Does anyone actually care about Mayweather and McGregor fighting?

How excited would you be for Floyd vs. McGregor

• Total voters

MMA

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how any MMA or boxing fan can be even remotely interested in this fight.

If it were an MMA fight (Floyd would never agree to it) McGregor kills him

If it's a boxing fight -- boooooooooooooooooooooorinnnggggg -- and Floyd kills him

I feel like all of us know this, I mean stone cold KNOW it. There's no wonder. There's no what-ifs.

It's just a big, stupid gimmick to sell to morons who don't know dick about fight sports.

Fuck this fight

I train UFC with McGregor and his coach Jonathan Derrickson, i hope trump doesnt get nuclear codes tbh

Not excited, but who am I kidding? I'll watch and probably be excited night-of

i still want the aldo rematch

Lol every fucking one here will watch that fight

Anytime you have a fight where the favorite is 25 to 1....
...can common sense fucking kick in, FFS.

Lol every fucking one here will watch that fight
I honestly wouldn't.

I've been watching MMA for well over a decade and boxing casually for longer, I've bought most PPVs. I've thrown so much goddamn money at this sport and I've seen enough combat sports to know better.

This is a huge waste of time and money and my penis hasn't moved a millimeter since they began talking about it.

I would love to say I don't care.....but it's not true. I wouldn't be able to avoid the hype and my curiosity would get the better of me.

And hey, you started a thread about it....so you care.

I don't understand how any MMA or boxing fan can be even remotely interested in this fight.

If it's a boxing fight -- boooooooooooooooooooooorinnnggggg -- and Floyd kills him

I feel like all of us know this, I mean stone cold KNOW it. There's no wonder. There's no what-ifs.

It's just a big, stupid gimmick to sell to morons who don't know dick about fight sports.

Fuck this fight
Sadly combat sports caters to a lot of imbeciles and they know it. People on these forums seriously think Conor would beat him. They are that retarded.

I honestly wouldn't.

I've been watching MMA for well over a decade and boxing casually for longer, I've bought most PPVs. I've thrown so much goddamn money at this sport and I've seen enough combat sports to know better.

This is a huge waste of time and money and my penis hasn't moved a millimeter since they began talking about it.
There you said it.
People who never miss any UFC card like me are going to watch it no matter what.

NEVER thought it would actually happen.

But, if fighting Floyd meant Conor would become so rich. That he would say " fuck the UFC...Thanks for the cheese Floyd. Catch yas later ". And, NEVER fight in the UFC, again.

I'm all for it. I just want this fraudulent fuckin clown gone...FOREVER.

87e1403c5d1edf3c30c8b5f3f3dc0404.gif

I would love to say I don't care.....but it's not true. I wouldn't be able to avoid the hype and my curiosity would get the better of me.

And hey, you started a thread about it....so you care.
In this case, that logic actually doesn't work since I clearly intended care to mean whether people were excited for it.

I'll always care when they're talking about Conor's next fight, and to a much, much, much lesser extent I'll care about Floyd's too. But when they're talking about a crossover episode between these two guys for a cash grab that makes no sense, I only "care" in a negative way -- I hope it doesn't happen.

But yeah, it's not about caring, shouldn't have put that in the title so you're right to call me out. I'm pretty clearly not stoked about it.

not interested; but shit, if it happens, i'll watch.

won't pay for it tho.

There you said it.
People who never miss any UFC card like me are going to watch it no matter what.
OK if the fight happened on a UFC card, I'll say I'd buy that card... For the OTHER four fights. Assuming they weren't complete dogshit, of course.

But it's my understanding this is not going on a UFC card. This is some kind of co-promoted going-out-of-business boxing card.

All of this is true but it's still by far the fight I want to see the most, but I've always loved freakshow fights.

Sadly combat sports caters to a lot of imbeciles and they know it. People on these forums seriously think Conor would beat him. They are that retarded.
Speaking of that, did you see the first reply where the guy said he wanted it to happen so Conor could make a lot of money?

Any fan who'd chose to have Conor fight irrelevant gimmick fights over real, major MMA fights just so Conor could make more money is a dipshit of such epic proportions that I couldn't even reply directly to it, for fear that looking at his post might give me brain-AIDS. I had to wait for you to give me a segue

Back