Does anyone know this 90's R&B chick song?

MoparOrNoCar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We were talking about 90's R&B today and I didn't listen to a lot of it back then but I remember this one song so I know it had to have been somewhat popular. Problem is, I have the worst, vaguest description ever for it.

It's most likely a girl group but it could just be one girl with backup singers or something. The beat is very simple without much to it. I don't remember any lyrics exactly but they're singing the cliche shit about how you better come correct and treat me right and if you do I'll be your freak. It's not an outright dirty song but that's all I can remember from it. It's a medium to medium slow tempo IIRC.

I feel like the female singing parts in Too Close by Next are fairly similar to how this song would go but I can't be too sure since I can't seem to remember even a second of the melody off the top of my head.

Yeah I know I pretty much described every song from back then. Was hoping to just randomly get a hit on something.

That's a good guess Dickweed but not it. Id say this song probably came out 2-3 years after that one just based on the sound of it.

if it's not this, it certainly should be

or perhaps never gonna get it by same group?

also, never forget the time my dude JC Chasez collaborated w/ a girl r&b group, and sang the lines "are you feeling my timbs, my baggy jeans, my thug appeal' and nobody batted an eye haha

This is it! God damn, nice find. For something of no importance, this has been bugging the hell out of me for over a week now. Thanks!

if it's not this, it certainly should be

or perhaps never gonna get it by same group?

also, never forget the time my dude JC Chasez collaborated w/ a girl r&b group, and sang the lines "are you feeling my timbs, my baggy jeans, my thug appeal' and nobody batted an eye haha

Good guesses. Last week I went through En Vogue's most popular songs because I thought for sure it was going to be them.

This is it! God damn, nice find. For something of no importance, this has been bugging the hell out of me for over a week now. Thanks!

Good guesses. Last week I went through En Vogue's most popular songs because I thought for sure it was going to be them.
dude I feel you. I'm the same exact way when it comes to stuff like this.

Faith Evans: Love Like This or All Night Long
Luscious Jackson: Naked Eye
Lucy Pearl: Dance Tonight, Without You, Lala, You

Back