Does anyone on here actually think the GOAT Jon Jones will ever be defeated?

Well.

Chuck lost to Randy, then came back to beat him
Jds beat Cain, then lost to him as champ

Imagine how different we would view mma history if we just assumed Jds and Randy didn't need to fight Chuck or Cain again?

Also Shogun lost to Machida barely, then knocked him out in the rematch. It's really not that rare at all.

GSP vs Serra as well. Compared to all the title fights we've had it seems pretty rare to me.

GSP vs Serra as well. Compared to all the title fights we've had it seems pretty rare to me.
Well you have to compare it to only rematches for the title where the defending guy had won the first fight.

The scenario is rare. I just pointed out 3 that have happened in the last 10 years. And I'm probably missing a bunch

Yea GSP Serra

GSP Hughes aswell

Well you have to compare it to only rematches for the title where the defending guy had won the first fight.

The scenario is rare. I just pointed out 3 that have happened in the last 8 years.

Oh yea that would be hard. Edgar vs Benson, Edgar vs Aldo, Bararro vs TJ, Dj vs Benevidez and Dodson, Penn vs Edgar, GSP vs Penn.

One thing that's noticeable though is in almost all scenarios the guy who loses and comes back to win was usually the favorite the first time around. Which wouldn't be the case for Jones vs DC.

Unsure why you made this thread, USADA already defeated him???

Oh yea that would be hard. Edgar vs Benson, Edgar vs Aldo, Bararro vs TJ, Dj vs Benevidez and Dodson, Penn vs Edgar, GSP vs Penn.

One thing that's noticeable though is in almost all scenarios the guy who loses and comes back to win was usually the favorite the first time around. Which wouldn't be the case for Jones vs DC.
The odds were pretty even if I remember correctly.

It's going to be a good fight. I think it's an even matchup and the rematch could easily go the other way

Especially given the ped bust and long layoff.

Most do, but there are guys that never lose in their prime, like Fedor, and I bet Jones will be one of those. Unless USADA continues to fuck with UFC further.

What do you think USADA could do to Jones that it hasn't done already?

The odds were pretty even if I remember correctly.

It's going to be a good fight. I think it's an even matchup and the rematch could easily go the other way

Especially given the ped bust and long layoff.

Yep with all the shit Jones have been through could easily see DC winning this. At the same time with DC not looking like he used to and missing weight not sure where it goes. I was shocked that AJ was able to get him down also.

great fighters always lose eventually
sometimes they lose to B fighters like serra or bisping....

Every single GOAT ever in MMA has lost at some point. Jones will fall at some point.

Back