Does anyone prefer old fighters over the young fighters?

I love when older guys are able to defy father time and still able to have success at the highest level, like DC, Yoel, Jacare, Werdum.

However it's just sad to me when older guys are way past their prime and still fighting cause they need the cash or can't let go of the former glory, like most of the guys in the Bellator HW Grand Prix, and UFC guys like Hunt, BJ, Jim Miller, Joe Lauzon, Diego Sanchez, etc.

It’s not a matter of old and young for me. I understand your point. But in pro sports I don’t really give points for still competing at a more advanced age, as such. There’s a certain respect. But it’s kind of hard to explain.

For me it’s like it just seems more of the “ older “ fighters seem to have the old school respectful martial artist attitude that I personally prize above almost all else.

But I like any respectful fighter, regardless of age.

Guys like edgar, Cormier, Romero, hunt, etc. I have more respect for them than younger fighters because not only they battle fighters in their prime but they also battle father time as they have to endure the aches and pains of being older. Does anyone else feel the same?

I thought this post was gonna be about Tito, Chuck, and Wandy lol

Back