Does anyone in here not get along with or even hate their parents ?

Shep Proudfoot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My parents Are amazing people and I love them very much. I have never understood how someone can hate their mother and father, short of extreme physical or sexual abuse. I’m curious if some of you who may feel this way would be willing to explain why. It seems antithetical to nature to despise the people who brought you into this world.

Haven't spoken to my mum in 20 years.

She's lucky I didn't go Ed Kemper on her ass.

Over powering, domineering, bull shit artist.

You can choose your friends..........

Haven't spoken to my mum in 20 years.

She's lucky I didn't go Ed Kemper on her ass.

Over powering, domineering, bull shit artist.

You can choose your friends..........

Do you ever miss her or feel bad she may be missing you ? How old were you when you stopped seeing her ? Not even a phone call ?

Do you ever miss her or feel bad she may be missing you ? How old were you when you stopped seeing her ? Not even a phone call ?
18 was the last time, and that was back in 1998. She had an affair behind my dads back and left him.

She is scum and doesn't deserve my attention.

That's about it. I'm sure I'm not the only son who has been damned by a mother or father.

I am sure it is a lot more common that people think.

I'd get along fine with your mom.

I understand the abuse thing. My mom did that with her parents. She tried to reconcile after my parents got married, it lasted a few years and then when my dad quit my grandpa's company for a better job,all hell broke loose.

I remember my grandpa csme to the door and told my mom along the lines "it's us or him". She chose my dad and he said "then your dead to me and your mom". He then raised the rent for the house we were living in and put the squeeze on. We ended up moving a couple months later when my parents bought a house, and never heard from them again. In fact, even her brothers and sisters cut her off.

It was only since her mom and dad both have died that her one sister has made an effort to reconnect. I saw her at my brothers wedding last summer ,for the first time in 23 years.

18 was the last time, and that was back in 1998. She had an affair behind my dads back and left him.

That's about it. I'm sure I'm not the only son who has been damned by a mother or father.

I'll be your new mother.

Evil people suck. A lot of them have kids. They usually don't stop being sucky just because they have children.

I have an aunt who is kicking her daughter out when she turns 18, because her social security payments will be cut. My cousin has no life skills, because my aunt convinced both her and the state that she is disabled in order to get paid.

I love my parents, but I am disgusted by my aunt, and wouldn't blame my cousins if they hate her.

Not despise or hate, but don't really like to be around them at all. Made my life a living hell as a child with their horrible life choices. On the plus side, it helped to teach me how to be self-sufficient, and know early on what i never wish to be.

I always got along well with my parents. My father didn't get along with his father. He left home to work as a hired man on another farm when he was 14. We never visited his parents much but he was very close to my mothers parents. I have some cousins that didn't get along with their parents. Not terribly badly but definitely not close.

Damn, are you still cool with your dad tho?

I see how it could happen but I'm fortunate I've never had to experience it. My parent's are some of the most chill people I know

I can honestly say I hate my father. Nothing physical just never ending verbal abuse. He smartened up a year ago after I cracked him with a left cross and dropped him.

Wont delve too much more into it but I have always hated him and the damage has long been done. I have no use for him.

I can honestly say I hate my father. Nothing physical just never ending verbal abuse. He smartened up a year ago after I cracked him with a left cross and dropped him.

Wont delve too much more into it but I have always hated him and the damage has long been done. I have no use for him.
Change your name to left cross, you fucking phony.

my parents had some good qualities and some less than good ones as well.
rest in pieces, parental units

Close to my mum. I will always be mommys boy not matter what age. Not as close to dad but get on.

Cant Imagine life without them tbh

Nope. My family are pretty nice. My dad died a few years ago, but I talk to my mom, sisters, and grandmother pretty regularly.

I had a rough relationship with my parents when I was growing up.

Ever since I’ve been an adult we get along great.

Back