Does a Healthy Kevin Lee Beat Tony Ferguson?

Does a Healthy Kevin Lee Beat Tony Ferguson

• Total voters
I've been on antibiotics, and it's never affected my cardio, so I'm not buying that excuse.

He threw everything he had at Ferguson, and it wasn't enough. I expect Ferguson would win the rematch....assuming his knee surgery isn't a career changer.

Is it healthy Tony too ? We don't know how he'll look when he's back

I'll write this here too: We can't tell how Lee felt just because he had a staph infection. He may have been completely unaffected aside from some minor pain, or he might've been badly affected with severe pain and high fever - without the doctor's record or at least a testimony from the man himself we can't know. Also most antibiotics shouldn't have any real side effects unless you've got kidney failure or is allergic. There's a few that makes you feel sick if you consume alcohol while undergoing the treatment, but that's not the ones which are first line treatment to dermal/subdermal staph infections.

Fuck this place is a joke. Lee only gassed because of staph. ..............

Yeah, that's the only reason..... Fucking dummies.

But but he didn't gas against barboza..... Derrrrrrrpppppp

When you have staph you have no energy. Speaking from experience.

I don’t blame Kevin for taking that fight against Ferguson the first time given that he had a chance at a title. Given how Kevin looked against Tony before the finish and the mauling he put on Edson, I would not be surprised to see Kevin buzzsaw through the division.

I've been on antibiotics, and it's never affected my cardio, so I'm not buying that excuse.

He threw everything he had at Ferguson, and it wasn't enough. I expect Ferguson would win the rematch....assuming his knee surgery isn't a career changer.
I doubt you had to fight one of the best UFC fighters in the world while on anti-biotics though. That and whatever you may have been doing are vastly different.

No Staph Lee beats Khabib for sure, but I don't think he beats Ferguson.

I doubt you had to fight one of the best UFC fighters in the world while on anti-biotics though. That and whatever you may have been doing are vastly different.

It's antibiotics, not chemotherapy. The ones you use for a infection like Lee's have no side-effects in healthy people aside from maybe some stomach problems. If Lee was held back from this infection it was because he might've had fever and strong pain, not becasue of the antibiotics.

I don't think he gassed because of the staph.

I think he gassed because he couldn't get tony out of there.
Yeah maybe! Could be that could’ve been an adrenaline dump! My reason for saying it was the staph is the Edson fight. He didn’t look gassed but you could be correct.

It's antibiotics, not chemotherapy. The ones you use for a infection like Lee's have no side-effects in healthy people aside from maybe some stomach problems. If Lee was held back from this infection it was because he might've had fever and strong pain, not becasue of the antibiotics.
Hmmm. I can't pretend to know anything about antibiotics effect the body but this seems like the opposite of what most people say.

because he missed weight by a pound one time In his career?
More so because he cuts way too much weight and has problems making weight.

People seem to forget that Tony Ferguson dropped Kevin Lee in the first round as well. It was a fun back and forth fight, but I don't think Lee's chin is going to get any better.

This is a bad question.
Does Lee beat Ferguson in that specific fight if hes healthy? Probably not

But we just saw him fight again and cardio aside he looked mich improve
Does he beat Tony now? Maybe.

Hmmm. I can't pretend to know anything about antibiotics effect the body but this seems like the opposite of what most people say.

That might be because when they take antibiotics they're generally sick.
There are some cases where anitbiotics can mess you up.
1. You're allergic to that specific kind
2. You have kidney failure and was prescribed too high a dose
3. Special antibiotics that you can't mix with alcohol (not applicable in this case since they're not used for this kind of infection).
4. Side effects. These can happen but are rare - with the antibiotics Lee was likely taken the most common one is a bad stomach. This could potentially hurt his training, but it's a side effect and uncommon. Severe side effects can occur but is rare. Wider, intravenous antibiotics have more side effects in general I believe, but if Lee was hospitalized for his infection then we can assume that the infection was the serious part and not the antibiotics.

As we all know at this point, Kevin Lee went into the Tony Ferguson fight on antibiotics due to some nasty Staph Infection he had on his chest. He looked good against Ferguson early on, planting him on the mat and mounting him where he managed to tee off with some quality ground and pound.

His cardio failed him mid fight and eventually Ferguson locked in the fight ending submission from his back. It became even more evident the effect the combination of Staph / antibiotics can have on a fighter. Kevin Lee just went 5 hard rounds, was heavily rocked in the 3rd and never showed any signs of slowing down, yet against Ferguson he was gassed hard after 2 rounds.

So my question is, if Kevin Lee goes into the fight with Ferguson 100% healthy, do you think he wins the fight?
So his excuse was that he had staph? Ok sure

Back