Does anyone carry a stun gun? What do you recommend to purchase?

The civilian model of the Taser is good, called the C2.

Traditional stun guns are not at all like they show in the movies. Downside is you have to get into contact range.

What is it needed or intended for?

The civilian model of the Taser is good, called the C2.

Traditional stun guns are not at all like they show in the movies. Downside is you have to get into contact range.

What is it needed or intended for?

don't like taser, i rather use a stun gun. Just don't want to carry knives anymore for self-defense purposes because it's too lethal. Stun gun seems more humane and non-damaging. But also effective and can make the aggressor lose muscle control and fall on the ground. Enough time for me to walk away.

don't like taser, i rather use a stun gun. Just don't want to carry knives anymore for self-defense purposes because it's too lethal. Stun gun seems more humane and non-damaging. But also effective and can make the aggressor lose muscle control and fall on the ground. Enough time for me to walk away.

19495_xl.jpg

I use nonlethal means as well.
My solution was a pellet gun.
With the idea of me walking away from them and them running away from me.

I use nonlethal means as well.
My solution was a pellet gun.
With the idea of me walking away from them and them running away from me.
I really really hope this post is a joke. If someone pulled a pellet gun on me they'd likely end up dead very quickly.

I really really hope this post is a joke. If someone pulled a pellet gun on me they'd likely end up dead very quickly.
Yup. Rifled barrel, predator polymag pellets. You get a face full of those, you're not sticking around. Get one in the throat, your day's over.

Have you actually tested a stun gun on someone trying to resist? Majority of the videos out there of tests don't look that effective...

We're talking nonlethal. Better than a stun gun because of distance. I don't need stopping power, what I have is something that will make an invader reconsider. I don't need more than that, all things being equal. I also keep a Kabar handy and feel perfectly safe; I've used these tools to handle all the never once needed them encounters that haven't happened.

We're talking nonlethal. Better than a stun gun because of distance. I don't need stopping power, what I have is something that will make an invader reconsider. I don't need more than that, all things being equal. I also keep a Kabar handy and feel perfectly safe; I've used these tools to handle all the never once needed them encounters that haven't happened.
Well, when you're talking about a pellet gun you're talking about a bluff. It isn't going to stop anyone, and if they have a knife or a gun you'll likely end up dead.

It's also probably something that will get you a carrying a concealed weapon charge.

You'd be better off with pepper spray.

You've pulled a pellet gun on someone in self defense? Lol.

Well, when you're talking about a pellet gun you're talking about a bluff. It isn't going to stop anyone, and if they have a knife or a gun you'll likely end up dead.

It's also probably something that will get you a carrying a concealed weapon charge.

You'd be better off with pepper spray.

You've pulled a pellet gun on someone in self defense? Lol.
Did you read the whole post? I explicitly said I'd never had to use either weapon.
Do what you do. I'm unconcerned.

Did you read the whole post? I explicitly said I'd never had to use either weapon.
Do what you do. I'm unconcerned.
Yea, sorry - I misread your last sentence - it is strangely worded.

Good luck!

Reason I don't want to carry a knife anymore is because someone tried to rob me at a bus stop before, and I pulled out a folding knife and stabbed him in the stomach. Luckily he didn't die. But I had to go through shitload of legal issues to get that solved. It was annoying and wasted my time from work for couple of months.

Stun gun seems more humane and non lethal. I just don't want to damage someone really bad, but at the same time protect myself if I have to in a self-defense situation.

Reason I don't want to carry a knife anymore is because someone tried to rob me at a bus stop before, and I pulled out a folding knife and stabbed him in the stomach. Luckily he didn't die. But I had to go through shitload of legal issues to get that solved. It was annoying and wasted my time from work for couple of months.

Stun gun seems more humane and non lethal. I just don't want to damage someone really bad, but at the same time protect myself if I have to in a self-defense situation.
Bro, if you use a stun gun and the next guy decides to press charges, guess what?...

Bro, if you use a stun gun and the next guy decides to press charges, guess what?...
Stun gun is more humane and doesn't have any permanent damage compared to a knife stabbing and cutting attack. Is that correct?

Back