Does anyone have a prenuptial agreement?

Tbh I think prenuptials are a dick move. Nothing like a legal don't fuck with my money to foster the trust necessary for a successful healthy relationship.

People who get prenuptials are completely missing the point of marriage.

If you don't want to share your life don't get fucking married you WEAK son of a bitch.
You're a fool if you think I'm not gonna protect my sherdog account in the case of a divorce.

Tbh I think prenuptials are a dick move. Nothing like a legal don't fuck with my money to foster the trust necessary for a successful healthy relationship.

If you don't want to share your life don't get fucking married you WEAK son of a bitch.

You sound very young. I have seen a chick I thought was pretty sane, and nice, with a good family, married to my friend for 10 years, before she got diagnosed with Crohn's disease, got hooked on pain pills, and lost her damn mind.

be85806b1efe5c8dd7baa4e0186eec70.jpg

My Mom needs to get one for her upcoming 4th marriage (She makes a little over 200k a year, he makes around 50k) but she won't listen. Her last husband took her to the cleaners and she paid his ass alimony for 3 years and paid off all his credit card debt so she wouldn't destroy her credit. It makes me sick just thinking that my Mom's marrying another douche-bag who has two 20 something year old loser sons that are going to bleed her dry.

Last edited:
My Mom needs to get one for her upcoming 4th marriage (She makes a little over 200k a year, he makes around 50k) but she won't listen. Her last husband took her to the cleaners and she paid his ass alimony for 3 years and paid off all his credit card debt so she wouldn't destroy her credit. It makes me sick just thinking the my Mom's marrying another douche-bag who has two 20 something year old loser sons that are going to bleed her dry.
Get rid of him.

Get rid of him.

We live 2500 miles apart, I've actually only met him a few times. He seems nice enough but he's poor as shit. His kids are complete losers that already have a bunch of children that they can't support. Typical Flint Town trash....

My Mom needs to get one for her upcoming 4th marriage (She makes a little over 200k a year, he makes around 50k) but she won't listen. Her last husband took her to the cleaners and she paid his ass alimony for 3 years and paid off all his credit card debt so she wouldn't destroy her credit. It makes me sick just thinking the my Mom's marrying another douche-bag who has two 20 something year old loser sons that are going to bleed her dry.
If your mom is going on her 4th marriage she should realize that it's not for her.

If your mom is going on her 4th marriage she should realize that it's not for her.

Thank you man. I've tried telling her marriage doesn't solve all your life issues but she just rambles on about how she doesn't want to be alone in her old age. Well enjoy being alone and broke then.

@HatchetHarry I just ordered this book on prenuptial agreements.

The book explains the entire process, including how to discuss and negotiate fair terms. It gives you worksheets to go through, a summary of prenup laws in your state, and other resources.

If you order it on the NOLO website, you get 15% off.

I am about 19% through and it is really good. I can see how the due diligence process can actually strengthen your relationship. It can bring up any potential pitfalls, and if you can't get through the process as a couple, then you would've saved a lot of money not having to go through an expensive wedding and divorce!

Nah, my wife earns way more than me and her house is worth at least 4 times more than mine.

@HatchetHarry I just ordered this book on prenuptial agreements.

The book explains the entire process, including how to discuss and negotiate fair terms. It gives you worksheets to go through, a summary of prenup laws in your state, and other resources.

If you order it on the NOLO website, you get 15% off.

I am about 19% through and it is really good. I can see how the due diligence process can actually strengthen your relationship. It can bring up any potential pitfalls, and if you can't get through the process as a couple, then you would've saved a lot of money not having to go through an expensive wedding and divorce!

I'm going to email this link to my mother. Hopefully she gets the hint.

Nah, there is a clear knowledge gap here.

Prenups can actually strengthen your relationship.

It involves a full disclosure process that addresses potential pitfalls.

If a couple can't get through the prenup process without falling apart, they shouldn't get married.

Nah, there is a clear knowledge gap here.

Prenups can actually strengthen your relationship.

It involves a full disclosure process that addresses potential pitfalls.

If a couple can't get through the prenup process without falling apart, they shouldn't get married.

Yeah, babe if you can't get through my buddy raping you how do you expect to deal with lifes pitfalls.

<{MingNope}>

I'm going to email this link to my mother. Hopefully she gets the hint.

Before you do, read it first. Even if it's the Amazon's Look Inside sample feature, so you can speak exactly to your points.

If you just email her the link, she is going to ignore it.

You sound very young. I have seen a chick I thought was pretty sane, and nice, with a good family, married to my friend for 10 years, before she got diagnosed with Crohn's disease, got hooked on pain pills, and lost her damn mind.

Older than you man. I just come from a family with no divorce, I'm married to a woman with no familial divorce history, been together for 18 years and have studied a decent amount of psychology.

I'm also in a rustly mood.

Edit: if my wife went mental I'd want her to get half my shit and vice versa, more depending on who got the kids most.

What are you talking about @Phlog ?

"If a couple can't get through the prenup process without falling apart, they shouldn't get married."

Just speaking bullshit, in response to your nonsensical pov. It's a faulty premise. If a couple gets through the prenup process without falling apart they shouldn't get married.

Older than you man. I just come from a family with no divorce, I'm married to a woman with no familial divorce history, been together for 18 years and have studied a decent amount of psychology.

I'm also in a rustly mood.

Edit: if my wife went mental I'd want her to get half my shit and vice versa, more depending on who got the kids most.

Just because your family doesn't have a history of divorce doesn't mean they are happy or that your family knows what they are doing, or even know what they are talking about.

Over 50% of marriages end in a divorce, and the majority of marriages left over maintain a fantasy bond, which is the illusion of a connection.

The fact that you are so naïve about the process of prenups and the outcomes of marriages makes me think you are living a fantasy.

"If a couple can't get through the prenup process without falling apart, they shouldn't get married."

Just speaking bullshit, in response to your nonsensical pov. It's a faulty premise. If a couple gets through the prenup process without falling apart they shouldn't get married.

Where is the fault?

Just because your family doesn't have a history of divorce doesn't mean you are happy or that your family knows what they are doing, or even know what they are talking about.

Over 50% of marriages end in a divorce, and the majority of marriages left over maintain a fantasy bond, which is the illusion of a connection.

The fact that you are so naïve to the process of prenups and the outcomes of marriages makes me think you are living a fantasy.

That's an interesting straw man you've created there, I'll ignore it for your sake.

"and the majority of marriages left over maintain a fantasy bond,"

Wishful thinking much?

Back