Does anyone believe that Conor stands a chance against Cowboy?

I think the fight would stay on its feet for the most part giving the advantage to Conor. Donalds takedowns aren't very explosive, I think Conor could avoid them. Also Conor did "OK" against Khabib on the ground and Khabibs top game is light years ahead of Donalds. The longer the fight goes the more the advantage will swing towards Donald though.

I mean, you all do know that Cowboy can easily take Conor down and make him tap out like a father lightly wrestling with his 4 year son in the living room, being careful not to go too hard so that he doesn't hurt the boy...right?

It took khabib some time before he was finally able to get conor down and keep him there...I don't think cerrone will be able to do it...conor will light him up way worse than what Nate did...

The fight does not make any sense...

How is Conor going to go ape shit in conference? ....
Religion..nope
Race.. Nope
Record... Maybe
Accent... Nope

I am not sure who suggested this fight....

Its a toss up..when Cowboy is confident he fights with precision... Land somthing on his chin ...and boom... He looks at you... "Why you hitting me? I am telling mommy...."

Not even really interested in this fight at this point.

Cowboy and Conor are into two completely different headspaces. A few years ago, this would have been a blockbuster fight, but now, I see Papa Cowboy taking it easily. Having a kid seems to have leveled out Cowboy and shook some of the bad mojo he was carrying around, as well as closing out the toxic chapter of WinkleJohn this past weekend.

Conor had a kid as well, but lost his fucking mind instead of using it as a point to ground himself.

If he gets in Cowboy's head, he absolutely can work out something. But Cowboy might've sorted his shit out in that department.

Conor will be a favorite in this fight and win, I think.

With that said, not sure why everyone is talking about how emotional Cowboy is. I see him laughing off much of the Conor BS.

People really do have short term memories in this sport. Cerrone is a gift matchup stylistically. No head movement, slow starter and doesn't react the best to taking damage. Khabib had to work to get those takedowns, Conor isn't going down because of a quick level change and shot from Cerrone. It'll be on the feet and come down to whether or not he survives the first round and a half. He's a veteran and played it smart with Perry, clinching up every time he got into boxing range. Hopefully he can do the same against Conor but I'm not optimistic.

As a Conor 'hater' I would still say yes, I think Conor will take this. Too much on the line for him not to.

"You gotta have size, length. You gotta have some attributes."
Cowboy possesses those.

Easy payday for Cerrone. Conor's heart isnt in the fight game after that Khabib mauling

I mean, you all do know that Cowboy can easily take Conor down and make him tap out like a father lightly wrestling with his 4 year son in the living room, being careful not to go too hard so that he doesn't hurt the boy...right?
I think you have the names backwards. I like cowboy but him being favoured is laughable

Cowboy -70%
McGregor -30%

If it goes to decision, I expect the refs 100% to side with Conor if anything is REMOTELY close.

That being said,I think cerrone subs him or kicks his face off.
Conor is dangerous 7-9 mins and then falls hard.

Conor is a southpaw who pressures and uses angles well along with great accuracy. When he doesnt have to worry about the takedown, since Donalds arent great, he has a pretty good chance at beating cowboy w a ko. At leastv50/50

I'll never forget how many people were riding Cowboy's nuts and calling him the uncrowned champ just before he met Diaz. I reminded people at the time that Cowboy's always looked great against guys he towered over and had a huge reach advantage. Nate then boxed him up soundly.

I think this fight will be very interesting. I was rooting for it when Conor hand-picked Nate in their first fight. Cowboy was in shape at the time I think it could go either way. Cowboy has an advantage in wrestling and bjj but he better learn to move his head against a guy with Conor's accuracy.

Of course. But i could see Cowboy with another sub win here.

Conor by KO tho.

This is a great point. Guy is like 9-2 with wins over the likes of Mendes, Aldo, Poirer, Halloway, and Alvarez. Any way you slice it, that is outstanding. He does not have a strong ground game and fades in later rounds, so he is very beatable for wrestlers with gas tanks or guys with great cardio. I'm not a fanboy at all, but to me Conor appears to have lost a step since steamrolling the likes of Brandao, Siver, and Poirer. Money and ego can do that.
Ego of fighting LW can do that

We've seen Cowboy get out struck. Conor will test that chin with this counter punching... and he probably only needs to test it once.

Back