Does anyone find it strange how Conor was willing to fight Frankie but not Khabib and Tony

Does anyone find it strange that Conor would be a lying sack?
No, not at the point. Bullshit flows out of his mouth daily, It's the norm with that guy. His shit got very old a long long time ago. I wish Conor would just fade away.

Weird how mayweathers name couldn’t stay out his mouth (money grab) but he barely has shit to say to high risk relatively low payout Khabib and Tony in MMA.

No, Conor made his name off fighting manlets. 145-

I really don’t see what the big deal/what’s so unbelievable about this situation.

The frankie fight would make sense cos people kept bitching about Conor ducking him, and presumably considers frankie less of a challenge than Tony and Khabib.
Also, Tony and Khabib are already booked to fight, and everyone has been waiting for that for years. As for ducking Khabib, that doesn’t make sense since Tony is next in line anyway.

So many people here act they have inside knowledge, but all they do is interpret situations to reinforce their confirmation bias.

Even though Frankie is a beast he would be severally undersized against Conor McGregor. Does anyone find it strange how he was willing to fight Frankie but not Khabib or Tony ? Does this confirm Conor McGregor fear of fighting Tony or Khabib and defending his title in yall minds ?
Nothing strange about it. Frankie is a MUCH easier fight than Tony or Khabib. WAY EASIER.

then continued to hold up the division with that pointless rematch so he could save face via a majority decision; since winning the lw title, he has failed to defend or even entertained the idea of doing so, much to the detriment of the division and the organization.

1. How did McGregor getting a rematch vs Nate hold up the LW division? It didn't affect the division at all. RDA fought Alvarez in the interim.

This helps prove my point. A lot of fans on either side aren't thinking clearly or accurately when it comes to McGregor.

2. I've always agreed with those who think McGregor needs to be stripped of the LW belt and I think it should have happened in Nov/Dec or so.

But no, it hasn't had much effect on the LW division at all. The big difference is that Ferguson is the interim champ rather than the undisputed champ. He's the one this has been unfair to. But other than that all the match making has been what it would have been had McGregor never come to LW. He's had minimal impact on LW. I think the big hold up at LW is that the two best active LWs, Khabib and Ferguson, have repeatedly canceled scheduled bouts with one another over a period of several years.

3. McGregor is an anomaly. When he fights, it's great. When he doesn't it pays to ignore him.

With respect to your opinion, I really don't think the criticism and cynicism directed towards him or his motivations are undeserved even by his harshest detractors.

In this particular case, I agree there's plenty of room for skepticism.

In this particular case, I agree there's plenty of room for skepticism.

You are one of best posters on this board. Your measured approach to fighters and the fight game is a nice counterbalance to histrionics that plagues most of the threads.

Please stop trying to explain common sense to @IngaVovchanchyn. Its a foreign language to him. Plus hes a secret Mcfraud fan boy thinking we cant clearly see it.

While I disagree with Inga on this particular incident with McGregor, she is a great sherdogger and deserves at least consideration.

And while I do agree she's a fan to an extent, imo she's pretty fair and clear headed for the most part.

1. How did McGregor getting a rematch vs Nate hold up the LW division? It didn't affect the division at all. RDA fought Alvarez in the interim.

This helps prove my point. A lot of fans on either side aren't thinking clearly or accurately when it comes to McGregor.

2. I've always agreed with those who think McGregor needs to be stripped of the LW belt and I think it should have happened in Nov/Dec or so.

But no, it hasn't had much effect on the LW division at all. The big difference is that Ferguson is the interim champ rather than the undisputed champ. He's the one this has been unfair to. But other than that all the match making has been what it would have been had McGregor never come to LW. He's had minimal impact on LW. I think the big hold up at LW is that the two best active LWs, Khabib and Ferguson, have repeatedly canceled scheduled bouts with one another over a period of several years.

3. McGregor is an anomaly. When he fights, it's great. When he doesn't it pays to ignore him.

At the time mc-g fought diaz he was still the nominal fw champion, so it was that division he was holding up; aldo and edgar had to fight for an interim title on the same card that canner was scheduled to fight nate, before the former was removed due to failing his media obligations.

Due to that entire fiasco, mcgagger was then afforded a lw title shot vs the weakest champion in recent memory, in a purported "super fight", despite the fact that each "champion" had a combined ZERO title defenses. Because of eddie's overzealous joy of getting that money fight, khabib's title shot (for which he was given a contract) was thrown in the rubbish bin, thus further clogging up the division.

