Does anyone struggle with rejection? (My story)

LTorino

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So over the past few months, I have texted pretty much daily with a woman I met off Tinder. I have a newfound positive outlook on life, so I didn't pay too much mind to the fact that she didn't ever make time to hang out, because she was still messaging me everyday.

Well, weeks ago, I was honest to her about still being on the dating apps like Tinder and Bumble, because that's what you're allowed to do unless two people agree to be exclusive. She went silent on me for days for the first time and then said she wanted to be friends because people shouldn't feel the need to stay on those if they have found someone.

Well, flash forward another week and she tells me she's not sexually attracted to me. I'll admit that I took it hard; initially I didn't want to be friends and was pissed about the waste of time.....After calming down, we were going to be friends. However, I must have gotten drunk and texted her bad shit since she's ignored me since Sunday.

At the end of the day, there's many reasons I shouldn't have let her rejection bother me: she's damaged because she was stalked by an ex for years, I can do better in terms of physical attraction, she has lots of chronic medical conditions that hurt her ability to function and be in a good mood, and I was willing to stop talking to her if I found a good person in the meantime. Yet, I was hurt because I fell for her mind after texting for so long and did not expect her to tell me she didn't find me attractive.

Oh well. Anyone got any similar stories or situations where rejection hit them harder than they expected? Much love to you guys. Keep your head up and keep believing in yourself.

Hope you learned your lesson

Don't ever get into conversing with girls you met online without meeting them.

1 day of messaging is fine max, after that invite her to do stuff. I've had shit like this happen to me before live and learn. She's just being a crazy girl. She was interested.

So a girl you've never met in person "hurt your feelings"??? You kids these days are pussies.

You’re in too deep for a whore you met on tinder, brah. Usually suggestive of insecurities you need to address before you enter a relationship. Take care of number one.

Women are fickle, not honest about their feelings, often are frankly incapable of understanding themselves or their desires, and usually aren't worth the trouble of having them around.

It sounds like your kinda lonely and enjoyed talking to someone. Nothing wrong with that, just keep swiping right and get the dick wet.

I used to hate being rejected when I was single, but then my buddy basically taught me to just keep hitting on women no matter how many times you strike out. I'm telling you this method pays off huge, sure 7 out of 10 women might tell you to phuck off, but the other 3 might just drain your balls.

Terrible story. Shut up!

Don’t over analyze. Just be yourself.

What is this "I might have texted her bad shit" business? You know what you texted her. Either you did or you didn't

Never been rejected so I don’t know how it feels.

I used to hate being rejected when I was single, but then my buddy basically taught me to just keep hitting on women no matter how many times you strike out. I'm telling you this method pays off huge, sure 7 out of 10 women might tell you to phuck off, but the other 3 might just drain your balls.

When I moved to New Orleans back in 2001, I was a wee lad of 23, and my bosses neighbor was this 50 year old + dude who was cleary on some sort of roids or similiar but had the typical large upper body, stick legs lower body.

He said 'You see CHL, here's the thing. I love pussy. When I go out, I hit on all women. Doesn't matter if they're married or single. I've been in fights for it, but it doesn't matter. It also doesn't matter if you strike out most of night. The odds are in YOUR favor if you're persistent. Because there is always one who will say 'yes' and that's what it's all about.'

When I moved to New Orleans back in 2001, I was a wee lad of 23, and my bosses neighbor was this 50 year old + dude who was cleary on some sort of roids or similiar but had the typical large upper body, stick legs lower body.

He said 'You see CHL, here's the thing. I love pussy. When I go out, I hit on all women. Doesn't matter if they're married or single. I've been in fights for it, but it doesn't matter. It also doesn't matter if you strike out most of night. The odds are in YOUR favor if you're persistent. Because there is always one who will say 'yes' and that's what it's all about.'

He's a wise man. I wasted so many years, and good nights because I was worried about being rejected.

she thinks that you don’t need to continue online dating if you found someone, even though you haven’t found anyone?

Doesn’t make much sense because you two aren’t even official.

I’d let her off like your doing. She sounds like she has issues.

What is this "I might have texted her bad shit" business? You know what you texted her. Either you did or you didn't

I think I told her I didn't find her that physically attractive anyways(she was better looking in her pictures than reality), so I'm not sure why her rejection is bothering me.. I was blackout drunk, I don't really remember

You both sound like you have issues.

I'm re-using your final sentence as my own. LoL. Love it

I feel ya man. That whole friend bullshit is really misleading, especially on dating sites. She led you on because she can't reject people. If she wasn't physically attracted to you, why the hell did she match you on tinder? Sounds like she doesn't know what she wants. So she led you on until it got real.

That's been by situation with every fucking chick I tried talking to outside of knowing them beforehand. Im always told I'm attractive and it's not my looks and they just never have a straight forward reason. It moves a around and often, so i usually call bullshit. I attract people who don't know what they want and then they find out that they still don't know, but they know it's not me. Then they do that whole friend bullshit to save face. Know yourself before you step into the friend zone. I know if I'm attracted to someone and have been talking to them with non friend intentions, and I start to find things I like abouit them, I know eventually I will start liking them. So the friend zone is just one big tease in that situation for me. I usually reject them immediately now when the words just friends is brought up. I know I can't be just friends with someone I wanted to date originally. Im friends with plenty of chicks, but dont have intentions to talk to them because I know them differently and our relationship came about in a normal, non dating way.

Lol, I bet he "niceguy'd" her.

I used to get rejected all the time when i was dating, dead end conversations on dating sites, a couple dates then getting ghosted, one night stands, short passionate relationships that fizzled out after the sex all the time phase ends, all kinds of stuff.

It's part of being a single person. It's alright to take it personally, anybody who says it doesn't matter at all is just putting on a brave face, but the quickest way to get over it is to meet someone new. If you have to fuck 1000 women before you meet your soul mate, it's your task to rejoice.

Back