Does anybody have any details about new UFC owners spinning off Pride?

death_by_teeps

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Has anybody heard whether the new owners intend to sell off Pride for cash, or do they want to keep Pride dead like Zuffa did? I don't see how it can really hurt them.

It's a hard sell now that all the stars who made it so great have retired.

Pride has big name value so I doubt it cause it actually could end up hurting them.

The name is the most important part. Even when Zuffa first bought the UFC thats all they were interested in buying because the letters UFC were known world wide and synonymous with the sport of MMA, brand recognition is the most important factor in a successful business, no way they give up an established and popular name.

I'm pretty sure they are wanting to keep that pride video library.

Is this a real rumor or is TS just making shit up?

Has anybody heard whether the new owners intend to sell off Pride for cash, or do they want to keep Pride dead like Zuffa did? I don't see how it can really hurt them.
WME needs some cash flow. Resurrecting pride, in Japan, sounds like a big risk and possible money pit.

You mean sell the name and video librabry? Cuz thats all thats left of Pride that the UFC owns, hell it's basically all they got in the sale.

You mean sell the name and video librabry? Cuz thats all thats left of Pride that the UFC owns, hell it's basically all they got in the sale.

They got the pride fighter contracts. That was the big fish. The library was the icing on the cake.

Yeah, they're doing a full reboot.

Getting all the old clan back together, juicing them up, putting them in spandex etc.

Plenty of music and more dancing.

It's going to be great.

Going to be called 'Pride 2: Prouder'.

The summer blockbuster hit you've been yearning for.

If they aint got the fighters Pride is just Rizin with a different name.
Itd be like Dream but worse since the little guys make money too in UFC too.
In other words, forced.
"boy oh boy its like pride is back again,can you see my huge smile? ufc is dying"

Yeah, they're doing a full reboot.

Getting all the old clan back together, juicing them up, putting them in spandex etc.

Plenty of music and more dancing.

It's going to be great.

Going to be called 'Pride 2: Prouder'.

The summer blockbuster hit you've been yearning for.

90% of hardcore mma fans still 10 years later prefer PRIDE over ufc. You're gonna have to square with that one day.

The pride library is probably one of the main selling points for fight pass, I imagine they'd lose a lot of subscribers if that was gone...and lose out on that recurring income

They got the pride fighter contracts. That was the big fish. The library was the icing on the cake.
No they really didn't. They were very vocal about that at the time. Mostly the got the logo the video library and a handful of contracts, the big names they had to sign on thier own.

The pride library is probably one of the main selling points for fight pass, I imagine they'd lose a lot of subscribers if that was gone...and lose out on that recurring income
I would be super fucking pissed if they did that. Unforgivable/

Back