Does anyone find it strange how Conor was willing to fight Frankie but not Khabib and Tony

He doesn't have to defend the title, so no, it's not strange. If he beats Edgar it adds more fuel to the fire at 145 for him and he can delay his title defense at 155.

Why was the fight denied?

"Not enough time to hype"....

However, we are supposed to also believe he was going to fight short notice at UFC 219 to save that card but UFC punished him for acting like a Conor at a Bellator event, by pulling him off the card

Last edited:
I think his fights with Diaz were a reality check for him. Conor’s greatest asset is his size advantage. When have we seen him fight an elite fighter that was not smaller than he is? I hope he does fight Tony and Khabib but it sure seems like he is avoiding those two.
Yup very true. He cannot and never will beat a guy bigger than him. He is a duck. Biggest pussy in mma history. No, diaz doesnt count. He survived against him lol. He always talks about reach advantage over his opponents who are smaller than him lol. Only wimps act like that. Complete utter nincompooo fodder of the highest order.

Spoiler alert: Conor McGregor wasn't actually willing to fight Frankie Edgar.
I really wish they would've called his bluff. seeing him cut to 145 on short notice would be as entertaining as seeing how his cardio holds up against Frankie

I made no claims about what I thought McGregor's intentions are. IMO the guy is retired and will likely stay that way.

What I'm pointing out is how ridiculous his critics can be.

With respect to your opinion, I really don't think the criticism and cynicism directed towards him or his motivations are undeserved even by his harshest detractors.

Dumbshit, you don't get a warmup fight being "the champ" and calling yourself the greatest fighter. Stay active so you don't need a warmup, or surrender the belt like a pussy.
Knowing McGregor is bigger than UFC itself, he gets what he wants, and right now, he wants a warm up fight before anything else

With respect to your opinion, I really don't think the criticism and cynicism directed towards him or his motivations are undeserved even by his harshest detractors.
Depends on what your definition of "hate" is. Some of the vitriol is over the top and pedantic, but for the most part their statements aren't inaccurate, i.e. he bypassed all of the top contenders at lw and got a title shot off the merits of getting choked out by cabo nate, then continued to hold up the division with that pointless rematch so he could save face via a majority decision; since winning the lw title, he has failed to defend or even entertained the idea of doing so, much to the detriment of the division and the organization.
Please stop trying to explain common sense to @IngaVovchanchyn. Its a foreign language to him. Plus hes a secret Mcfraud fan boy thinking we cant clearly see it.

Knowing McGregor is bigger than UFC itself, he gets what he wants, and right now, he wants a warm up fight before anything else

There are no warmup fights when you're champ. If he wants a warmup fight he can vacate the belt.

gV9W6_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
And just like him you can't even call their names...

Sad

-Donald Trump

Lol. See you when he fights Khabib in Russia.

If that fight actually happens for the 4th time. Otherwise, its Conor vs. who didn't pull out. Conor gives zero shits for late replacements and he would LOVE to be that guy.

McGregor fanbois all acting stupid in this thread, pretending they don't understand how this is a duck.

He never planned on fighting Frankie either

Frankie is the toughest match at fw which is why he never fought him

He knew the fight wouldn't happen but called him out anyway so people would stop saying he ducked Frankie

I haven't defended him at all, as I already noted itt. I'm pointing out how ridiculous his critics are. They've been worse than his supporters for years now.
very true. You see the same sort of ridiculousness and mentality through his entire come up. Not much has changed.

That said,as I often say, the truth tends to lie somewhere in the middle

He never planned on fighting Frankie either

Frankie is the toughest match at fw which is why he never fought him

He knew the fight wouldn't happen but called him out anyway so people would stop saying he ducked Frankie

I believe that he actually made the offer. But like the weasel that he is, Conor is not mentioning that he would only take the fight at 155. No way in hell he makes 145 on short notice, so this was 100% a ploy to lure Frankie out to 155.

I think they're just trying to generate hype. Of course UFC is going to play up a Conor comeback along with Floyd and CM punk fight because their deal with Fox is ending. They're handing out Interim belts, matching up Champion vs Champion all for the sake of getting as much interest as possible right before they sign their next TV deal.

giphy.webp

Even though Frankie is a beast he would be severally undersized against Conor McGregor. Does anyone find it strange how he was willing to fight Frankie but not Khabib or Tony ? Does this confirm Conor McGregor fear of fighting Tony or Khabib and defending his title in yall minds ?

conor is grandstanding saying something that nobody can prove if it really did or not.

Back