Does anyone else not care about the heavyweight division?

Frank Edgar

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Like, I'll watch the fights because they can be entertaining sometimes, but I don't follow its development closely

It is a novelty division IMO. A guy like Cain Velasquez, who had all the tools to be GOAT, just has his career completely go to shit

Old washed up fighters like Overeem are still relevant and anyone has a puncher's chance

The only saving grace are the frequent vicious KOs. That's why even though the division is as shallow as flyweight it will always draw

Heavyweight is weak as fuck when you consider the best guys are the dudes that have been around forever and should be retiring at this point and most of the younger prospects are just fatties who should be at LHW or MW, It's strange.

Fuck no, the Big Boyz are always dope.

Ngannou is coming up, and the dude is something straight out of peoples nightmares.

It's pretty shit right now and has been for a while

With stipe just sitting out
Shitty decisions
Bad matchmaking
Injuries

I kinda wish dc was at hw
Makes it a little interesting

I wanna see dc vs werdum

Stipe is still fun to root for. And Francis is coming on strong. Can be a lot of fun to watch, or boring as hell. Still worth the gamble knowing fireworks may occur.

The HW and even LHW divisions are just a little better the the woman's FW division.

Each has just 5 guys at most who could realistically be the champ one day.

Yes I do and now Tuivasa has landed the future looks bright

I love Stipe, and he's on the verge of breaking the record of the most cursed belt in UFC history.

On top of that, Ngannou is an amazing prospect that seems to be paying off so far, on a run for the title.

HW is always the most shallow division in terms of the number of high-level fighters, but the fights themselves are always high-stakes, and I'm usually glued to them.

HW division is shit cause it's weak as fuck

but at the same time the HW division is intriguing cause the best fighters are massive freaks of nature in a way

I'll watch Stipe and Hunt. Cain is still sea level and TBH we all know DC would likely be champ there so it's weird.

I'll take a HW fight over a BW fight any day of the week.

UFC doesnt know how to book talent properly, so they go for the easy money or the guys that can market themselves. They have a real champion who doesnt even have a fight scheduled...

I know what you mean. It can be disappointing like this
JDHpAqw.gif

fdafa.gif

But it can also be exciting like this

I care and i don't think situation is that bad, Ngannou and Volkov are promising, Tybura will improve with more time and then you have Blaydes and new guys like Bhullar, Golm, Tuivasa, Spitz etc, its a matter of time to old guys like Browne, Arlovski and Hunt be irrelevant

now Werdum and Overeem i still see fighting for more 3-4 years because they're legends and dont get enough credit, 2 killers

Heavyweight is weak as fuck when you consider the best guys are the dudes that have been around forever and should be retiring at this point and most of the younger prospects are just fatties who should be at LHW or MW, It's strange.
Or maybe HW doesn't rely on speed as much and power is the last thing to go so age matters less for HW. And maybe since one punch can end it in HW that makes experience count for more than in other weight classes. Just a thought.

Things go in cycles, there was a time when the heavyweight division was exciting as fuck (prime Fedor, prime Big nog, prime Crocop, prime Arloski, almost prime Couture etc) and boxing was a shambles

Now MMA is a shambles and Boxing heavyweight division is looking good with Antony Joshua, Deontay Wilder and others

Is it only me that thought volkov and struve was the worst thing ever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back