Does anyone actually like their life?

It's really not that profound of a question.

Most software engineers have a passion for developing and writing software. Their purpose is to create software that has an impact on peoples lives.

I plan on going to law school for environmental law because I want to combat companies that violate environmental regulations and protect the earth.

An airline pilot has a passion for flying and being in the air.

A soldier has a passion for defending his/her country and they feel it's their purpose.

The only time there isn't a purpose in your job is if it's some mundane bullshit.

I work at a call service center for copy machines. I basically put people on hold all day.

What's my purpose in life?

I work at a call service center for copy machines. I basically put people on hold all day.

What's my purpose in life?
Well, if serving others over the telephone isn't your purpose then i guess you either don't have one or haven't found it yet

I'm very happy living in Nola.

The-corner-of-Toulouse-and-Bourbon-Streets-New-Orleans.jpg

I love life mid-cookie. The end of that cookie brings the promise of another, but promises..promises..

for everyone complaining, its about having opportunities. where you live determines that.

I was talking to a kid one time here in albuquerque. he couldnt find a job and didnt have a car.

(albuquerque is poor and public transportation is not the best around)

I told him it wasnt you or your life...this city isnt made FOR YOU...go somewhere else and find your environment.....

a salt water fish cant live in fresh water and vice versa...

Interesting, I'll look into that. You can never know all there is to know, so I gladly welcome suggestions.

With regards to 5-HTP, yessir, am aware and have had mixed bag results but still always keep a bottle in my pantry. I've personally found a good multivitamin and fish oil capsules to make my list of things that I know that help me. Plenty of vitamin D is another big one. The more naturally occurring, the better. Being 32 now, I've spent a good 15 years studying about neurotransmitters and the drugs/diet that affect them. Good mention on the big 3 (serotonin, dopamine, and GABA).

So the story goes, a German man at the end of his rope on depressions comes to the conclusion to end his life. The thought enters his mind, "I can't live with myself." He then comes into a place of 'being' acknowledging his thought, 'I' and 'myself' as if there were two separate components. He writes the book, "The Power of Now," writer of "A New Earth," and writer of "Stillness Speaks." He also changed his name to Eckhart Tolle. It touches a lot on ego, id, super ego. It talks about presences, ego, consciousness, and it really is a great read for anyone that is suffering. The one thing in life that is guaranteed is death and taxes. We all suffer in one way or another. I highly recommend it man. I know you can download Stillness Speaks online if you search pdf. Its written similar to Psalms. The style and context.

I never had a weight problem but to get shred for vaca, I read Younger thinner you diet by E. Braverman. Great read. Spoke of adding herbs and spices in diet. It speeds up the metabolism as well as spiking Acetylcholine, Gaba, Dopamine, Serotonin, and other brain receptors. Diet, exercise, reading, physical activity, sex etc. are all a great way to shake off depression.

I wouldn't choose the life i have if i had that choice, well not the last 15 years anyway.
Life changed for me back then and is quite different to what it was, due to chronic pain which has taken over my whole life.
Its great to live considering the alternative is death, but i honestly think there may be a time in the future when euthanasia could be an option because of the increasing pain.
Things used to be fun, with lots of people around, i worked, did stuff, but it all changed.
At the moment I exist.

3 out of 10!

I just got home from Dave & Busters, and I don't even like D&B's. My life is ruined.

I like my life. I just wish there was more of it. Like if I didn't need sleep and could work on my passions or future endeavors for a few uninterrupted hours a day. I wouldn't give up my fulfilling and well-paying job surrounded by people that I like or the chance to farther around with my kids all day. But, damn, I want to write that high fantasy epic and do more outdoorsy stuff.

I just had a great breakfast and conversation with my dad. The two of us sat there shooting the shit for about two hours, just talking about his life and the stuff he'd done and it was funny and great. It made me happy to be alive for sure, there's really nothing quite like have a great chat with your father.

Counting all of my blessings. Honestly, unless I don't have the basic needs of shelter, food/water, clothes, health. Im pretty much good to go. But if you are asking for an inventory of blessings, here we go...

I am building my dream home with home studio. It will be finished in 6 months
Getting married to my sweetheart and best friend
I love my Mom, friends and family so much it hurts
My commute to work is 5 minutes
I got two pay raises this year
I am a believer in God and we (God and I) kick it all the time
My dog is the sweetest creature on earth, unless you are a squirrel rabbit or critter of some sort
my jiu jitsu and muay thai skills are pretty skillzy
I inherited a lot of $ and a house and good things from my best friend who unfortunately passed away (I took care of him while he was dying of cancer) That isn't so great, but he left me with a lot of material wealth, which is good. Miss my boy tho.
Just finished recording my second solo album in which I played all of the instruments and wrote all of the songs

All of the above doesn't mean a hill of beans without love and I believe I have that.

So many blessings and I hope that all of you are blessed with all of your hopes and dreams.

I don't think anyone should ever be satisfied or happy with their life... There's always room for development and enjoyment.

With that said, I have a decent job, my health, family are still around and am in a nice environment near Lake tahoe.

Things could always be better, doesn't mean I am unhappy for it.

Love my life, just hate my wife.

I legit love my life.

If any of you think you cunts have it rough, I have a buddy who hasn't been laid in 7 years. Quit yo bitchin

All I see on this forum is depression, misery, suicide contemplation, cries for attention, whining, etc.

Does anyone here enjoy life? This thread is for people who actually like their lives.

Get in here and post how awesome your existence is.

To all you sad people out there... just turn that frown upside down!

Ill go first. I'm married, have a great job, live near my parents, live in a great city

The depression, misery, and suicide is all liberals.

I'm alive, healthy, roof over my head, food on the table

more than enough reason for me to like my life

Back