He should have been stripped as soon as his fight vs floyd was booked. The fact that he was healthy and able to fight, but instead chose to take an extended vacation for maternity leave, followed by that circus, means that he had no business keeping the belt while the rest of the division was still fighting.
The canceled bouts between khabib and ferguson, while important for ranking purposes perhaps, didn't really matter in terms of the title because neither one of them was champion; it wasn't until their scheduled bout for the interim title (which was only necessary because canner was refusing to defend) finally had larger ramifications on the division.

If mcgregor hadn't gotten so much preferential treatment over the years, which culminated in the above events, then he might not engender as much of the so-called "hate" he's gotten. That's where the majority of the criticism he's received stems from; of course he has his share of "haters" who criticize him for everything he does, but most fighters have that, canner just gives his haters far more fuel.

At the time mc-g fought diaz he was still the nominal fw champion, so it was that division he was holding up; aldo and edgar had to fight for an interim title on the same card that canner was scheduled to fight nate, before the former was removed due to failing his media obligations.

Ah, I misunderstood. In fact, McGregor didn't hold up the FW division at all, ever. He earned his title shot there fair and square and then moved on. I think he could have been stripped of that title slightly earlier, but the only difference was that Aldo was for a brief period the interim champ rather than the undisputed champ. Given that the world had just watched him be easily knocked unconscious, it didn't matter what one called his title.

Due to that entire fiasco, mcgagger was then afforded a lw title shot vs the weakest champion in recent memory, in a purported "super fight", despite the fact that each "champion" had a combined ZERO title defenses. Because of eddie's overzealous joy of getting that money fight, khabib's title shot (for which he was given a contract) was thrown in the rubbish bin, thus further clogging up the division.

I don't know if you are aware, but the silly name calling makes your comments hard to take seriously, if indeed you mean to be taken seriously. I mean feel free to carry on, but it undercuts your position by making you seem petty. Canner, Mcgagger, etc. The same is true of people incessantly calling him GOAT.

However, if you be objective for a moment, you'll recall that McGregor wanted to fight RDA, who was by no means the weakest champ in recent memory (Neither was Eddie for that matter; he's underrated but is an easy match up for McGregor.) It wasn't McGregor's fault RDA pulled out of the fight.

In fat, this is one of the criticisms I'd level at McGregor's critics. They hold him accountable for fighting Mendes and Nate, and Alvarez, but in fact he himself had been aiming at other fighters who pulled out of their fights. One of the reasons for McGregor's sustained popularity is his understanding that the show must go on. He's always been all about saving cards.

He should have been stripped as soon as his fight vs floyd was booked. The fact that he was healthy and able to fight, but instead chose to take an extended vacation for maternity leave, followed by that circus, means that he had no business keeping the belt while the rest of the division was still fighting.
The canceled bouts between khabib and ferguson, while important for ranking purposes perhaps, didn't really matter in terms of the title because neither one of them was champion; it wasn't until their scheduled bout for the interim title (which was only necessary because canner was refusing to defend) finally had larger ramifications on the division.

I see the principle in saying he should have been stripped as soon as the Mayweather fight was booked, but it's nonsensical to think it would have ever happened. The UFC's mistake was in not forcing him to book a fight soon after and using the threat of stripping him as leverage in October or November.

If mcgregor hadn't gotten so much preferential treatment over the years, which culminated in the above events, then he might not engender as much of the so-called "hate" he's gotten. That's where the majority of the criticism he's received stems from; of course he has his share of "haters" who criticize him for everything he does, but most fighters have that, canner just gives his haters far more fuel.

McGregor has gotten rather less preferential treatment than his critics often claim, but for sure he got plenty. He often did much more for the UFC than almost any other fighter, including taking high risk last minute replacements in more than one fight (something guys like Jon Jones and Werdum refused to do) and also putting in many more hours of media work than most other fighters. But frankly, with Sherdog clamoring so often for fighters to have more leverage against the evil UFC empire, it strikes me as strange that people then complain so bitterly when he wrings concession after concession out of Dana White.

Ah, I misunderstood. In fact, McGregor didn't hold up the FW division at all, ever. He earned his title shot there fair and square and then moved on. I think he could have been stripped of that title slightly earlier, but the only difference was that Aldo was for a brief period the interim champ rather than the undisputed champ. Given that the world had just watched him be easily knocked unconscious, it didn't matter what one called his title.

I don't know if you are aware, but the silly name calling makes your comments hard to take seriously, if indeed you mean to be taken seriously. I mean feel free to carry on, but it undercuts your position by making you seem petty. Canner, Mcgagger, etc. The same is true of people incessantly calling him GOAT.

However, if you be objective for a moment, you'll recall that McGregor wanted to fight RDA, who was by no means the weakest champ in recent memory (Neither was Eddie for that matter; he's underrated but is an easy match up for McGregor.) It wasn't McGregor's fault RDA pulled out of the fight.

