Does anyone think Stipe beats Prime Cro Cop?

Prime Crocop was fast, powerful, and supremely confident for good reason. Stipe would lose.

UFC didnt test for shit till USADA, guys were roided all over the place... Cro Cop is actually 1-0 under USADA, since his only fight under USADA was vs Gonzaga 2 ( Although it was in Poland, im not quite sure who did the testing there ).

Mirko really never got used to the cage though, and young Gonzaga indroduced him to elbows in a brutal fashion right at the start of his UFC career. Reality is, ring favours strikers and cage favours wrestlers, Mirkos stalking style was made and developed in a ring, as we have seen in his K1 career where he beat a solid list of guys, and he transfered that style to Pride perfectly. Octagonal cage and elbows on the ground, its a totally different game....

After loss to Gonzaga, he started really strong vs Kongo, who was juiced to the gills, almost UBEREEM levels of horsemeat, but then Kongo kneed him in the nuts like 6 times in the 2nd round, Mirko continued but couldnt do shit...

His contract ended with that fight, lost of motivation, injuries, inability to adapt his style to the cage, i think that was the 1st time he announced retirement, and we know how many times he went back and gave it another shot. 2nd time in UFC he started ok but then ran into a young stud Dos Santos, he fought well for a while, did sink in some shots, but Dos Santos was motivated, young, big, skilled... Mir Schaub and Nelson fights were pretty sad though, Mirko looked unmotivated, flat footed, even said it himself he was thinking about fishing in between rounds. Took a rest after that, probably took some mexican supplements, healed up banked knees and shoulders and went for another run, winning his next 8 fights and a weak but dangerous K-1 tournament, to end his career. And still might come back to fight Fedor, if Fedor accepts the challenge...

Guy is a legend, a pioneer, first truly schooled heavyweight striker in mma, insane tdd, definetly in my top 5 HWs of all time...

Also remember, back in the day they fought every 2 months, hell Randleman KOed Mirko into oblivion, Mirko had a fight 3 WEEKS aftar that KO... Nowadays they arent allowed to even spar for 5 months... Back in the day you fight 8 times a year, to keep you sharp, they just lining up everyone, cans, pro wrestlers, kickboxers, street fighters, champions, they all want to win, and we all get to discover which style works, some times even twice in one night...

Finally smart and educated post that explains everything. :)

I'm surprised no one posted this back then but rumor is when Stipe came to train with Mirko about two years ago Mirko knocked him out

with a left high kick no less

and the guy who wrote the facebook post is friends with crocop and can watch his sparring sessions in his basement

I'm surprised no one posted this back then but rumor is when Stipe came to train with Mirko about two years ago Mirko knocked him out

with a left high kick no less

and the guy who wrote the facebook post is friends with crocop and can watch his sparring sessions in his basement
Yep...i dont like to mention this too much because its not fair to Stipe, but thats true...And few other coaches also confirmed it...apparantly they were doing kickboxing sparring and Mirko Kod him with a LHK and Stipe even injured his neck cause of it...

I usually favor the new breed but I don't see Stipe winning this. He couldn't take JDS down, I don't see him having much luck with Cro Cop. And I feel like prime Cro Cop would light him up standing.

Clean prime CC was embarrassed by Gonzaga. Prime Japan CC would do a lot better but still wouldn't fair well imo.

cc_miocic3323223322332.jpg

stipe_mirko.0.JPG
:meow:

Yep...i dont like to mention this too much because its not fair to Stipe, but thats true...And few other coaches also confirmed it...apparantly they were doing kickboxing sparring and Mirko Kod him with a LHK and Stipe even injured his neck cause of it...
Were they wearing shinguards and headgear? I can't imagine them sparring with headkicks without padding.

People who discuss these things are one step away from discussing the possible integers in why Batman could defeat Superman.

chael-sonnen-7-7-11.png

If it stays standing... Cro Cop decimates, decipates him.

I think Prime, young Cro Cop would be the favorite.

Then again Stipe could also surprise and mix things up and go for some takedowns and get them for a TKO finish.

Close fight all in all could go either way it's not a done deal by any means.

Nope, Cro Cop has a full arsenal of kicks and punches and if Stipe tries the takedown good luck with that. Prime Cro Cop was extremely difficult to take down, he was beast and not as gun shy in his latter years. His chin was a tad iffy, but not like his UFC run. Cardio was on point, I'd give Stipe a puncher's chance and that's it

Both are strong,can kill with one punch
I'm a huge CC fan. I think anyone that says either guy "easily" beats the other has any credibility. I believe it would be a close fight and I honestly don't know who would win. I lean towards CC, maybe b/c I'm a big fan and I have PrideFC nostalgia, but anyone with MMA knowledge should see that it could go either way.

Mike Bernardo could and did beat anyone in the world. Peter Aerts x3, Andy Hug x2, etc. He was just better than Cro Cop in K1 and wouldve done it again and again.

hqdefault.jpg

you-shall-deal-with-it.jpg
Mirko already beat him and going into that final should've won agian if it wasn't due to an injury in his semi agianst Amada. You sound like a guy who thinks Hoost deserved to win his final WGP Mirko lost due to injury not due to Mike being better.

Back