Does anybody else think GTA IV sucked?

I found GTA 5 to be underwhelming tbh. I had a blast with GTA 4

Loved it, especially the wars in multiplayer in races and/or in Cops n Crooks mode. Hiding/take cover behind walls, cars etc had a very nice feeling to it.

And the driving was great once mastered.

One of my favorite single-player, story-driven experiences, with some of the best character and plot development, especially when considering the add-on packs.

As for soundtracks, I'll never forget this.

If they ever remake this with an updated engine, it'll be a day-one purchase.

Some are mentioning the janky driving physics. On a controller, I don't recall having any problems, but using a mouse and keyboard might be a different story, as it was for me when I played San Andreas on a PC.

Really liked driving in IV compared to others in series, absolutely loathed garbage controls with mouse aim though. Deadzone with a mouse, wtf?

One of my favorite single-player, story-driven experiences, with some of the best character and plot development, especially when considering the add-on packs.

As for soundtracks, I'll never forget this.

I always loved this song for rampaging:

Anybody who can’t drive in GTA IV can’t drive a real car.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I could drive in GTA IV, but it was clunky, stupid, and not fun. Even if you're good at racing sims video game driving has zero to do with real life driving unless you use a wheel.

I think that's played when Roman picks up Nico right after the intro. A favorite for me as well. Brings the eastern European flavor ;)

I loved 4's story. It's the first time I've finished the story line since vice city.

Bought 5...it's collecting dust in my steam library.

I loved the story dlc packs and wish GTA V got some similar content. Too bad they make billions from the shark cards.

The game blew my mind when it released and I remember being so hyped up for it. I turned off my phone, put on comfy pants and binged that game all weekend. Niko is a top tier character with incredible voice acting.

I really grooved to Tom Vek and Burro Banton. My two big takeaways from that game.

That Kid Conga track from Gay Tony too. So catchy.

You know what really sucked about GTAV? The soundtrack.

My God. Above all else, that is the worst aspect of GTAV. Literally nothing I can remember.

You just shut your mouth. Radio Mirror Park is the best radio station to come to a GTA game in years.

Last edited:
If I learn of one or two new bands from a game then it's a success in that way. GTA:SA had the best soundtrack by far, but it was....safe. GTAIV and V (and RDR for that matter) took a venture and mixed the safe with the indie route. And I liked it.

Tell me you didn't get that "feel" when arriving in Mexico in RDR.
V has some fantastic stuff on the soundtrack. I've spent hours driving around aimlessly listening to it. Bootsy, Gilles Peterson, Soulwax, Flying Lotus, outlaw country, Pam Grier, the dude from Black Flag, etc. Those stations gave me lots to look up. Could have done with some jazz and metal, but I guess they were trying to put in stuff they hadn't used before.

SR 2 was great, 3 was good too.

Both better than GTA4
Unrelated, but apparently a lot of content was cut out of SR3. Anyway, I had a lot of fun with SR2 and put over 100 hours into it. Since they won't give us SR5, they should remaster SR1 and 2. While we're on the subject, did anyone enjoy CTW?

Also, I hated how ridiculous the cops were in GTA V.

Last edited:
If I learn of one or two new bands from a game then it's a success in that way. GTA:SA had the best soundtrack by far, but it was....safe. GTAIV and V (and RDR for that matter) took a venture and mixed the safe with the indie route. And I liked it.

Tell me you didn't get that "feel" when arriving in Mexico in RDR.

Safe? GTA SA is the best game soundtrack ever, and the gold standard of any game. The variety and quality have not been topped.

Rockstar dropped some cash to pull those songs, and it paid off.

I had a lot of fun with SR2 and put over 100 hours into it. Since they won't give us SR5, they should remaster SR1 and 2. While we're on the subject, did anyone enjoy CTW?

SR4 went too far into the absurd. Only way 5 would work would be to follow GTA 5, and thatd be a clone

Back