Does anyone read ebooks?

DiegoLunes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know a guy that wrote an ebook and made a decent chunk of change selling it on Amazon. Who buys these things.

I buy ebooks all the time. I use the kindle app on my iPad to read books. It’s really convenient.

I exclusively read books by tablet, and i read often.
So much more convenient

I exclusively read books by tablet, and i read often.
So much more convenient
Same.

Some friends say they prefer the experience of a real physical book, but I don't. Digital is physically lighter, and dust free

Same.

Some friends say they prefer the experience of a real physical book, but I don't. Digital is physically lighter, and dust free
I agree that there is something about having a physical book, and turning the pages, but, the pros outweigh the cons by far for ebooks.
I can essentially carry an entire library on my person

Woah...I am shocked by these answers. I really didn't know people actually read ebooks. I guess that guy that made money from his ebook wasn't joking.

giphy.gif

I read ebooks all of the time, almost exclusively. But I've started reading a few physical books recently just so that my kid doesn't see me starting at a screen all of the time.

I prefer physical books. E readers give me a headache after about an hour. I've tried a Kindle, android tablet, and a Nook but I still get the headache.

I tried reading a physical book recently. I didn't realize how often I read in poorly lit areas, and what a pain in the ass pages are. 80 pages in, I bought the book for my phone.

Same.

I am reading the Grant book by Ron Chernow. I would not want to carry that thing around with me. I can just break out the iPad mini and start up where I left off when I get some time.

All the time on my Nexus 7 tablet. I either use the Kindle or moonreader app.

They all come with settings so you can switch to white font on a dark background when it gets dark, it's extremely useful.

TS are you asking if we read novels on an e-reader or if we read books that are exclusively available on e-readers?

Pretty much every book is available on kindle or whatever these days, but there are novels that are never sold in print and only available on something like a kindle.

I only read on my kindle anymore and I have read books that are only available on kindle.

I haven't read a physical copy of a book in probably 8 years. Love Ebooks.

I prefer physical books. E readers give me a headache after about an hour. I've tried a Kindle, android tablet, and a Nook but I still get the headache.
Not that I get headaches, but there's just something missing when I don't physically turn a page. Reading stuff on the internet is one thing; forums and articles don't demand as much attention, but I can't immerse myself as readily when I'm scrolling down an electronic page. When I'm too lazy to actually read, I'd just as soon listen to an audio book. That said, I live in a place where if I have to drive, I have to drive long distances.

However, when I was in university and working a part time job, I did use an open source website to read course material at work for a literary class I took.

E-books are great, I like reading stuff on my kindle (although it's the basic version you can only read during the day or near some artificial light at night), the problem is that e-books are still quite pricey, you'd think they would cost sensibly less than physical books but nope. There are also subscription services on Scribd and Amazon where you pay a small monthly fee and you can rent e-books and then give them back when you are done reading them.

I tried reading a physical book recently. I didn't realize how often I read in poorly lit areas, and what a pain in the ass pages are. 80 pages in, I bought the book for my phone.

The real question in this thread is who else in the world reads a book on their phone?!?!

Wife and I have used kindles for years. And not that I support it, but getting bestsellers for free is of course a given if you're so inclined...

Back