Does anyone actually give Sonnen a chance? except his blind fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were all in a room together instead of the internet, and Shogun were sitting in on this conversation--- I think he would murder you.

THIS. For someone that is supposedly a Shogun fan you are going out of your way to make him look bad, discredit him and make excuses.

Just looking through his other/older posts. Read this:
TheDrollerGhost said:
Hendo has that insane right hand, but it seems except Shogun people don't stand and trade with him, so he just head-hunts most fight,
and his recent fights showed that if he cant hit you with the right hand he just can't have much of an offense ( vs MAchida and vs Evans)

KO Power goes to Hendo
Wrestling I'd say Sonnen, he took Shogun down and kept him down, Hendo mostly defends takedowns, doesn't often go for takedowns in the same way Sonnen does.
BJJ - Sonnen, he submitted Shogun, and he used the butterfly guard very effectively to get from under Jones two times I think.
Cardio I'd go with Sonnen, especially at LHW since he cuts less weight his cardio should improve.

This is in reference to the Shogun-Machida fight:
Lucky punch, everybody can get caught.
Shogun will simply gas if they fight again.

Which reveals that he doesn't necessarily like Shogun, he just wants Machida to look better.

And here's him admitting Sonnen is too small for 205.
Because he fights at MW. that is his weight class.
He went at LHW for the money, he is undersized there.
That makes Shogun look terrible, if he is correct and Sonnen should be at 185..

THIS. For someone that is supposedly a Shogun fan you are going out of your way to make him look bad, discredit him and make excuses.

I'm also fairly certain that no one in the room would testify against Shogun.

This wasn't a case of the mythical healthy Shogun not being in the ring Saturday. He seemed healthy enough to go for takedowns. I don't think Shogun respected Sonnen's submission game and the results are clear.

That or he isn't a Wu Tang fan.

I thought with this loss it would be over soon with the delusional Shogun fans but it seems it only got worse.

I thought with this loss it would be over soon with the delusional Shogun fans but it seems it only got worse.

I truly think he could lose 3-4 times in a row in brutal fashion and there would be no shortage of people making excuses for why it happened. We all know about his shot knees, but he's beaten guys since and there's not much left to be said. There's no excuse to be made when you get choked out in the first round before having a chance to gas. He even took Sonnen down so you can't say his knees were so bad he couldn't do anything about it... he clearly was able to defend. There's no excuse left, he left his neck out and got choked by a guy who has arms like bands of steel and a wrestling pedigree that's near the very top of the food chain in the UFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back