mbSquad Purple Belt

B0mbSquad
    Can Stipe use the same special sauce Mirko did during his Pride career?

6. streetglider White Belt

streetglider
    lawler has evolved ,hunt has takedown defense and sub defense now, werdum can strike now, and bisping took advantage of a guy underestimating him... pretty obviuos to me that this sport has evolved in 20 yrs completly. it baffles me how anyone cant see that. 20 + yrs ago i boxed and did muay thai, there wasnt a single grappling club where i live. there is now 3-4 reputable mma gyms and very few traditional martial art dojo's. i call that changing with the times,or "EVOLUTION" lol

7. Ananth Green Belt

Ananth
    Stipe has no GOAT qualities. Hes just hitting his prime, when others are fading/injured. Quite like Weidman and soon to be Woodley.

Iron Wolf likes this.
  8. Mark Brown Belt

Mark
    Yeah, his decades of success in Kickboxing, K-1 and Pride were just a fluke! Don't be ridiculous.

Iron Wolf likes this.
  9. streetglider White Belt

streetglider
    prime stipe ? wtf ,are you thinking. prime stipe is the now

10. DayV Blue Belt

DayV
    Have you watched the fights?
    Cro Cop couldn't even stand on his leg when he entered the ring.
    But ok.

Cro Cop didn't kill giants?

He beat 3 K-1 Grand Prix champions: Aerts, Bonjasky, Hunt and 6 runners up / 2nd place : (Le Banner, Bernardo, Musashi, Feitosa, Sefo, Londt) and won K-1 Grand Prix against Londt and Zhuravlev who are now top 3 fighters in Glory rankings in HW and LHW.

Also many people who know kickboxing belive that Cro Cop won against Hug and 2nd Bonjsky fight but they got the decision because that were their retirement fights. He was certanly robbed against Hug in Switzerland.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Iron Wolf likes this.
  11. Mondo Freaks My left stroke just went viral

Mondo Freaks
    Dude, Gonzaga beat a prime Cro Cop lol

12. The bad boy Double Yellow Card

The bad boy
    those recent K-1 gp's dont compare to the old guard. nice try.

He beat Aerts, he didnt murder him like bernardo did.

Like I said his resume in his prime is a clear notch above cro cops. One could argue that bernardo was the best kickboxer in the world from 1995-1996, given the repeated and undisputable decimations of GOATs like Hug and Aerts.

Also one person made the argument that Bernardos win over cro cop doesnt count because he was injured, but thats exactly what happened to bernardo in the 96 GP, eating defending champ aerts leg kicks for 3 rounds and losing against hug even though he besmirched hug twice before

13. Vil7 Red Belt

Vil7
    Bernardo is probably the best K-1 fighter that no one talks about. He had very solid boxing & some serious leg kicks. It is so sad that he got HIV & committed suicide. RIP.

The bad boy likes this.
  14. TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle Orange Belt

TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle
    I'm not talking about 20 years ago. Since this is about Cro Cop I was under the assumption that we are talking about the mid 00s when he was at his peak vs now. I agree that there has been evolution but about 80% of it occurred during the 90s. The idea that Pride era Fedor, Wand, Nog, Shogun, Barnett, Cro Cop, Kharitonov, Rampage, Hendo etc were a bunch of unskilled unathletic cavemen compared to todays guys (which includes older versions of many of those guys) is just silly. Not to mention the likes of GSP, BJ, Hughes, Chuck etc in the UFC back then.

Shit, its been nearly a decade since Cain, JDS and Brock arrived in the UFC.

15. ermac88 Black Belt

ermac88
    Gonzaga damn near killed CroCop

How the hell would he stand a chance against today's Champion?

16. DayV Blue Belt

DayV
    Send today's champion in ring where his advantage in reach and movement is not that big and then let's see.

17. welcometohavoc Black Belt in Posting

welcometohavoc
    No one gives a shit about his kickboxing accomplishments. It doesn't matter. We're talking about MMA

ermac88 likes this.
  18. GordoBarraBJJ Gold Belt

GordoBarraBJJ
    LHK at some point for Stipe.

19. welcometohavoc Black Belt in Posting

welcometohavoc
    Gonzaga got a title shot off the Cro Cop win and proved he wasn't even top 10 material when Randy beat his ass. Almost all of the guys he beat in Pride were either LHW's or top 20 HW's. Cro Cop legit has only beaten 2 top 10 HW 's while in Pride. Herring and Barnett.

ermac88 and mkt like this.
  20. marvinparsons Blue Belt

marvinparsons
    Personally I'd favour Cro Cop, but it'd basically be a toss up. If Stipe can be nearly stopped by Overeem, no reason Cro Cop couldn't do the same. And if Cro Cop could be one punched by Randleman, also no reason why Stipe couldn't do the same. Any HW fight with good strikers can turn pretty quick.