Does a Healthy Kevin Lee Beat Tony Ferguson?

Does a Healthy Kevin Lee Beat Tony Ferguson

• Total voters
On that first night I don't think so, infection or not.

Now in a year while Lee has more experience and training camps while freaking Tony has to recover from that type of injury I'm not sure.

Sea level, motivated, efficient with energy...

That might be because when they take antibiotics they're generally sick.
There are some cases where anitbiotics can mess you up.
1. You're allergic to that specific kind
2. You have kidney failure and was prescribed too high a dose
3. Special antibiotics that you can't mix with alcohol (not applicable in this case since they're not used for this kind of infection). Wider, intravenous antibiotics in general have more side effects I believe.
4. Side effects. These can happen but are rare - with the antibiotics Lee was likely taken the most common one is a bad stomach. This could potentially hurt his training, but it's a side effect and uncommon. Severe side effects can occur but is rare.

If we presume Lee's training was in fact hindered by his infection it was becasue of the infection itself, not because of the antibiotic.
Good to know, thanks for the info!

So his excuse was that he had staph? Ok sure
It's just a fact of the matter that he had staph. I don't think anyone saw him once try and use it as an excuse. He didn't even disclose it, Joe Rogan noticed it and made an uproar about the entire thing.

Good to know, thanks for the info!

It's just a fact of the matter that he had staph. I don't think anyone saw him once try and use it as an excuse. He didn't even disclose it, Joe Rogan noticed it and made an uproar about the entire thing.

The antibiotics killing the bacteria can also in some cases lead to bacterial "content" leaking out, activating the immune system and making you feel sicker. From what I understand this is most relevant in meningitis

latest

I don't think so. Tony is too scrappy on the floor and his pace will remain high. Barboza was pretty much done after that first round.

By the time that fight happens lee would already take tomuch head damage and ferg would get an easy knockout after the kick barboza gave him his chin just got weaker

I'm a Kevin Lee fan, I'm not a fan of Tony Ferguson. The answer to the question is no. Is it physically possible? Yes, pretty much anything can happen in MMA. But as much I like Kevin and as much as Tony annoys me I don't see Lee winning that fight for whatever reason. Not just because he lost to him already but because for as much success as Kevin had in the first round of their fight I still think Tony is a very difficult stylistic match-up for him.

Considering he was getting in Tony’s ass before he gassed, I would have to say yes

Ferguson beats him every time, stop using the staph as an excuse for his cardio. The reason he looked fresh against Edson is because he was pressing the action and fighting his fight. El Cucuy is a lot different.

As we all know at this point, Kevin Lee went into the Tony Ferguson fight on antibiotics due to some nasty Staph Infection he had on his chest. He looked good against Ferguson early on, planting him on the mat and mounting him where he managed to tee off with some quality ground and pound.

His cardio failed him mid fight and eventually Ferguson locked in the fight ending submission from his back. It became even more evident the effect the combination of Staph / antibiotics can have on a fighter. Kevin Lee just went 5 hard rounds, was heavily rocked in the 3rd and never showed any signs of slowing down, yet against Ferguson he was gassed hard after 2 rounds.

So my question is, if Kevin Lee goes into the fight with Ferguson 100% healthy, do you think he wins the fight?

Edson Barboza has no guard, his ground game is non-existent. Tony was throwing up sub attempts and elbowing Lee in the head, hard. Lee himself said the elbows were effecting him. Its a completely different comparison. Tony is going to make a fighter way more tired than Edson who is a turtle off his back.

to people saying staph is an "Excuse" you're fucking idiots, period

idk if he would win the rematch but he definitely wouldn't gas as hard

to people saying staph is an "Excuse" you're fucking idiots, period

idk if he would win the rematch but he definitely wouldn't gas as hard

It is an excuse. Maybe don't take the fight if you think it's hurting your cardio that bad?

It is an excuse. Maybe don't take the fight if you think it's hurting your cardio that bad?
It was his first chance at a title and he didn't want to let the Asian fans down.

Tony would not be finished by Lee's GnP. He would weather the storm and then light Lee up in the later rounds. Cardio for days and the man can take a beating.

Tony by sub or TKO in round 4-5.

Lee kept losing the mount and I'd be willing to bet Tony is better off his back than Barboza but who knows.

Nah. Once Tony slices him up from the bottom, Kevin will be back in the same place. His cardio won't help him.

I still give the stand up and slight advantage on the ground to Ferguson but after returning from this surgery I would put my money on Lee to take it

It's an excuse. He felt well enough to fight. If he was truly affected by it, he shouldn't have fought that high level, high stakes of a fight until he was good to go.
He's a fighter. He's not just gonna pull out of the biggest fight of his life. Even if he had staph and a resulting bad weight cut.

Staph Is quite a legitimate excuse, especially when It comes to cardio.

Back