Does anybody have any details about new UFC owners spinning off Pride?

90% of hardcore mma fans still 10 years later prefer PRIDE over ufc. You're gonna have to square with that one day.
those people are going on nostalgia alone. Im a hardcore mma fan.I loved pride,but i dont wanna go back to that.

To me, the UFC seems to be going in a downward spiral. Unified rules, Reebok deal, WWE Merger, bad promotion, etc...

I wouldn't be surprised if Pride made a resurrection.

To me, the UFC seems to be going in a downward spiral. Unified rules, Reebok deal, WWE Merger, bad promotion, etc...

I wouldn't be surprised if Pride made a resurrection.
Yeah sure,everyone wanna fly to japan to fight all of a sudden,im sure.
There are some kind of fighters who prefer the "loose" contracts of pride,but i think its a minority. We have seen fighters who were very vocal about PEDs who may not feel they would ever get a fair shake,especially in a company like that where shady shit happens on the reg.

I believe the era of Japan ruling MMA is over.
MMA has so much more visibility now that the shady stuff just wont stand anymore. I dont think alot of fighters would want to jump in on that anymore. It might be good for the Donald Cerrone type of fighter but not most.

those people are going on nostalgia alone. Im a hardcore mma fan.I loved pride,but i dont wanna go back to that.

I respect your right to your own opinion man. But I just don't see anybody could prefer the modern state of mma over how it was when PRIDE and the UFC were going head to head. Fans had 2 completely different flavors of mma to choose from. Fighters had more options and bargaining leverage. We salivated over potential cross over matches. It was just so much better back then.

Today's mma sucks ass.

Yeah sure,everyone wanna fly to japan to fight all of a sudden,im sure.
There are some kind of fighters who prefer the "loose" contracts of pride,but i think its a minority. We have seen fighters who were very vocal about PEDs who may not feel they would ever get a fair shake,especially in a company like that where shady shit happens on the reg.

HHJ I remember you from other threads now. You're clearly a UFC shill. It's pretty obvious.

HHJ I remember you from other threads now. You're clearly a UFC shill. It's pretty obvious.
Im not. I was devastated when PRIDE closed. But looking back,and what has happened since,i truly believe MMA is better off.

I respect your right to your own opinion man. But I just don't see anybody could prefer the modern state of mma over how it was when PRIDE and the UFC were going head to head. Fans had 2 completely different flavors of mma to choose from. Fighters had more options and bargaining leverage. We salivated over potential cross over matches. It was just so much better back then.

Today's mma sucks ass.
Yes,it was enjoyable to have two companies,but i prefer having them all being able to fight each other. The fighters more important than the promotions. Why salivate over potential cross over matches,when you can actually see the two men fight?

Im not. I was devastated when PRIDE closed. But looking back,and what has happened since,i truly believe MMA is better off.

Nah I think you are, bud. I remember a thread awhile back about Bellator and you were all up in there shitting on Bellator too, and praising the UFC.

Nah I think you are, bud. I remember a thread awhile back about Bellator and you were all up in there shitting on Bellator too, and praising the UFC.
no i remember what i said. I said i dont have time to watch much bellator, that i just watch UFC,not because any other mma is bad,i just dont have he time anymore. In the past i watched and followed everyting i could get my hands on,but now i dont have the time,thats just my personal way of life,i dont tell anyone to do the same. I had a hard time even following ufc anymore,till i bought fightpass.I think bellator is good,but i hate the freakshow main events that make mma look bad. Other than that i have no complaints. UFC is no where near perfect. I do think the progress they made has brought mma to a better level overall than when pride and ufc were both around. I have good memories of those times,but i dont care to look backward. I care about the future,and jerking off over Rizin's freakshow fights is just not so attractive to me.

Today's mma sucks ass.

Yes,it was enjoyable to have two companies,but i prefer having them all being able to fight each other. The fighters more important than the promotions. Why salivate over potential cross over matches,when you can actually see the two men fight?

Yeah the fighters are more important than the promotions. And with healthy competition, the fighters have more options and more contract leverage. That's how Zuffa snatched Cro Cop away from Pride.

And we DID get crossover matches. Vitor went to Pride. Chuck went 3 times. Ricco went. And Wand was supposed to go to the UFC but Pride nixed that. But we did get some crossovers. And if the 2 companies were still going strong, we'd probably have gotten a lot more over the years.

Yeah the fighters are more important than the promotions. And with healthy competition, the fighters have more options and more contract leverage. That's how Zuffa snatched Cro Cop away from Pride.

And we DID get crossover matches. Vitor went to Pride. Chuck went 3 times. Ricco went. And Wand was supposed to go to the UFC but Pride nixed that. But we did get some crossovers. And if the 2 companies were still going strong, we'd probably have gotten a lot more over the years.
It wasnt really fair. UFC would end fighters over,but Pride would not return the favor. "Some crossovers" is less attractive than all the guys fighting each other in one company. There are flaws to that too but the good outweighs the bad.

This just makes me sad that we will never get anything this awesome again. Fuck the ufc
see! this is the wrong attitude. yes this is awesome,but i dont say fuck the ufc just because pride did something different. Easy to make awesome intros when you do one card every 2 months. Fuck all that noise in 2017 tho.
This is awesome...but i dont NEED it. Plus american dunderheads dont even care about intros anyway,so why do them. Its a minority who would want it.

Wonder what it would go for on the market. What did it sell for? Wish Conor and Floyd would buy pride and resurrect it in the US and in Japan.

Wonder what it would go for on the market. What did it sell for? Wish Conor and Floyd would buy pride and resurrect it in the US and in Japan.
Or they can start their own Japanese promotion for hella cheaper.

Back