In fat, this is one of the criticisms I'd level at McGregor's critics. They hold him accountable for fighting Mendes and Nate, and Alvarez, but in fact he himself had been aiming at other fighters who pulled out of their fights. One of the reasons for McGregor's sustained popularity is his understanding that the show must go on. He's always been all about saving cards.

I see the principle in saying he should have been stripped as soon as the Mayweather fight was booked, but it's nonsensical to think it would have ever happened. The UFC's mistake was in not forcing him to book a fight soon after and using the threat of stripping him as leverage in October or November.

McGregor has gotten rather less preferential treatment than his critics often claim, but for sure he got plenty. He often did much more for the UFC than almost any other fighter, including taking high risk last minute replacements in more than one fight (something guys like Jon Jones and Werdum refused to do) and also putting in many more hours of media work than most other fighters. But frankly, with Sherdog clamoring so often for fighters to have more leverage against the evil UFC empire, it strikes me as strange that people then complain so bitterly when he wrings concession after concession out of Dana White.

The fact that he was taking fights outside of the division instead of either defending his belt or vacating did in fact clog up fw because edgar never got a title shot vs mcgregor, instead he had to fight the person who most people agree is his worst possible match-up, ruining his chances of becoming fw champion for the next two years.

Silly name calling is part of sherdog culture; if you can't look past that and simply focus on the message/content, I wonder how you survive a single day here; perhaps that's part of the reason why you confuse "hate" with serious criticism which is levied based on events that have transpired due to a pampered champion who's been fast-tracked and coddled through his entire tenure with the organization.

I do in fact recall mcgregor getting a gifted title shot at lw vs the incumbent champion at the time, dos anjos, a fight many people believed would end poorly for the newly crowned fw champion; hafael had been looking unbeatable after demolishing diaz, cerrone, henderson, and pettis in short order. The reason why the match was drawing so much ire though is because conor had just won the fw belt, had not made a single defence, and he's immediately getting a title shot at a higher weight class? Absurd, and another example of the favouritism displayed towards him.

When given the option of who to replace rda (i.e. handpicking his opponent, like he did with out of camp/out of shape mendes), he decided to pick nate, who was on vacation in cabo, taking shots of tequila when he got the call (allegedly). Despite having the advantage of going through a full camp, and not having to cut as much weight to get all the way down to 11 stone, he still lost the match and was given a rematch right away; who else has gotten an immediate rematch after being stopped in the second round, especially in a fight that was meaningless to begin with?

And while mcgregor deserves credit for not asking to be pulled off of cards (with the exception of 200, where he almost forced the ufc to take him off the card by failing to meet his contractual media obligations), many people go overboard acting like he was at a horrible disadvantage by facing guys who weren't even training for a fight prior to getting a 2-4 week notice to face him. I'm not really sure why you lumped the fight vs alvarez in there though; he didn't "save" that card and it certainly wasn't short notice or anything, it was a gift to him (once again) after going 1-1 vs a perennial gatekeeper.

Obviously the ufc was letting him keep the belt as a prop, however that doesn't change the fact that they were doing a disservice to the rest of the fighters in that division for the sake of mcgregor, and it makes one wonder why he's still been allowed to hold onto the status as champion for this long.

The fact that he was taking fights outside of the division instead of either defending his belt or vacating did in fact clog up fw because edgar never got a title shot vs mcgregor, instead he had to fight the person who most people agree is his worst possible match-up, ruining his chances of becoming fw champion for the next two years.

Lol? Edgar got the title shot he earned. McGregor moved up in weight. And now we have a thread complaining because McGregor allegedly was willing to fight Edgar.

I can see where guys like @Hardkore are coming from when they express skepticism of how sincere McGregor was with this offer. Not all criticisms of McGregor are stupid. But we are in a thread at that take as its premise that McGregor is willing to fight Frankie, and that in doing so he is ducking Ferguson. And that is stupid.

Honestly I'm a McConor fan but that's a bitch move, fighting a featherweight instead of defending the belt vs Tony, really?

He was never going to fight Frankie. He knew it woudlnt work out and now he looks like a hero to his knob gobblers.

Conor had no intention to cut down to 145 again, let alone fight Frankie. He's just doing some PR, desperately trying to stay relevant while MMA quickly pass him by without any regrets.

The fact anyone actually believes he offered to fight Frankie is concerning. You can't possibly be that dumb.

Because Edgar is small, everyone with a brain knows mcgregor likes fighting smaller guys.

Strange? I find it typical...

He wasn’t gonna fight him, it was more a case of “hey Frankie, you’re lucky the UFC is holding me back or I’d beat your ass” while swinging his arms

Back