Does anyone else like Marloes Coenen? I do.

Well, a young Coenen still struggled with Carmouche and Budd is a bigger blanket than Carmouche, wouldn't go as far as 90/10.
Budd struggles to beat far worse opponents than Liz Carmouche ever faced. Budd's entire strategy in this fight will be to cage hump and lay on Coenen for 5 founds. A young Coenen catches Budd early and easily. Against old and should retire in the next year or two Coenen she might be able to pull it off.

I would have been and would be happier if the UFC built its 145 division around Coenen instead of Cyborg. I know it wont happen at this point, but Coenen has always been more reliable, classy and wanted a 145 division for other women, not just for her own paycheck like Cyborg seems to.

Every time Cyborg gets close to getting what she wants she pulls a hot piss or an IV worry or some other excuse why she cant do what she says she will do. Got the UFC to add 145 only to get benched for at least a year.

Marloes Coenen is what UFC wMMA has needed for years now.

Whoever wins the W145 in Bellator should start trash talking the winner of W145 in UFC and saying stuff like "they are just a paper champion without fighting Cyborg" and stuff like that.

Whoever wins the W145 in Bellator should start trash talking the winner of W145 in UFC and saying stuff like "they are just a paper champion without fighting Cyborg" and stuff like that.
But that would be calling themselves a paper champion...

^^^True but they started higher on the totem pole so they will be more legit.

Timing was bad for Coenen I guess. While I'd love to see her in the UFC in their new 145 Div., it's starting to get less likely, especially now that Coenen vs. Budd has been finalised. Budd has a shot but Marloes is nearing towards the end of her career, I still have hope she'll have at least 1 fight in the UFC.

Budd struggles to beat far worse opponents than Liz Carmouche ever faced. Budd's entire strategy in this fight will be to cage hump and lay on Coenen for 5 founds. A young Coenen catches Budd early and easily. Against old and should retire in the next year or two Coenen she might be able to pull it off.

Sadly, I think she's going to get wall and stalled and lay and prayed to a dec loss. Marloes has always had a bad tendency to "blow it" at critical moments. Beating Miesha handily then seems to forget how to grapple at all; loses to Roxanne Modaferri in the finals of a tournament in Japan where she has size and skill on her; got handled by DuFresne who really is a one rounder. Marloes is one of my favorite WMMA fighters of all time and when she's on, she's so incredible to watch. I think she may just be past her prime mentally for prepping and fighting.

Budd is such a weird one too; Candian Muay Thai champion for years that comes into MMA and only wrestles and holds to dec wins. Such a physical specimen too but still seems to have no idea how to finish an opponent after so many years of combat sports experience. So friggin frustrating as that should be the case on paper. Bah!

SS

Warloes FTW

Wish she would have went to the UFC at a buck 35 a couple years ago.

Been a fan forever. Before she became strikeforce champ and then lost it to miesha.

Womans tough as nails, the beating she got from cyborg was crazy.

Sadly her time has probably passed. I waited for years to see her in the UFC...

You won't find a picture.

"“I’ve got a little niece who is 3 years old. When I am done fighting and when she’s older, I want her to be proud of who I am and what I did. Therefore, I will not pull my pants off and show my ass in a thong to the camera.”"

The closest thing for us seeing her in a thong is in one of her fights, I think it was in the Tate fight, damn that was hot.

Sadly, I think she's going to get wall and stalled and lay and prayed to a dec loss. Marloes has always had a bad tendency to "blow it" at critical moments. Beating Miesha handily then seems to forget how to grapple at all; loses to Roxanne Modaferri in the finals of a tournament in Japan where she has size and skill on her; got handled by DuFresne who really is a one rounder. Marloes is one of my favorite WMMA fighters of all time and when she's on, she's so incredible to watch. I think she may just be past her prime mentally for prepping and fighting.

Budd is such a weird one too; Candian Muay Thai champion for years that comes into MMA and only wrestles and holds to dec wins. Such a physical specimen too but still seems to have no idea how to finish an opponent after so many years of combat sports experience. So friggin frustrating as that should be the case on paper. Bah!

SS
Marloes spending 5 rounds getting cage humped at this point in her career is a definite possibility. My hope is that while getting cage humped and laid on Budd makes a mistake and Marloes catches her.

If Budd wins just bury the Bellator 145lb division and shovel in the dirt. It's finished, watching Budd fight is worse than watching paint dry, the other Bellator 145lb fighters don't have much talent and Coenen will probably retire.

Last edited:
Been a fan of hers for years! She has been fighting since 2000!

I liked her in the strikeforce days,obviously attractive as well ;)

I've always liked watching her fight. She's pretty much a wmma legend at this point.

Saw her fight live in 2009 at a Strikeforce event in Chicago against @Rox22

StrikeforceMarloesCoenen.jpg

coenen-marloes.jpg

marloes-coenen-2.jpg

0.jpg
I always thought she was cute and really feminine.

Back