Does anyone carry a stun gun? What do you recommend to purchase? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Weapons and Tactics' started by kenpeters8, Mar 24, 2018.

1. jlagman Duty Belt

jlagman
    People have died from CEWs, the point being, if you're worried about legal troubles, electrocuting a motherfucker doesn't really indemnify you either.

HockeyBjj and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  2. kenpeters8 Purple Belt

kenpeters8
    electrocuting a mofo just for 2 seconds so that person lose muscle control and fall on the ground, is a lot safer and leave no permanent damage. Using a knife to stabbing or cutting someone is lethal and deadly. just saying.

3. Gregolian .45 ACP

Gregolian
    The civilian stun guns aren't nearly as effective as the taser cops carry man.

I've been hit with a civilian stun gun and it hurt like a motherfucker but I didn't lose muscle control and hit the ground.

4. kenpeters8 Purple Belt

kenpeters8
    how many volt was the one you got hit with? How many volt does the one cops use?

5. Gregolian .45 ACP

Gregolian
    I honestly have no idea. I just know I've been hit with both (being hit by the cop one was he was trying to hit someone else during a bar fight I was trying to break up as a bouncer and hit me with it) and the cop one put me on the deck like I was a damn board almost instantly.

HockeyBjj likes this.
  6. Stoic1 Patriot

Stoic1
    Stun guns are irritating but not fight stoppers.

In combatives 3 the instructors used to thrown them on the ground near pairs or groups. People with situational awareness would get them - but it was more like a knife. Both people struggling for them - very rarely would they end the fight. In my class they had to stop dropping them because people would get pissed off being shocked and start punching the person to get them to quit doing it. A few people had to be seperated and cool off.

7. FacePunch Double Yellow Card

FacePunch
    Did that class have a pellet-gun element?

8. robbyfine White Belt

robbyfine
    My wife is a nurse in Birmingham, AL. Her job requires her to walk through a parking garage at all hours. I bought her some good police-quality ASP Defender pepper spray, but I'm considering buying her a Taser. Just found some good reviews here https://secretstorages.com/best-tasers-review/ . Maybe someone will find them helpful too