Does anyone struggle with rejection? (My story) | Page 4

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by LTorino, Dec 6, 2017 at 12:48 PM.

1. SmilinDesperado Black Belt

SmilinDesperado
    You should be past this way of thinking by the time you're 30.
    Opposite sex friendships are different, can take a little more work, and they don't work for everyone, but they definitely can work. Some of my best friends are girls, and they're like sisters. I don't want to fuck them. I don't want to date them. And most of them are good looking.
    When you're secure, have had enough tail in life, and have other things on the mind beyond getting laid, it's not that hard to be friends with a girl.
    lol I have this hot friend that I would never in a million years bang because she is a nut case when it comes to relationships. She's a good friend, but she would be a terrible girlfriend. When you don't look at girls as "girls", and just look at them as people, it's easier to treat them as just one of your bros

LEGS MAHONEY likes this.
  2. LTorino Orange Belt

LTorino
    OK, I get what you're saying, but why could she tell me I wasn't physically attractive sober and I cannot say it drunk days later? I didn't say she wasn't physically attractive to the point I didn't want her, I believe I said she wasn't as good looking as her pictures, like pretty much everyone I have dated off Tinder, Match, and Bumble. I was basically venting about why did her rejection hurt me more than this gorgeous woman I dated who I am still friends with.

3. LTorino Orange Belt

LTorino
    Good man. Keep your head up, buddy. Stay strong

Robocok likes this.
  4. LTorino Orange Belt

LTorino
    I mean, we agreed to be friends on Friday after she said she wasn't sexually into me. The old me would have never done that. I wasn't intending on getting drunk and hurting her, but I must have if she went silent on me. I think I was asking friend advice from her about online dating. I had a particularly bad date that day and was venting about her rejection hurting because I liked her so much. But at the same time, I mentioned how the date I was with wasn't anywhere near as good looking as her pictures and they never were, aside from this woman Stephanie I dated. Reading between the lines, that's saying that she also wasn't as pretty as her pictures.

5. SmilinDesperado Black Belt

SmilinDesperado
    Because she's a girl!
    We don't process this shit in the same way. And when you told her this, it sounds like you said it to try and hurt her. From your story, it seems like she was trying to break things off. It started with the Tinder thing and then she found another reason to make you want to give up.
    There is no nice way to tell a girl that she's not attractive. There's no nice way to say it to anyone. But a girl is going to take that shit a lot harder because men, women, and society judge a woman a lot more on their looks than they do guys

DLX, qw3rty and LTorino like this.
  6. LTorino Orange Belt

LTorino
    I was really drunk, but I wasn't trying to hurt her, honestly. I was telling her how much I cared about her and how hard her rejection hit me. It was also kind of like, "Why did you not find the attraction in me when I ignored the fact you didn't look as good as your pictures?" because that's genuinely a sad thought I had/have. And I get women's idea of attraction is different, which is all the more why her saying I wasn't attractive to her hurt.

7. UFC=Pride Brown Belt

UFC=Pride
    Don't ever waste your time with a girl who won't make time to see you that's what I learned the hard way.

8. Phlog Red Belt

Phlog
    Cool story bro.

I'm 38, secure, been monogamous since 2001. I don't want to fuck or date any women other than my wife.

I was speaking in broad strokes, there are women who break the mold, who ain't looking to use you as a crutch but they're few and far between. I realised I didn't think of the couple I have because I don't even think of them as women! Ha! I think it works so well with them tho because we are thousands of miles apart.

I maintain, however, that the dynamic I addressed is the norm and that when people don't see it, that's because they are wholly subject too it. I don't believe people can trust their minds on the matter.

The only objective yardstick is a shared passion imo, outside of that, one or both parties are a bitch.

Bubzeh likes this.
  9. OvaryHugger Let's Palaver!

OvaryHugger
    I understand. Remember this moment
    Never second best ever again.

10. Overpressure Titanium Belt

Overpressure
    Best friends threesome.

11. Rdude92 Orange Belt

Rdude92
    Hmm..I don't believe you.

12. Rdude92 Orange Belt

Rdude92
    Get me a pic of him and I'll show you his gold Rolex watch

13. Cool Hand Luke The Real Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke
    he had a fucking gold rolex watch too

14. Krixes Purple Belt

Krixes
    That's OK, you just need to have self confidence in yourself man. The more you believe in your self the better your outlook will be. Try not to so pessimistic.

15. Rdude92 Orange Belt

Rdude92
    Yup. That's how he secured the pussy.

Him: (after a short convo, physically touching the pussy-owner's arm(girls usually don't wear watches) ) oh..just trying to figure out the time girl (in his mind: u fcking btch)
    Her: oh I no have watch sir (she's Asian)
    Him: oh darn! Idiot me! I forgot I'm wearing my GOLD ROLEX watch made from Babylon. I need some fresh air. Let's go.
    Her: o_O oh yes yes.

After that. It's locked and secured.

16. Cint Risen

Cint
    Name please.

17. Dusty Rhodes Brown Belt

Dusty Rhodes
    Fuck being friends with someone who hurt you

Move on dude, you sound like a good person and you'll find someone who will make you happy

18. Scerpi Brown Belt

Scerpi
    This seems like excellent and wise advise.

And a great way to keep from getting catfished.

19. DLX Athletic and Explosive Belt

DLX
    Don't waste your emotional energy on these girls. If she doesn't like you, move on. There's 3 billion others out there, one is bound to like you. Life is too short to get hung up on little shit like one girl not liking you.

20. Phr3121 Purple Belt

Phr3121

Ok, got to be careful with the original statement. People might think you are gay. ;)