Does anyone think Holloway-Swanson 2 will be different?

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
Because I don't really.
I don't even think Swanson deserves a title shot over Lamas. Let alone Edgar.

Ortega, on the other hand, brings something new and different.
When was the last time this division saw aggressive BJJ player? Since Wagnnnnnney Fabiano, 10 years ago?

Yeah, max finishes him faster this time

Because I don't really.

When was the last time this division saw aggressive BJJ player? Since Wagnnnnnney Fabiano, 10 years ago?
Ah man remember that Mackens Semezier fight? That was a huuuuuuge shocker!

No, Swanson would need to land one on the sweet spot to beat Max, I think Max puts him away in 2 rounds.

Cub's vlog while recovering from his last fight with Holloway:

<{CMPALM}>

Cub can defo beat him.
No he can’t man. You don’t know what you’re talking about. But I guess the only thing that really matters is that Conor would destroy both in the same night.

Because I don't really.

aggressive bjj player?You mean lose on your feet the entire fight engaged in just a slugfest with 0 wrestling (cause he has no wrestling or even tries for td's) and then pull out a miraculous sub in the 3rd type of aggressive bjj player?

Cub deserves it after if he beats Ortega simply because of the division at the moment all things considered aka Frankie out,Mendes could be back in the picture soon with his time being about up but things need to play out.If Cub wins then yeah.I don't see it going toooo much different though.If Ortega won,looked good and didn't get killed the whole fight till the very end it would be interesting to see some new talent fight for the belt.

I guess the only thing that really matters is that Conor would destroy both in the same night.

I thought these dorks were going away?Patience I guess :D

Last edited:
Max puts loads of pressure on him and buries him inside of 3! Probably takes more damage this time because of his willingness to exchange with him. Doesn't matter though, because T-city will beat him regardless

the good news is, Max seems willing to fight 2-3x a year. so in 2 or 3 years we'll be having this same conversation, only this time about "do you think Ortega can beat him if they rematch? how will Cub do in his 3rd try? how can Yair get out of the first round next time?"

Cub is a beast and he's better now than ever. He can def do better than Aldo.

Cub is a beast and he's better now than ever. He can def do better than Aldo.

No he's not.

He couldn't even finish Artem Lobov.

And he's getting older.

I love Cub, no disrespect to him, but Holloway starches him quite easily in a rematch.

No he's not.

He couldn't even finish Artem Lobov.

And he's getting older.

I love Cub, no disrespect to him, but Holloway starches him quite easily in a rematch.
Yes he is. Artem is a though guy with a hard head. He played with Lobov for 5 rounds. Clowned him.

Yeah he's getting older but Werdum became better with age. Lawler too etc...

What's up with fight fans getting caught up in finishes?

Rumble was able to finish Glover in 10 seconds. Jones went the distance with Glover. You probably think Rumble is a better fighter than Jones lmao

Yes he is. Artem is a though guy with a hard head. He played with Lobov for 5 rounds. Clowned him.

Yeah he's getting older but Werdum became better with age. Lawler too etc...

What's up with fight fans getting caught up in finishes?

Rumble was able to finish Glover in 10 seconds. Jones went the distance with Glover. You probably think Rumble is a better fighter than Jones lmao

Age is not really a factor at the higher weight classes.

Lower weight classes...it is.

Finishes are not that important unless you're fighting a non top 50 ranked fighter and you are in the top 5.

But like I said, big Cub Swanson fan here. No disrespect at all. Just don't see how he offers Max anything to challenge him.

Cub shoulda fought Aldo

The thing with Cub, hes lost to ALL the top FWs, and finished by most. how the hell he would get next even with a win is beyond me

Lets take a look
-Aldo wrecked him in seconds, this should be his first avenge, if he even can beat him.
-Mendes easily layed-n-prayed this one, Chad has way improved his striking, good fight nowadays
-Lamas took him down and choked him out, this also would be a good loss to try to avenge
-Frankie smoked him quite convincingly
-Max took him out pretty handily

Theres 5 dudes right there, he needs to beat at least one of those names to legitimize a Title Shot in my opinion

He loses to Ortega then he will never get one, he wins against Brian and I think he still needs to avenge a top 5 loss.

pretty sure cub is the only one who thinks he beats holloway.

not really, a lot of that fight was competitive.

yeah he was getting knocked around in the later rounds, but i don't know why you guys still act like artem wasn't competitive.

Back