Does anybody recommend getting The Ps4 Pro?

HOV

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now I already have a PS4 Slim, but should I get a Pro?....What are the major differences?

Not really..

Only reason would be for PSVR and I don't think it's worth as of now... but that's just my opinion. If u didn't already have a PS4 then yes but u already have one so no...

I've seen videos where they point out the Pro a lot of the time will have little to no benefit and many times actually a lower framerate at the cost of slightly or no better visuals.

I'd say the Slim is the best deal

I'd wait for the PS4 Pro VR edition. Eventually they will integrate the vr box and probably oc a little bit again.

I considered it for the bigger hard drive, until I learned you can just change out the hard drive, so that's what I did. I put in a 2 TB hard drive in to my regular PS4 so now I've got double the room of a Pro.

I considered it for the bigger hard drive, until I learned you can just change out the hard drive, so that's what I did. I put in a 2 TB hard drive in to my regular PS4 so now I've got double the room of a Pro.
How much do those cost? And do you have to redownload your games when you swith the hard drives?

Probably not if you already own a PS4 but I didn't and Newegg is offering it with Tomb Raider and Deus Ex for 400 so i jumped on that deal. You can play TR at 60 FPS on the Pro so that was a major selling point for me. Hopefully they patch more games in the future with better framerates. That's all I really care about.

Probably not if you already own a PS4 but I didn't and Newegg is offering it with Tomb Raider and Deus Ex for 400 so i jumped on that deal. You can play TR at 60 FPS on the Pro so that was a major selling point for me. Hopefully they patch more games in the future with better framerates. That's all I really care about.

Agreed, would rather have smooth 60 fps and 1080p than this bullshit 4k nonsense. Heck I wouldnt mind 900p with 60+fps.

not worth it at all imo

I was worried that the "normal" version of games might get worse but tomb raider and resident evil 7 look and play great on the old ps4

And even a very basic and easy disc swap as recommended by Sony does not fuck your save games and app data as long as you have an USB stick.

I bought a Seagate Firecuda off Amazon for $115 Canadian. Yes, you have to redownload everything.

And a normal hdd (you don't need anything special,even a proper SSS) costs 40% less.

I had the original PS4 and my girlfriend got me the Pro for Christmas. I wouldn't say it's worth it, especially if you don't have a 4K TV, like I don't.

I will say that Titanfall 2 and COD Infinite Warfare look a little bit better and sharper on the Pro. The biggest difference for me was the fact that it now supports 5 GHZ Wifi, which is a big improvement, but the Slim does also. All in all, just get the Slim.

And a normal hdd (you don't need anything special,even a proper SSS) costs 40% less.

I don't know what you mean here. For 2 TB hard drives that was literally the cheapest I could find anywhere at all, period, regardless of HDD, SHD or SSD. $115 Canadian is basically like $85 US anyway.

no way, if you already have a ps4 stick with that or get a slim if you dont. this si literally the most half assed ugly fucking thing Ive ever seen. they put zero effort into it.

uWiLzWU.jpg

I got it.. don't regret it. There was a pretty good trade in deal at the time and I had some old games to get rid of.

There's a noticeable improvement for some games.. for example Battlefield 1 looks great.

...but the 1.5 versions of consoles idea is fucking stupid. Make a new one or wait. Don't go half in.

Agreed. I have a regular PS4 and considered getting a Pro for the 60 FPS until I learned that not all my games are being patched for it so I said forget it. Sony should have ensured wider support for upgraded framerates. It's a huge selling feature.

agree with most others. I bought mine since i bought a 4k tv, despite having a ps4 already. I honestly don't notice hardly anything. Wait for the scorpio

Back